Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > This is another blow to gun rights

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2191 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Suggesting that things only be based on need is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. I just don't understand why some of you gun owners still don't get "shall not be infringed".

Hell you don't need a 60 inch TV, you don't need air conditioning, you don't need more than one pair of shoes, you don't need a 300 hp car with power windows. We have all these things because we have rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have the right to keep and bear arms. If a man is comfy carrying his 870 12 gauge it's none of my business or anyone else's. If you want to carry a 22 that's your business. You guys should step back and listen to yourselves. According to some of you, people should only be allowed to do what you would do. "I carry a 9 mm so that's all anyone else should need." "Where does Joe get off carrying a bigger gun than me?"

Old 05-04-2012, 12:37 PM   #12

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

No matter what anyone does the anti-gunners/anti-rights asses will always look for something to cry about. I don't have the time left in this world to play nice with these pricks. No pro-gun owner should play nice to the social-ist anti-gunners any more. We played nice for How Many years and what did it get us? More gun control, and once we started playing dirty we started winning.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:41 PM   #13

Liked 248 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 163

Isn't part of the reason the Founders saw fit to include gun ownership as a vital part of the country so as to insure we had a defense against tyranny? When Washington and his soldiers attacked the Hessians and defeated then they took their cannons and other things. Now these were just mere colonist, what need di they have for those wicked cannons. No doubt the British would not have wanted them to have them.

The noose is being tightened my friends. It would not bother me in the least bit if we all had access to full auto weapons and grenade launchers. But wait many gun owners feel we need to be controlled and go along with the many laws we have that limit our access to such things. I've also read post on here and other places that poke fun at those that feel we as citizens should stand up against tyranny and that we would all perish. I can only say that's being a coward and I'm glad those dear patriots didn't share many of the mindsets we see today.

Old 05-04-2012, 12:42 PM   #14

Liked 2191 Times on 990 Posts
Likes Given: 2128

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww View Post
No matter what anyone does the anti-gunners/anti-rights asses will always look for something to cry about. I don't have the time left in this world to play nice with these pricks. No pro-gun owner should play nice to the social-ist anti-gunners any more. We played nice for How Many years and what did it get us? More gun control, and once we started playing dirty we started winning.

Amen!!!!!!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:33 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 755 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 156

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim1611 View Post
The noose is being tightened my friends.
One tiny little knot at a time.

First you can't carry with one in the chamber
Then you can't carry with the magazine loaded
Then you can't carry a pistol
Then you can't carry a rifle.

Old 05-04-2012, 02:09 PM   #16

Liked 1956 Times on 1030 Posts
Likes Given: 4285

Year in and year out, news like this comes out of CA...

Year in and year out, the people of CA put the same folks in office...

WHAT THE HELL DID YOU EXPECT CALIFORNIA??????????

Proud Supporter of USA Shooting

Old 05-04-2012, 03:16 PM   #17

Liked 162 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 260

AB1527, which makes it a misdemeanor for a person to carry an unloaded long gun in a public, passed the Assembly 42-28, with Republicans opposed. It includes a long list of exemptions for hunters, military personnel and others.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/politics/31002867/detail.html#ixzz1tujLhnZ4

It's already illegal to carry a loaded weapon openly in California.

Read more: http://www.kcra.com/politics/31002867/detail.html#ixzz1tujRUVNx

Now just how/who does this Bill help??? If it was open carried it had to be unloaded anyway. Glad I am as far RIGHT of California as I can get.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 05-04-2012, 04:14 PM   #18

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Hopefully we can get all 50 a shall issue and quit being a pita about our 2nd amendment and leave us alone

Old 05-04-2012, 04:25 PM   #19

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282
Suggesting that things only be based on need is the most ridiculous argument I've ever heard. I just don't understand why some of you gun owners still don't get "shall not be infringed".

Hell you don't need a 60 inch TV, you don't need air conditioning, you don't need more than one pair of shoes, you don't need a 300 hp car with power windows. We have all these things because we have rights to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We have the right to keep and bear arms. If a man is comfy carrying his 870 12 gauge it's none of my business or anyone else's. If you want to carry a 22 that's your business. You guys should step back and listen to yourselves. According to some of you, people should only be allowed to do what you would do. "I carry a 9 mm so that's all anyone else should need." "Where does Joe get off carrying a bigger gun than me?"
You are so right why aren't we just carrying and fighting back the way it should be and telling the government like it is?

Old 05-04-2012, 10:30 PM   #20

Liked 27 Times on 17 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleTap View Post
Going into Starbucks to order a double frap no whip late grande with a Remington 700 at your side is not the smartest move for gun rights!
OTOH, trudging up to a convenience store/gas station with your rifle after you've become lost/injured, or suffered a breakdown in transport would evoke the same response. Would you leave your high-end varmiter unsecured in your vehicle as you trudged to get gas or help ? >MW