Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2013, 05:27 AM   #41
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 188 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 303

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog2000tj View Post
what I pointed out ... day 1 when the Journal news posted that information ... was that they were including residences outside the boundaries of Rockland and Westchester Counties. So though it may have been public record and legal for the Journal News to print such information, it may actually have been a criminal act to post the information of pistol permit holders living in NJ, DE, VA, MA, PA, CT and MA

and lets not forget that the public records included LE and Military members as well

Public record or not they posted that information and are most certainly accomplices to any criminal activity as a result of their actions!
Understandable. I heard of this event from a buddy on the shooting team at school who lives in Westchester. He probably just didn't have the whole story.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:34 AM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsmoke11 View Post
Being a fellow NY resident of yours has me very concerned regarding my gun rights. The politicians crossed the line due to their confidence that many in this state would agree with them. From what you've written and being on this forum with that attitude tells me that I'm in bigger trouble than what I originally thought. I've called NY Senator Kemp Hannon's office in Albany twice and spoke to his secretary, who was very nice to me and personally sent me an email with a copy of the bill that passed a short time after and promissed to contact me with any other info. I did politely tell her how he screwed himself by voting for it. I've even sent Rep. Pete King, who happens to live nearby an email as well. I've signed 3 petitions against this bill. I'm also a member of the NRA since 1972 and a life member for the past 25 years. Even though they're talking about changes in the law regarding active and retired LE I believe whatever considerations that are given to us should be given to all. What have you done lately?
As to resond to your last question, I have been writing to State Assembly Members Jim Hayes, Jane Corwin, Robin Schimminger, Stephen Hawley, John Ceretto, and Senators Mark Grisanti and George Maziarz and Governor Cuomo once a day for the past three weeks. If I were to post what you wrote to me on my facebook, my friends would have no idea you were talking to me. I have literally been flooding my wall with Petitions (Fed, State, and Local) to be signed by my friends and shooting buddies, and have been attempting to show everyone the flaws and unconstitutionalities of this legislation.

Old 01-20-2013, 05:37 AM   #43

However, I also feel (to a degree) that Law Enforcement SHOULD be held to the same legislation as the average citizen. If our politicians are convinced that taking certain guns from the public makes everyone safer and reduce crime, then why do the police still need those guns? They just fail to admit that the bad guys still have them.

Old 01-20-2013, 06:55 AM   #44

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts

So when someone breaks into my house, my Doberman rips them a new a$$hole, does the bad guys family get to sue me or the media agency that reported I had guns their thug relative wanted?!?! Lol