Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > another death

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2012, 10:38 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 11 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
The mess in the White House could have been avoided if more people weren't such dumba***s and if more than 37% of voting age Americans actually voted.
We agree 100% on numbnuts who resides in DC. And most, if not all firearms accidents can be avoided. I've just seen too many things happen in life to say never. Absolutes are rare in nature and rarer yet when humans are involved. Unless one was to just sit on the couch and check out of life. Knowing my luck, a friggin airliner would land on my house.

Last edited by NativH; 06-21-2012 at 10:42 AM.
gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 06-21-2012, 11:12 AM   #32
+ TRES VERBO DICTUM +
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1611 Times on 841 Posts
Likes Given: 1302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
A similar thing happened where I live last year. . . . I do not believe in accidental discharges.
Imagine that! A firearms accident from drinking beer all day AND guns! Who wouda thunk it?!

Manslaughter absolutely.

Last edited by Vincine; 06-21-2012 at 12:31 PM.

Old 06-21-2012, 03:21 PM   #33
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1815 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2

You should NEVER point any firearm at another person even if you think you're positive that it is not loaded.

Old 06-21-2012, 07:33 PM   #34

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 240

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
They say "Hindsight has 20/20 vision."

I daresay you, sir, have had an accident, or two, in your life.

One can only thank heaven it was not so disastrous and life-changing

as this one...
Nowhere have I denied that I have had an accident or two. In fact, I have even stated I have.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Old 06-21-2012, 09:16 PM   #35

Liked 2202 Times on 994 Posts
Likes Given: 2135

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlockRenegade View Post
An accident is when 1 or more people are not paying 100% attention to what you are doing. Spilt milk is cause you werent paying 100% attention the whole time. Car accidents take at least 2 drivers not paying 100% attention. Even if your paying 99%, its not enough.

Have to disagree with this. You are sitting in traffic waiting for the light and someone rear ends you how is that your fault for not paying attention.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:23 PM   #36

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
A similar thing happened where I live last year.

A college kid, who had been drinking beer all day, was showing off his new light on his AR to his girlfriend. He had the damn thing pointed at her chest, his finger on the trigger, it was cocked, chambered, and it did go off. Her twin sister was also in the room to watch sis die. That was not an accident.

He was convicted of manslaughter and is going to prison. That is the way it should be. If you can't respect firearms, then you shouldn't own them or handle them. If your stupidity causes someone to lose their life, you should forfeit your life.

I do not believe in accidental discharges.

I can see a malfunction of the weapon being a AD outside of that I call them ND.

A friend shot himself in the leg while unloading his S&W Sigma, 3 holes in and 3 holes out. Fortunately he didn't hit anything vital or bone just muscle tissue. He calls it an AD, I asked if he dropped the gun, or if it discharged with out his finger being on the trigger? He admitted that he was pulling the trigger before taking the slide off to clean the gun, forgetting the one in the pipe.

This was a huge eye opener for me and my family as we saw the damage caused by one careless act first hand. One can never be too careful while handling a gun, some get too comfortable and get sloppy with the safety rules. I know one fellow who will think twice before sweeping someone with a gun again as he has a crooked nose to remind him.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #37
No Longer a NY Resident.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1488 Times on 912 Posts
Likes Given: 7328

Some of you on here have read my other posts, and already know my veiws on firearms safety. Those with questions can read some of my older posts if background is deemed necessary.

During my senior year of high school, one of my best friends was shot and killed by another friend. It was a ND, not an AD. He made the same mistakes as th husband in this case did. Unfamiliar weapon, lack of muzzle awareness, finger on the trigger, and he ASSUMED thje shotgun was unloaded (pistol in the case of my friend). He will now have to live with this for the rest of his life, as will his family. Do I think he deserves jail time? No. Do I think he will have to relive this nightmare, as will the boys who were in the rom and his kids, for the rest of his life,and deal with the social ramifications of his actions for just as long? I don't think he will, I know that he will. This could have been easily prevented if he had remebered rule #1 of firearms safety: Treat every gun as if it were loaded. No exceptions, no excuses.

My prayers and thoughts are with him and his loved ones in their time of loss, and yes, this incident both saddens me and p!$$es me off.

Is it better to do the right thing for the wrong reason, or to do the wrong thing for the right reason? If you do the wrong thing for the right reason, is it still the wrong thing?

Si vis pacem parabellum.

To those who wish to take away our Second Amendment rights. What will you do when we, all 100,000,000 of us, stand as one, and say no?

Old 06-23-2012, 07:32 PM   #38

Incidents like this give guns and gun owners a bad name. There is an old saying that goes, if you play like a man, you pay like a man. Yes, this idiot needs to go to jail for a long time at a bare minimum.
cottontop

Old 06-23-2012, 11:00 PM   #39

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Also just think how the other people who were there think. The neighbor, the boy, living the rest of his life after seeing a woman shotgunned point blank. Rough for everyone. But its reasons like this safety classes tell you to make sure the firearm is unloaded, and triple check it before handling it. Sucks.

Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 AM   #40

Liked 2440 Times on 1389 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
The mess in the White House could have been avoided if more people weren't such dumba***s and if more than 37% of voting age Americans actually voted.
Yes, 129 Million voted in 2008, total, from both parties.

IF all 140 Million-plus gun owners voted by write-ins for

The leaders of the NRA, we could put both numbnuts and

Romney out of a job in November...