Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 13
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 08:38 PM   #121
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by HM2Grunt View Post
Help matters? Don't know if you missed it, but the media are not even on our side. This is most likely another nail in the "assault" rifle coffin lid. That's it, everybody out of the pool, some idiot just took a dump in the deep end. Personally, I don't own anything semi-auto. I am too old and fat to police-up my brass, but fellows, I'm hurting for you

That's what I was getting at. They are not on our side and now every shooting is being reported like it's a mass shooting. Not talking about the CT shooting God rest their souls but every time I look they are reporting another shooting in the national media where normally it would be local only.

Old 12-18-2012, 05:54 PM   #122
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1369 Times on 806 Posts
Likes Given: 3476

You are absolutely right about this!

If the ALL of the media sources did glamorize, sensationalize, and down right report everything half-assed, the future nut jobs would not try something like this for their 15 minutes of fame.

If the national media reported it like this:

A shooting in the town of "Anywhere" CT happened today, 26 dead, including the suspect, 3 semi-automatic weapons recovered from the scene. We will release an update on the story when the investigation is complete.

No one would have given it a second look.

Of course I would have expected the local media to inform its citizens of the whole situation and after the investigation was complete, notify the national media........several months after the investigation was complete.

But that would using Common Sense and showing compassion for those lost.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
That's what I was getting at. They are not on our side and now every shooting is being reported like it's a mass shooting. Not talking about the CT shooting God rest their souls but every time I look they are reporting another shooting in the national media where normally it would be local only.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-18-2012, 06:19 PM   #123
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1932 Times on 1369 Posts
Likes Given: 2183

Default Hunting season.......

I just pulled the plug out of my shot gun, the hell with the game laws. As for as i'm concerned it's open season on the nut cases. Stay out of the swamp........See me if you want to commit murder suicide, I'll take you there as the song goes.......

For ever Vigilant..... One Shot One Kill.........

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 06:31 PM   #124

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Hey guys, lets ease up on the anti-gov militia talk and think about something.....

20 sets of parents are buying small coffins instead of X-Mas gifts over the next few days. Think about that. Put your precious guns down for a moment and THINK ABOUT THAT. Do it out of respect for god's sake.

Old 12-18-2012, 08:43 PM   #125

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Hey guys, lets ease up on the anti-gov militia talk and think about something.....

20 sets of parents are buying small coffins instead of X-Mas gifts over the next few days. Think about that. Put your precious guns down for a moment and THINK ABOUT THAT. Do it out of respect for god's sake.
What's with this?....because there's dialogue about how/how not to prevent these incidents means we don't care??? geez.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 08:46 PM   #126

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Look at the post above mine and tell me the direction of where some folks are headed? That post wasnt warm and fuzzy and sensitive to what just happened, in fact what I am seeing on here is a complete disregard for what happened and a "YOU CANT HAVE ANY OF MY TOYS, SPECIALLY NOT THE SHINY RED FIRE TRUCK" mentality.

I need a break from all this for a while I think. Emotions are running high all across the country, social media, forums, etc....I just think people's focus should be with the families of 20 slain children who will spend Christmas in a f#cking coffin. Period.

Last edited by StainlessSteel215; 12-18-2012 at 08:49 PM.
Wiebelhaus Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:15 PM   #127

Liked 35 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 33

This is big news in here in OR…..did I miss this in 13 pages of wisdom
http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html

Old 12-18-2012, 09:16 PM   #128
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8839 Times on 5115 Posts
Likes Given: 11544

Quote:
Originally Posted by StainlessSteel215 View Post
Look at the post above mine and tell me the direction of where some folks are headed? That post wasnt warm and fuzzy and sensitive to what just happened, in fact what I am seeing on here is a complete disregard for what happened and a "YOU CANT HAVE ANY OF MY TOYS, SPECIALLY NOT THE SHINY RED FIRE TRUCK" mentality.

I need a break from all this for a while I think. Emotions are running high all across the country, social media, forums, etc....I just think people's focus should be with the families of 20 slain children who will spend Christmas in a f#cking coffin. Period.
I completely understand. All of us must consider the families of those who were lost. But that does not prevent us from engaging in useful discourse. To me it is not about one versus the other, it is about what can we do while being sensitive to this horrific loss. Taking a break is one way to do it but the fact remains that there are those who will take advantage while we take a break.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #129

Liked 4541 Times on 2261 Posts
Likes Given: 1030

I don't think it's insensitive at all. I fell for that **** when I was 21. Oh NOEZ!!!! The World Trade Center!!!! We NEED wars! We NEED the patriot act!!! We NEED the TSA!!! We NEED homeland security!!! We NEED warrant less wire taps!!!!
Oh, you're just being insensitive to the victims!..
Well never again! I don't want to lose any more rights because someone's scared! This crap is never going to end and well stick our heads a little further into the sand, until we wake up to realize we're now in a grave.

Well **** that! This is a battle for the very existence of the second amendment, and every second being 'classy' or 'sensitive' is time spent by the vultures.

And on that note, this does drive a point home, because I've been against gun free zones since columbine. These victims, these children are victims of the anti gun agenda.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

TDS92A Likes This 
Old 12-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #130

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by oli700 View Post
This is big news in here in OR…..did I miss this in 13 pages of wisdom
http://www.kgw.com/news/Clackamas-man-armed-confronts-mall-shooter-183593571.html
This says a lot. These cowards will off themselves at the first hint of resistance. From what I read the CT shooter did it as soon as he heard sirens.

"I'm not beating myself up cause I didn't shoot him," said Meli. "I know after he saw me, I think the last shot he fired was the one he used on himself."

If this is true and the shooter took his life thinking oh sh*t somebody is armed, how many lives did that save?