Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 09:01 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 513 Times on 309 Posts
Likes Given: 236

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Thousands of firearm owner's were exposed. The law of averages would see to it that some of the were robbed. A lot of people who's addressed was not released were also robbed during the same time frame.

When you apply for a permit or license that is a public record, don't be surprised if it is released to the public.

I work for a government agency and everything in my records, including my rate of pay, and personnel record is available to anyone who would be interesting in looking. The only thing redacted is my SSN. I don't whine about it, I understood that going in.
Just because it was legal for them to do it doesn't make it ethical, or even smart. If you work for the govt as a maintenance man, or office worker who'd give a damn about that unless it was just you that they were interested in? We're talking guns here and a security risk for license holders as well as anyone living with them that in many cases are kids.

Correction officers working the jails were required to get a license and they as well had their names and addresses published. Some were even told by inmates that they knew where they lived now. Armored car guards have pistol licenses and could easily be targeted by those looking to commit a robbery, but you're a govt worker with nothing to worry about. Police Officers use their shield as a license, but that rag of a newspaper if they could would've published their information as well. In addition those SOB's wanted a list of what guns were owned by the license holder.

Please don't belittle these license holders and accuse them of whining. If your life's just an open book then let us know what and where your govt job is and post your name and address and phone# here for all of us to see and then tell us how these people shouldn't whine. How comfortable are you with that.

Last edited by gunsmoke11; 01-18-2013 at 11:40 PM.
People Like This 
Old 01-18-2013, 09:42 PM   #12

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

The thieves stole his gun safe. I think they knew what they were looking for.

Old 01-18-2013, 09:48 PM   #13

Liked 19 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike72 View Post
The thieves stole his gun safe. I think they knew what they were looking for.
After breaking open two other safes and not finding guns they were like "THIS HAS TO BE IT! LETS TAKE IT WITH US BOBBY!"
Old 01-18-2013, 09:51 PM   #14

Liked 2050 Times on 1072 Posts
Likes Given: 392

the newspapers' actions are not defensible. east coast liberals with a Woodward and Bernstein complex. I hope those morons just keep flyin' over me here in what they call "flyover country". I also think these burglary victims should sue the damn paper for reckless endangerment. newspapers make about 10 cents a year these days, that's probably all it would take to put them out of business.

Old 01-18-2013, 10:03 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 588 Times on 378 Posts
Likes Given: 535

I'm surprised this hasnt already happened more. I don't even understand what good they thoughy they were doing . The only reason they even had a list to create a map from, is that they were all law abiding citizens. Doing some good would have been posting a map of were all the illegal firearms charges show up in the city. At least people would know what neighborhoods to avoid if they're visiting.

I don't care if what they did was legal. It was a douche bag move for no good reason other than being a douche.

I hope it can be proven the burglary was a result of the map. If it comes out, I'd push for 300,000 counts (addresses posted) of reckless endangerment.

"You can have it fast, cheap and accurate...pick any two."~Me

"Educate and Inform the whole mass of the people. Enable them to see that it is their interest to preserve peace and order, and they will preserve them." ~Thomas Jefferson
People Like This 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:42 PM   #16

Liked 4531 Times on 2256 Posts
Likes Given: 1020

The newspaper is salivating.... Hoping that someone uses these guns to murder another classroom full of children. They only care about taking guns from Americans, and they don't care what the cost is...
Am I being too rash???... Why else did they publish the map?... As a roadmap for criminals to get weapons they couldn't get otherwise.

Arbitrary enforcement of the law is the mark of tyranny. Citizens will always fight against it.

dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 10:51 PM   #17
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 625 Times on 476 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

This is ridiculous, they should sue the news paper

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 11:01 PM   #18

Liked 1652 Times on 986 Posts
Likes Given: 361

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
So you agree with a newspaper with an antigun agenda publishing the names, and addresses of innocent gun owners without any reason other than to punish them for simply exercising their God given right? Do you think that is right? If not, why are you trying to defend them? It's not hard to believe a criminal who wanted to steal guns would use their map. There's a good chance that is what happened.
No Tex, I do not agree with what they did. It was a mean and nasty attack
intended to bring discomfort to the gun owners. I will however, defend their right to compile and publish any public record. The press misuses their powers at times and it is a shame, but if we limited their ability to publish we would be far worse off.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #19

Liked 516 Times on 284 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
Thousands of firearm owner's were exposed. The law of averages would see to it that some of the were robbed. A lot of people who's addressed was not released were also robbed during the same time frame.

When you apply for a permit or license that is a public record, don't be surprised if it is released to the public.

I work for a government agency and everything in my records, including my rate of pay, and personnel record is available to anyone who would be interesting in looking. The only thing redacted is my SSN. I don't whine about it, I understood that going in.
It's not public record here in Connecticut.

Old 01-18-2013, 11:18 PM   #20
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
No Tex, I do not agree with what they did. It was a mean and nasty attack
intended to bring discomfort to the gun owners. I will however, defend their right to compile and publish any public record. The press misuses their powers at times and it is a shame, but if we limited their ability to publish we would be far worse off.
It shouldn't be public record The fact that they even require any of that info is completely unconstitutional, so the media doesn't have a right to do that. Shall not be infringed means shall not be infringed.

You mean like how they are trying to limit our right to bear arms? The limiting of a right is a double edged sword. If you can limit the 2nd amendment, then you can limit the 1st, 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, ect.