Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 11
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #101
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 268 Times on 167 Posts
Likes Given: 1032

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
In the late 1950s it was the gang problem. The Dems only wanted to Ban switch blade knives and cheap handguns. They coined the word Saturday Nite Special to stir up people against one class of firearms. They were allowed to Ban the autoknives and add rules to what a SNS was.

Then came the Kennedy murders. They only wanted to Ban the use of rifle scopes, mail order firearms, military weapons owned by civilians. All this was cover as no one to this day knows who or what killed JFK. The Dems locked the records up for 100 years but called for gun control. We lost mail order rights but kept the military rifles and scopes. Now they have coined the term Assault weapons. Yes, we were getting better at fighting the gun wars.

We have with stood many assaults and lost a few battles but have won the wars. There are more states with CCW then ever in history and the SCOTUS has come down on our side more times than not. Do not falter as the attacks begin stand to our defense. Write the letters get involved pay you NRA dues and join the battle. We will not win by hording magazines and Ar15s.
That's good but how are we going to stop a crazy psychopath from walking into a school and mowing down an entire class of 6 year olds?
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-17-2012, 03:45 AM   #102

Liked 5012 Times on 2430 Posts
Likes Given: 1601

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
That's good but how are we going to stop a crazy psychopath from walking into a school and mowing down an entire class of 6 year olds?
You force others to think rather than follow. This may take abrupt tactics an a bit of shock value. I spoke to my neighbor about the CT shootings yesterday. He stated how he cried for an hour and was at a complete loss as to "what to do".

He was quite shocked when I told him that if I lived in that town the first thing I would do is attend the funerals of every teacher who died and publically PISS on there graves. Yeah, you read that right.

Second, I would walk into that school the first day it reopens and punch every surviving teacher in the beak...men and women both...and as they sat there on the floor choking on there own blood I would tell that the class that this is what happens to adults who FAIL to protect there charges.

Teachers union will strike at the drop of a hat for any perceived cut to pay or benefits yet they do nothing to ensure teachers are empowered to protect the kids. They do nothing because teachers do not demand it of them.

The teachers of Sandy Hook are not guilty of murder but they are sure as hell guilty of negligence.

The public NEEDS someone to villify and what makes more sence? The honest gun owner who's never hurt a soul or the career teacher who has seen classroom after classroom targeted by mass killers yet DID NOTHING to prepare?

Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing hero stories about educators who FAILED once again to protect out kids. I trully hope the teachers who survived this live with horrendous guilt the remainder of there days...unfortunately, I doubt most of them posses the common sence to recognize there failure.

Oh, I'm sorry...was that too much? To soon? To abrupt?

Would it be ok to question nothing if a school bus driver had killed this many children? What if everyone drawing a pay check from the educational system knew the bus driver had a track record of playing chicken with passing trains? Could we then get upset with the public school system? Yes?

So I ask you all...what's the difference?

Tack

Last edited by Tackleberry1; 12-17-2012 at 03:57 AM.
People Like This 
Old 12-17-2012, 03:52 AM   #103

Liked 4795 Times on 2681 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

Tack I declare you the winner of posting on this thread. It seems there are little Liberal Toads under every liliy Pad. Why they are even on shootin forums I don't know? It is amazing how they join the Brady Campaign in blaming firearms for these crimes. I smell Teachers Union all over these post

Old 12-17-2012, 04:14 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitestalker View Post
Tack I declare you the winner of posting on this thread. It seems there are little Liberal Toads under every liliy Pad. Why they are even on shootin forums I don't know? It is amazing how they join the Brady Campaign in blaming firearms for these crimes. I smell Teachers Union all over these post
I hear you...gotta be there youth. I used to think that quiet an sensible was the way to go as well. It got us the 1994 Crime Bill. Those of us who've lived through a few of these battles have learned the lessons and know the score.

Tack
nitestalker Likes This 
Old 12-17-2012, 04:28 AM   #105

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Well I just got in and I laid out all my guns and had a stern talking to them. I said, 'no gun!!!' And 'that's a bad gun!'
My sig sat there, saying nothing! So I smacked it, clean off the bed.
I doubt any of my guns will try any crap like that after tonight.
Spare the rod and all...
Old 12-17-2012, 04:38 AM   #106
Lifetime Supporting Member
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 9081 Times on 5276 Posts
Likes Given: 11970

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Well I just got in and I laid out all my guns and had a stern talking to them. I said, 'no gun!!!' And 'that's a bad gun!'
Spare the rod and all...
Dude, seriously, you talk to your guns? That is like some kind of crazy ass $hit.

(personally I communicate telepathically with my guns. Much more effective.)

Old 12-17-2012, 04:40 AM   #107

Liked 4690 Times on 2336 Posts
Likes Given: 1108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikingdad

Dude, seriously, you talk to your guns? That is like some kind of crazy ass $hit.

(personally I communicate telepathically with my guns. Much more effective.)
Dude! I'm scared! Every time I turn on the news, its like these guns just run out and ND all over the place! I really hope a stern talking to keeps them in line.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:21 AM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
You force others to think rather than follow. This may take abrupt tactics an a bit of shock value. I spoke to my neighbor about the CT shootings yesterday. He stated how he cried for an hour and was at a complete loss as to "what to do".

He was quite shocked when I told him that if I lived in that town the first thing I would do is attend the funerals of every teacher who died and publically PISS on there graves. Yeah, you read that right.

Second, I would walk into that school the first day it reopens and punch every surviving teacher in the beak...men and women both...and as they sat there on the floor choking on there own blood I would tell that the class that this is what happens to adults who FAIL to protect there charges.

Teachers union will strike at the drop of a hat for any perceived cut to pay or benefits yet they do nothing to ensure teachers are empowered to protect the kids. They do nothing because teachers do not demand it of them.

The teachers of Sandy Hook are not guilty of murder but they are sure as hell guilty of negligence.

The public NEEDS someone to villify and what makes more sence? The honest gun owner who's never hurt a soul or the career teacher who has seen classroom after classroom targeted by mass killers yet DID NOTHING to prepare?

Personally I'm sick and tired of hearing hero stories about educators who FAILED once again to protect out kids. I trully hope the teachers who survived this live with horrendous guilt the remainder of there days...unfortunately, I doubt most of them posses the common sence to recognize there failure.

Oh, I'm sorry...was that too much? To soon? To abrupt?

Would it be ok to question nothing if a school bus driver had killed this many children? What if everyone drawing a pay check from the educational system knew the bus driver had a track record of playing chicken with passing trains? Could we then get upset with the public school system? Yes?

So I ask you all...what's the difference?

Tack
Na, not too soon for me, I get your point loud and clear but I don't think it'll happen, I've spoken many times about a fast track for vets to teach, once they get into the class room, allow them to conceal a firearm if they so choose, I'd bet most would, I would. My boys second grade teacher? Mrs. Fritz, I don't think so... unfortunately.
The police cannot protect the citizen at this stage of our development, and they cannot even protect themselves in many cases. It is up to the private citizen to protect himself and his family, and this is not only acceptable, but mandatory. - Col. Jeff Cooper.

Old 12-17-2012, 05:23 AM   #109

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
Spare the rod and all...

Old 12-17-2012, 04:18 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiebelhaus View Post
Na, not too soon for me, I get your point loud and clear but I don't think it'll happen, I've spoken many times about a fast track for vets to teach, once they get into the class room, allow them to conceal a firearm if they so choose, I'd bet most would, I would. My boys second grade teacher? Mrs. Fritz, I don't think so... unfortunately.
Perhaps not the Mrs. Fritz types but thinking back through my
Primary school days there were always at least a half dozen men on the Pys Ed side, coaches, Ect, who were in the building everyday and who I would not hesitate to trust with a firearm.

I completely agree with the notion of fast tracking vets and allowing them to carry while teaching. Pretty sure we do something similar with the current Air Marshal program by using LEO retirees.

My bigger point is that while these are good ideas, waiting for permission by anyone currently in a classroom is CRIMINAL NEGLIGENCE!

Tack