Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2012, 08:28 PM   #131
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
This says a lot. These cowards will off themselves at the first hint of resistance.
Yes sir, waist of skin

My wife’s family lives 5 blocks from that mall, its their mall. They told us about this guy and said people had to talk him into telling his story to the media because he felt like a failure at first but realized he did well after he was told so by everyone. The kid is a local hero and it was very real…..I have not seen this on national news……but locally it’s all over.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #132

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
Yes sir, waist of skin

My wife’s family lives 5 blocks from that mall, its their mall. They told us about this guy and said people had to talk him into telling his story to the media because he felt like a failure at first but realized he did well after he was told so by everyone. The kid is a local hero and it was very real…..I have not seen this on national news……but locally it’s all over.
Do your old man-in-law carry?

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:48 PM   #133

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

wheeew, missed that crucial piece of the story as well.
Thanks for posting Oli. I'd like to think the last thing that went through that scum's mind (before the bullet) "was oh crap.....he's got me in his sights"

Small step forward for CCW holders. Sad that it got no traction in the news, typical, but understandable in the wake of what happened

Old 12-18-2012, 08:50 PM   #134

Liked 4674 Times on 2260 Posts
Likes Given: 1430

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
That's what I was getting at. They are not on our side and now every shooting is being reported like it's a mass shooting. Not talking about the CT shooting God rest their souls but every time I look they are reporting another shooting in the national media where normally it would be local only.
Fellas...this is not a new phenomenon.

Every shooting involving 2 or more victims has been covered like this going back to before Columbine.

CT is particularly savage due to the ages of the victims and will be drummed up that much more.

Cable news is about ratings and nothing sells advertising like blood on the floor. Are there media elites looking to help push an agenda? Sure there are? But if it didn't pull viewer and sell adds, MSNBC would be the only ones continuing to cover it.

Our message need to be child safety first by recognizing the uselessness of GFZ's, eliminating them, and recognizing all citizens right to carry anywhere.

CCW in the classroom is the only measure that will curb these events so say it loud and say it often.

Tack
Old 12-18-2012, 09:01 PM   #135

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Do your old man-in-law carry?
he does, a Shield
Old 12-18-2012, 09:05 PM   #136

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
he does, a Shield
Sounds like a good man!

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-18-2012, 09:07 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Sounds like a good man!
He is......he packs it in a Crossbreed and hopes he never has to use it, like the rest of us that carry on a regular basis
Old 12-19-2012, 03:32 PM   #138

Liked 38 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 233

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Look at the post above mine and tell me the direction of where some folks are headed? That post wasnt warm and fuzzy and sensitive to what just happened, in fact what I am seeing on here is a complete disregard for what happened and a "YOU CANT HAVE ANY OF MY TOYS, SPECIALLY NOT THE SHINY RED FIRE TRUCK" mentality.

I need a break from all this for a while I think. Emotions are running high all across the country, social media, forums, etc....I just think people's focus should be with the families of 20 slain children who will spend Christmas in a f#cking coffin. Period.
I agree with you.. It is a horrible tragedy. My children are grown and on their own. I'm finally over the feeling of impending terror I had throughout most of their lives as young children. My ex-wife and I were probably overly-protective, but they made it through to adulthood.

I promise you, nothing you or I can say or do will make a bit of difference to those parents in CT. Their life will never ever be the same. The lives of brothers, sisters, grandparents, etc.... they will never be the same..
They will carry the pain for the rest of their lives.

I would ask you to consider this: what about the parents of missing / kidnapped/brutally murdered children? What about children killed by drunk drivers? What about the thousand of children starving to death around the world?

And to my point: It's the worst kind of political animal who makes political capital off of tragedies like this. The gun-control lobby is just that kind of a
political animal. Tell the media to leave it alone. They won't . It sells advertising.

You don't show compassion to those people by dancing to the media's ragtime piano. Try prayer, giving a little extra to Salvation Army. If you have kids, give them an extra hug. Look to see what you can do for MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving. ALL of those people have experienced tragedy. Every day. Without the constant media exposure.
They've all lost someone to a drunk driver.

PatMan

"You'll put your eye out, kid"

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

"DUMP HICKENLOOPER".. my future bumper sticker.

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-19-2012, 03:37 PM   #139
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Well said!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnolans View Post
I agree with you.. It is a horrible tragedy. My children are grown and on their own. I'm finally over the feeling of impending terror I had throughout most of their lives as young children. My ex-wife and I were probably overly-protective, but they made it through to adulthood.

I promise you, nothing you or I can say or do will make a bit of difference to those parents in CT. Their life will never ever be the same. The lives of brothers, sisters, grandparents, etc.... they will never be the same..
They will carry the pain for the rest of their lives.

I would ask you to consider this: what about the parents of missing / kidnapped/brutally murdered children? What about children killed by drunk drivers? What about the thousand of children starving to death around the world?

And to my point: It's the worst kind of political animal who makes political capital off of tragedies like this. The gun-control lobby is just that kind of a
political animal. Tell the media to leave it alone. They won't . It sells advertising.

You don't show compassion to those people by dancing to the media's ragtime piano. Try prayer, giving a little extra to Salvation Army. If you have kids, give them an extra hug. Look to see what you can do for MADD, Mothers Against Drunk Driving. ALL of those people have experienced tragedy. Every day. Without the constant media exposure.
They've all lost someone to a drunk driver.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-20-2012, 10:23 PM   #140

Liked 12 Times on 11 Posts

How would you stop one from putting poison in the food, or parking a car with a bomb in it at kid pickup place and time? we are lucky that they use guns, at least then they get CAUGHT/ or killed and don't get to do it again.