Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 01:57 AM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 20 Times on 13 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South
Let me add my sincere condolences to all the victims and their families. I got a little selfish earlier and let my temper get ahead of my common sense.
I don't think that is selfish at all.

Old 12-12-2012, 01:59 AM   #22

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
as the economy gets worse people who are borderline at best are going to be pushed over the edge and we are going to see a LOT more of this sht.

most likely the mall was posted "no ccw here please murder our shoppers"
My wife and our 17 year old daughter were in this mall on Sunday while I was home with the younger children. My 17 year old was supposed to go back today after school but her Grandma ride fell through...Thank God.

I do not know if this mall is posted? Spent ALOT of time there as a kid but it's been many years since I've needed to go back.

We just finished discussing it at the dinner table. Holliday shopping without ME present will not be happening again.

Tack
Old 12-12-2012, 02:00 AM   #23

Liked 385 Times on 250 Posts
Likes Given: 1371

The predictable result of disarming the people.

If just one in 10 people carried.. someone would have been able ot return fire.

So the guys gun jammed?
Maybe he was trying one of those silly 100rd mags..

Old 12-12-2012, 02:01 AM   #24
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5271 Times on 2748 Posts
Likes Given: 333

i dont go unarmed unless there are metal detectors and armed guards present to ensure my safety. period

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-12-2012, 02:08 AM   #25
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2195 Times on 1097 Posts
Likes Given: 1123

Signs or not you can bet I will be carrying! Screw their signs. I am remorseful for those who lost their lives and there is too much of this going on. Some CCW should have blown is freakin head off. That is one reason I carry almost everywhere I go if it is not against Federal Law. I have no where in my world for dirt bags like this and they will not for one second be tolerated. They will not need to burden the court system or the expense of the public for a trial if I am ever confronted. Once I had to play by the rules now I do not. My sympathy for the families of those who lost their love ones to this senseless act. God Bless them!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

rustyruger Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #26

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

OK granted, I'm a gun guy blah blah blah but I don't see how this says anything else other than, never leave home without a ****ing firearm, the law be damned if you see someone running through a mall with a ski-mask and a rifle, it's your civic duty to shoot that *******.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-12-2012, 02:13 AM   #27

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Amen fellas, and I will also reflect on the fact that in my original post I was also thinking insensitively....placing the role of the AR before the sympathy for the people lost today....and those scarred by what they experienced.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:17 AM   #28

Liked 72 Times on 46 Posts

Funny how this kinda stuff seems to happen when a "gun ban" is mentioned....

Old 12-12-2012, 02:18 AM   #29

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpha1Victor View Post
Funny how this kinda stuff seems to happen when a "gun ban" is mentioned....
I don't get what you mean.

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-12-2012, 02:43 AM   #30

Liked 4544 Times on 2196 Posts
Likes Given: 1352

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
i dont go unarmed unless there are metal detectors and armed guards present to ensure my safety. period
Bingo...

Tack