another death
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > another death

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2012, 05:52 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 182 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 184

Angry another death

http://www.wave3.com/story/18820162/shot-gun-goes-off-in-home-wife-dies-husband-arrested

THIS IS WHY THERE ARE SAFETY STEPS!
This is tragic and this guy will have to live with this for the rest of his life, but if he had taken the time to check his weapon like your suppose to, to make sure where the barrel of his weapon was pointed, none of this would have ever happened. But because of his stupidity someone is dead, I know this BS happens every year but it pisses me off!

"come on you sons of b***hs! do you want to live forever?" Sergeant Daniel Daly, USMC, Belleau Wood France June 6th 1918

"You can be as mad as a mad dog at the way things went. You could swear, curse the fates, but when it comes to the end, you have to let go" Benjamin Button

BE PREPARED

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-19-2012, 06:15 PM   #2

Liked 2493 Times on 1422 Posts
Likes Given: 1945

It's kind of like "Just say no." to drugs.

Just unload it. Every time. Do it till it's a task

committed to muscle memory. It should be second nature.

Always assume a gun is loaded. Then unload it.

Every time you pick it up...

Old 06-19-2012, 06:44 PM   #3

Liked 259 Times on 179 Posts
Likes Given: 366

Poor guy , I'm sure he didnt mean to kill his wife . :/

Last edited by Gh0zt36; 06-19-2012 at 06:46 PM.

Old 06-19-2012, 06:55 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2829 Times on 1405 Posts
Likes Given: 292

Quote:
Indiana State Police say 31-year-old John Henry Rutherford was showing off a new shotgun to neighborhood boys inside his house when he pulled the trigger. It is unclear why that happened, but the gun was loaded and his wife, Jody Rutherford, who was in the same room was hit. She was pronounced dead at the scene. The dad of three was arrested and charged with reckless homicide.
Unbelievable.
NRA Life Member

"We've replaced what was an exceptional country with a tolerant country. " Greg Gutfeld

Old 06-19-2012, 07:05 PM   #5

Liked 2389 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 51

Damn. Safety always I hate seeing this in the news.

Oh dern....

Revelation 19:11

And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:13 PM   #6

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Such a shame, such a waste, I can't imagine having to go thru life knowing what I had done.

Safety, Safety, SAFETY....

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:16 PM   #7
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2558 Times on 1250 Posts
Likes Given: 1286

I feel sorry for the guy! It seems to truly be a "STUPID" accident. Sometimes it never ceases to amaze me that weapon owners have very little skills when it comes to gun handling. We can become very complacent sometimes because of the commonality of handling weapons. I too have shown some of my weapons that I normally keep loaded at the house all the time. But if so I never unload them in the same room or even area where the other folks are. If they are in the living room and the weapon is close I always take it somewhere else to handle the weapon for unloading. And remember the trigger finger is the best safety we have. NEVER NEVER in the trigger guard or trigger area unless we are ready to fire the weapon or have inspected it more than once physically and visually. But even then muzzle control in a safe direction. My Heart goes out to the guy! I can only imagine the ramifications psychologically as well as with the children and living with that one second of his life for the rest of his life. I am sure he would gladly trade places in his mind and can not believe what happened! Someone lost their Momma also! And their Dad as they knew him. He will never be the same!
God Bless him and the family! Safety! Safety! Safety! All of us have been a little careless on occasion truth known!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-19-2012, 07:29 PM   #8

Liked 42 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 1

It's a shame when someone else has to die because of your stupidity . Is it really that hard to keep the barrel pointed in a safe direction and hit the slide release and inspect the chamber and tubular magazine to see if there are any shells in a pump shotgun. If this idiot had just had the common sense to point the barrel in a safe direction his wife would still be alive. This pisses me off. Adults should know better . There is no excuse for this there is so much information out there on gun safety available everywhere. I agree with the charges that were filed against him.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:36 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 757 Times on 449 Posts
Likes Given: 477

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overkill0084 View Post
Unbelievable.
Whoa, what the hell? This is what happens when 'familiarity' with doing things suddenly go awry. One must approach the trigger as if it is the first time they came near one. But the lost of a wife, the tragic upset in the kid's lives, and face with prison is much too much to punish one who is already punished for life.

Old 06-19-2012, 07:44 PM   #10

Liked 1839 Times on 1025 Posts
Likes Given: 1214

Quote:
Originally Posted by PanBaccha View Post
Whoa, what the hell? This is what happens when 'familiarity' with doing things suddenly go awry. One must approach the trigger as if it is the first time they came near one. But the lost of a wife, the tragic upset in the kid's lives, and face with prison is much too much to punish one who is already punished for life.
I agree. Yes it was negligent. But it was still an accident. Right?

Romans 1:16 I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile.