another death - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > another death

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-20-2012, 03:09 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 164 Times on 116 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
EVERY accident can be avoided.
This accident yes, every accident no way. Have you ever been in a traffic accident that was not your fault? Ever been to a ball game and get hit by a foul ball? Ever spill a glass of milk? Yes things happen, this is just worst type of accident/negligence one can experience IMHO.

This family needs a lot of prayers for the days to come.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-20-2012, 03:14 PM   #22

Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Quote:
Originally Posted by levelcross

This accident yes, every accident no way. Have you ever been in a traffic accident that was not your fault? Ever been to a ball game and get hit by a foul ball? Ever spill a glass of milk? Yes things happen, this is just worst type of accident/negligence one can experience IMHO.

I think he is talking about firearm accidents! The guy did a stupid thing and he is paying for it in the worst way. Prayers aren't going to help this!!

Old 06-20-2012, 05:14 PM   #23

Liked 57 Times on 51 Posts
Likes Given: 2

This is terrible, just makes me mad/sad at the same time. Just terrible....

Old 06-20-2012, 08:25 PM   #24

Liked 46 Times on 31 Posts
Likes Given: 246

Quote:
Originally Posted by NativH View Post
With 20/20 hindsight. Never had an accident in your life? Really? Not trying to be a smart*ss but "you know what" does happen and it isn't always us who cause it. You can mostly control your own life but outside entities can always get you when you least expect it. Just take a look at what resides in the White House for a perfect example.
Think about it. I'm not I have never had an accident in my life. I have had plenty. But yes, every mistake I have made COULD have been avoided. Not saying that one individual can avoid every accident because of the outside variables like you mentioned. Say you've been in a car accident that's not your fault. It could have been avoided if the driver at fault wouldn't have made whatever mistake they did. But you didn't have any control over them. The mess in the White House could have been avoided if more people weren't such dumba***s and if more than 37% of voting age Americans actually voted.

Not saying every accident will be avoided. Just that they technically can. But they never will. Because we are all human, and we all have, can and will make mistakes.

Woe to those who make unjust laws and to those who issue oppressive decrees. -Isaiah 10:1

Blaming guns for death is like blaming forks for obesity

Last edited by gmaster456; 06-20-2012 at 08:28 PM.

Old 06-20-2012, 08:58 PM   #25

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:

Every gun accident...yes. Thats not to say they will be, but they could be.

Even a car accident which is not your fault involves neglegence by the other person (failed to yield, didnt stop at the sign, didnt look before lane change, etc.).

Saying accident implies it was not intentional and by that deffenition I am fine, but negligence compels one to accept why what happened happened.

Hope that makes sense lol.

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

gmaster456 Likes This 
Old 06-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #26

Liked 44 Times on 32 Posts
Likes Given: 1

personally I think gun safety should be taught in school and a lot of these accidents could be avoided. MY dad did not teach me gun safety when i was a young kid but thank god my grandfather was a safety instructer cause he taught me the basics of gun safety at a young age. I think he just wanted me to clean all his guns all the time

Old 06-20-2012, 11:12 PM   #27

Liked 55 Times on 52 Posts

Quote:

An accident is when 1 or more people are not paying 100% attention to what you are doing. Spilt milk is cause you werent paying 100% attention the whole time. Car accidents take at least 2 drivers not paying 100% attention. Even if your paying 99%, its not enough.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:22 PM   #28

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

A similar thing happened where I live last year.

A college kid, who had been drinking beer all day, was showing off his new light on his AR to his girlfriend. He had the damn thing pointed at her chest, his finger on the trigger, it was cocked, chambered, and it did go off. Her twin sister was also in the room to watch sis die. That was not an accident.

He was convicted of manslaughter and is going to prison. That is the way it should be. If you can't respect firearms, then you shouldn't own them or handle them. If your stupidity causes someone to lose their life, you should forfeit your life.

I do not believe in accidental discharges.

Old 06-20-2012, 11:30 PM   #29

Liked 1102 Times on 677 Posts
Likes Given: 2389

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire
A similar thing happened where I live last year.

A college kid, who had been drinking beer all day, was showing off his new light on his AR to his girlfriend. He had the damn thing pointed at her chest, his finger on the trigger, it was cocked, chambered, and it did go off. Her twin sister was also in the room to watch sis die. That was not an accident.

He was convicted of manslaughter and is going to prison. That is the way it should be. If you can't respect firearms, then you shouldn't own them or handle them. If your stupidity causes someone to lose their life, you should forfeit your life.

I do not believe in accidental discharges.
Mens Rea: As an element of criminal responsibility, a guilty mind; a guilty or wrongful purpose; a criminal intent. Guilty knowledge and wilfulness.

A fundamental principle of Criminal Law is that a crime consists of both a mental and a physical element. Mens rea, a person's awareness of the fact that his or her conduct is criminal, is the mental element, and actus reus, the act itself, is the physical element.

http://legal-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/_/dict.aspx?word=mens+rea

Yea...our justice system isnt jacked up. The reason the college kid when bye bye is because he was drinking. It changes the scenario completely and indeed I would say he should have been found guilty...

“Let it not be said that no one cared, that no one objected once it’s realized that our liberties and wealth are in jeopardy.”
---Ron Paul

"He who passively accepts evil is as much involved in it as he who helps to perpetuate it."
---Dr. Martin Luther King

"If you think we are free today, you know nothing about tyranny and even less about freedom."
---Tom Braun

Old 06-21-2012, 07:02 AM   #30

Liked 2545 Times on 1452 Posts
Likes Given: 1977

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmaster456 View Post
EVERY accident can be avoided.
They say "Hindsight has 20/20 vision."

I daresay you, sir, have had an accident, or two, in your life.

One can only thank heaven it was not so disastrous and life-changing

as this one...