Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle" - Page 10
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another mass shooting, another lunatic wielding an "assault rifle"

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-13-2012, 03:46 PM   #91
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3858 Times on 1863 Posts
Likes Given: 701

I wonder where everyone keeps getting this magical body armor. Every person I've seen shot with body armor dropped and was incapacitated for a few moments.
I've never been shot with body armor on, but people who have equate it to being hit in the body by a ball peen hammer, full force.

The LA shoot out aside. Those guys made their own armor and from what I heard, that stuff was real heavy duty stuff.

The tragedy here is people discussing defending themselves from an active shooter wearing armor, expecting to be the only person shooting back.
If some scumbag walks into a place and starts shooting, there should be an overwhelming response.
I think it's sad when someone walks into a theater and opens fire, and out of a crowded room, there isn't at least 10 people shooting back.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 12-13-2012, 04:50 PM   #92
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 8255 Times on 4768 Posts
Likes Given: 10668

Who is to say that had the guy not had access to the rifle he would not have used his car? Crash your car through the doors of th elocal mall and drive it down the hallways until the bodies pile up too high to continue and the end result is the same, except no gun is used and the guy probably walks away at the end. Might find out what his motives were then (not that it is that important) and it would not surprise me a bit to find the guy was schizophrenic. Very, very common in men of his age. Same with the Aurora and Tucson shooters.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:01 PM   #93
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mosin View Post
I wonder where everyone keeps getting this magical body armor. Every person I've seen shot with body armor dropped and was incapacitated for a few moments.
I've never been shot with body armor on, but people who have equate it to being hit in the body by a ball peen hammer, full force.

The LA shoot out aside. Those guys made their own armor and from what I heard, that stuff was real heavy duty stuff.

The tragedy here is people discussing defending themselves from an active shooter wearing armor, expecting to be the only person shooting back.
If some scumbag walks into a place and starts shooting, there should be an overwhelming response.
I think it's sad when someone walks into a theater and opens fire, and out of a crowded room, there isn't at least 10 people shooting back.
I like what you said at the end... The problem is that a lot of public places are gun free now.

Old 12-13-2012, 07:38 PM   #94

Liked 116 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 115

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I like what you said at the end... The problem is that a lot of public places are gun free now.
If I owned a business there would be a nice sign at the entrance. Legal concealed weapons carriers welcome.

Thank you,

Signed
Legally concealed weapon carrying owner
Old 12-13-2012, 07:39 PM   #95
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1877 Times on 1085 Posts
Likes Given: 3878

I am going to toss this out:

Clackamas Town Center shooting: Police, mall workers trained earlier this year for shooting scenario

http://www.oregonlive.com/clackamascounty/index.ssf/2012/12/clackamas_town_center_shooting_31.html

Old 12-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #96

Liked 749 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 586

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillersfan View Post
He probably was scary looking ...
I guess I'll have to accept that...running around in a mall with an AK and firing is scary enough...no need for the added costume effect.

The comments made herein are those solely of this writer and in no way reflect the opinions of any other person, agency, or entity.

Old 12-13-2012, 09:36 PM   #97
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gone_South View Post

If I owned a business there would be a nice sign at the entrance. Legal concealed weapons carriers welcome.

Thank you,

Signed
Legally concealed weapon carrying owner
I would do the same

Old 12-16-2012, 08:37 PM   #98

Liked 143 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 766

main stream liberal media missed this....http://youtu.be/58p1X-yOWy8

Old 12-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #99

Liked 4790 Times on 2679 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

In the late 1950s it was the gang problem. The Dems only wanted to Ban switch blade knives and cheap handguns. They coined the word Saturday Nite Special to stir up people against one class of firearms. They were allowed to Ban the autoknives and add rules to what a SNS was.

Then came the Kennedy murders. They only wanted to Ban the use of rifle scopes, mail order firearms, military weapons owned by civilians. All this was cover as no one to this day knows who or what killed JFK. The Dems locked the records up for 100 years but called for gun control. We lost mail order rights but kept the military rifles and scopes. Now they have coined the term Assault weapons. Yes, we were getting better at fighting the gun wars.

We have with stood many assaults and lost a few battles but have won the wars. There are more states with CCW then ever in history and the SCOTUS has come down on our side more times than not. Do not falter as the attacks begin stand to our defense. Write the letters get involved pay you NRA dues and join the battle. We will not win by hording magazines and Ar15s.

Old 12-17-2012, 01:42 AM   #100

Liked 87 Times on 66 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Fox News ran a live report last night and the local LEOs did not identify the weapon used, but the local news reporters claimed that it was an AR-15, was the weapon actually identified?

A caviat to Sonic82's question is "Why did he do it?"
Sky news reported that the mayor stated that it was a bushmaster ar 15