This is another blow to gun rights - Page 3

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is another blow to gun rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 10:56 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright

OTOH, trudging up to a convenience store/gas station with your rifle after you've become lost/injured, or suffered a breakdown in transport would evoke the same response. Would you leave your high-end varmiter unsecured in your vehicle as you trudged to get gas or help ? >MW
Well, I guess there are exceptions to every situation, but to be the group of douche bags that go waltzing into stores to PROVE a point is a senseless act that ruins things for everyone! CASE IN POINT. I guess trying to prove a point by exercising your 2 nd amendment right unnecessarily didn't work out to well did it? I guess we have you to thank uh??

Old 05-05-2012, 12:50 AM   #22

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTap

Well, I guess there are exceptions to every situation, but to be the group of douche bags that go waltzing into stores to PROVE a point is a senseless act that ruins things for everyone! CASE IN POINT. I guess trying to prove a point by exercising your 2 nd amendment right unnecessarily didn't work out to well did it? I guess we have you to thank uh??
That's not necessarily true but some these people that think the common person can't carry a gun lives in a dream world and has to get used to everyone able to carry

Old 05-05-2012, 02:35 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcowboy

That's not necessarily true but some these people that think the common person can't carry a gun lives in a dream world and has to get used to everyone able to carry
Not sure what you mean, but whatever it is you are entitled to it.

Old 05-05-2012, 07:21 AM   #24

Liked 2525 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2428

"I guess trying to prove a point by exercising your 2 nd amendment right unnecessarily"

What would you consider necessary?

Old 05-05-2012, 07:55 AM   #25

Liked 112 Times on 78 Posts
Likes Given: 85

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTap View Post
Going into Starbucks to order a double frap no whip late grande with a Remington 700 at your side is not the smartest move for gun rights!
Why not? Starbucks doesn't care.

They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Terry V Ohio Commentary

Old 05-05-2012, 01:36 PM   #26

Liked 108 Times on 81 Posts
Likes Given: 138

Quote:
Originally Posted by Millwright View Post
OTOH, trudging up to a convenience store/gas station with your rifle after you've become lost/injured, or suffered a breakdown in transport would evoke the same response. Would you leave your high-end varmiter unsecured in your vehicle as you trudged to get gas or help ? >MW
No, I'd sling in crossways butt up with the bolt in my pocket. and try and find the least alarming way to get whatever help I needed. But since I live in AR, my legally carried fully loaded handgun would be hid on me.

Old 05-05-2012, 03:22 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
"I guess trying to prove a point by exercising your 2 nd amendment right unnecessarily"

What would you consider necessary?
I exercise my 2nd amendment right necessarily every day. Don't you?

Old 05-05-2012, 05:06 PM   #28

Liked 2525 Times on 1135 Posts
Likes Given: 2428

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTap View Post
I exercise my 2nd amendment right necessarily every day. Don't you?

Yes I do and I think everyone else has right to do it the way they see fit. Not everybody has to do things your way. If a guy wants to carry a long gun on his back or a mouse gun in his pocket it's his business not yours or mine. Who are we to tell him what kind of gun he can carry? Why does this keep coming up on this forum? Maybe the guy sucks with a handgun. A lot of you guys seem to have a problem with "Shall not be infringed".

Old 05-05-2012, 06:09 PM   #29

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I don't have a problem with it these pansy liberals that believe only Leo's can carry guns need to understand we can carry and will carry and I am one that believes Leo is good for trying to prevent crime and cleaning up the mess afterwards other than that its my job to protect me and my family

Old 05-05-2012, 06:45 PM   #30

Liked 62 Times on 51 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Suggesting that things only be based on need is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. I just don't understand why some of you gun owners still don't get "shall not be infringed".

Hell you don't need a 60 inch TV, you don't need air conditioning, you don't need more than one pair of shoes, you don't need a 300 hp car with power windows. We have all these things because we have rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have the right to keep and bear arms. If a man is comfy carrying his 870 12 gauge it's none of my business or anyone else's. If you want to carry a 22 that's your business. You guys should step back and listen to yourselves. According to some of you, people should only be allowed to do what you would do. "I carry a 9 mm so that's all anyone else should need." "Where does Joe get off carrying a bigger gun than me?"
Exactly, RJD.

Whether or not my firearm is visible has ZERO bearing on whether I have evil intentions as to it's use. I am a law abiding citizen, or I am not. Period. Laws are supposed to be "tools" for prosecutors to use in the course of removing CRIMINALS from society, not regulating the behavior of lawful persons. A criminal could give a rats ass whether or not he can legally openly carry a gun. Do people really think that the bank robber worries about legal transport of the AK he's about to use to rob the local credit union?

My GOSH where does this thinking come from.

If someone is afraid of a gun they see me carrying, that is their problem, not mine.