Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 12
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 05:35 PM   #111
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Perhaps not the Mrs. Fritz types but thinking back through my
Primary school days there were always at least a half dozen men on the Pys Ed side, coaches, Ect, who were in the building everyday and who I would not hesitate to trust with a firearm.

I completely agree with the notion of fast tracking vets and allowing them to carry while teaching. Pretty sure we do something similar with the current Air Marshal program by using LEO retirees.

My bigger point is that while these are good ideas, waiting for permission by anyone currently in a classroom is CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE!

Tack
Looks like we aren't the only ones thinking this way, let the negative words about Texas start flying but I'm sure folks have noticed, we don't really give a hoot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html?cmpid=cmty_other_Texas_Schoo l_District_Will_Let_Teachers_Carry_Guns

The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 PM   #112

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post

Looks like we aren't the only ones thinking this way, let the negative words about Texas start flying but I'm sure folks have noticed, we don't really give a hoot.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,404721,00.html?cmpid=cmty_other_Texas_Schoo l_District_Will_Let_Teachers_Carry_Guns
With training, I think that is an excellent idea.

NEVER FORGET

Old 12-17-2012, 06:02 PM   #113
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1341 Times on 793 Posts
Likes Given: 3375

I say schools should post warning signs on the doors stating that the faculty is armed. Whether they are or not is the risk that the bad guy has to take.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-17-2012, 06:29 PM   #114

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
I say schools should post warning signs on the doors stating that the faculty is armed. Whether they are or not is the risk that the bad guy has to take.
Normally the cowards off themselves at the first sign of LEO. Even hearing sirens will cause them to turn the gun on themselves so signs could very well help if they definitely are unsure.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:35 PM   #115
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Well hopefully they will off themselves in a place where the kids will not see it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post
Normally the cowards off themselves at the first sign of LEO. Even hearing sirens will cause them to turn the gun on themselves so signs could very well help if they definitely are unsure.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 12-17-2012, 06:42 PM   #116

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Well hopefully they will off themselves in a place where the kids will not see it.
LOL I wasn't implying they would see the signs and immediately shoot themselves but that it might deter them.

Wait! I'm slow I think you meant something other than killing themselves now that I think about it.

Old 12-17-2012, 06:48 PM   #117
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Hey, if the signs would do that, so much the better.

Quote:
LOL I wasn't implying they would see the signs and immediately shoot themselves but that it might deter them.

Wait! I'm slow I think you meant something other than killing themselves now that I think about it.
Gone_South Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 06:51 PM   #118
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Dammit to hell & back. These idiots are going to ruin it for us law abiding firearms owners. The media sure as hell ain't gonna help matters.
Help matters? Don't know if you missed it, but the media are not even on our side. This is most likely another nail in the "assault" rifle coffin lid. That's it, everybody out of the pool, some idiot just took a dump in the deep end. Personally, I don't own anything semi-auto. I am too old and fat to police-up my brass, but fellows, I'm hurting for you

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."

Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM   #119

Liked 4785 Times on 2314 Posts
Likes Given: 1477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post

God Bless Texas...

Line up 100 State Senators you can be sure that by the nature of there profession, they ALL have there heads up there arse's...however, bark the command "Pull Your Head Out Of Your Arse"...

...you can be certain that the two from Texas will be the first and only ones to succeed!

East Coast Senators would reply in a muffled tone...No, it's cold out there and I don't have my fuzzy ear muffs.

CA Senstors would say...No, it smells better in her than on the streets of LA.

Illinois Senatore would say...but, but, All my friends are in here...

Tack

Old 12-17-2012, 07:31 PM   #120
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 190 Times on 123 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
God Bless Texas...

Line up 100 State Senators you can be sure that by the nature of there profession, they ALL have there heads up there arse's...however, bark the command "Pull Your Head Out Of Your Arse"...

...you can be certain that the two from Texas will be the first and only ones to succeed!

East Coast Senators would reply in a muffled tone...No, it's cold out there and I don't have my fuzzy ear muffs.

CA Senstors would say...No, it smells better in her than on the streets of LA.

Illinois Senatore would say...but, but, All my friends are in here...

Tack
I think that this is the smartest plan I have ever heard of. Educational people, who are not only armed, but required to be appropriately trained, and licensed to do so. And not only armed with weapons, but education in ways to deal with confrontations that don't respond with deadly force first.

GOA,NRA
Old Bolt Actions,
One round at a time.

"This is my Mosin,
There are many like it,
And three or so are mine."