Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 06:23 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Default Another gun owner targeted by the media is robbed

For the second time, a law-abiding gun owner whose name and address were published by the anti-gun crusaders at the New York Journal News has been robbed, and this time firearms were stolen. From a New York Newsday report: http://newyork.newsday.com/news/nation/journal-news-map-listed-guns-permits-stolen-from-new-city-home-cops-say-1.4463741

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-18-2013, 06:36 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Yeah, I just read that.

Nothing to see here, move along.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Last edited by CA357; 01-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.

Old 01-18-2013, 06:37 PM   #3

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

I'm positive I already know the answer to this and not that it really matters, but has anyone associated with this publication ever at least apologized for what they did? It would surprise me to no end if they did, but this was beyond stupid and irresponsible! In all thats ironic, I recently read the Journal News has since reportedly hired armed guards to protect its own staff...

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Last edited by MoreAltitude; 01-18-2013 at 06:41 PM.
CA357 Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 06:41 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1175 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Not only have they not apologized, they plan to out more gun owners.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams
dog2000tj Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:06 PM   #5

Liked 322 Times on 215 Posts
Likes Given: 29

"The homeowner should strike a deal with the perp to drop all charges in exchange for his testimony that he used the Journal News release as a treasure map. This rag and Gannett need to go down."

I like this response.

People Like This 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:20 PM   #6

Liked 1594 Times on 955 Posts
Likes Given: 358

Thousands of firearm owner's were exposed. The law of averages would see to it that some of the were robbed. A lot of people who's addressed was not released were also robbed during the same time frame.

When you apply for a permit or license that is a public record, don't be surprised if it is released to the public.

I work for a government agency and everything in my records, including my rate of pay, and personnel record is available to anyone who would be interesting in looking. The only thing redacted is my SSN. I don't whine about it, I understood that going in.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-18-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6576 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Thousands of firearm owner's were exposed. The law of averages would see to it that some of the were robbed. A lot of people who's addressed was not released were also robbed during the same time frame.

When you apply for a permit or license that is a public record, don't be surprised if it is released to the public.

I work for a government agency and everything in my records, including my rate of pay, and personnel record is available to anyone who would be interesting in looking. The only thing redacted is my SSN. I don't whine about it, I understood that going in.
So you agree with a newspaper with an antigun agenda publishing the names, and addresses of innocent gun owners without any reason other than to punish them for simply exercising their God given right? Do you think that is right? If not, why are you trying to defend them? It's not hard to believe a criminal who wanted to steal guns would use their map. There's a good chance that is what happened.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:46 PM   #8

Liked 159 Times on 96 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

I understand that, but taking public data and then compiling everyone's gun ownership status (no small task), formatting that into an interactive map, then releasing the whole thing is another thing entirely. It's intent was born solely out of malice and contempt for people they don't agree with.

The United States Constitution © 1791. All Rights Reserved

Solon Likes This 
Old 01-18-2013, 08:48 PM   #9

Liked 282 Times on 204 Posts
Likes Given: 192

Agreed. Nothing good could have come out of that public posting.

Old 01-18-2013, 08:54 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2017 Times on 1385 Posts
Likes Given: 766

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoreAltitude View Post
I understand that, but taking public data and then compiling everyone's gun ownership status (no small task), formatting that into an interactive map, then releasing the whole thing is another thing entirely. It's intent was born solely out of malice and contempt for people they don't agree with.
Either what MoreAltitude said or they have one hell of an advertising contract with alarm companies and gun safe retailers. Really, people should invest in a locker if nothing else. At least the thief will have to work to get your guns. Most thieves are to lazy to own tools or they would go to work.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato