Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   This is another blow to gun rights (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/another-blow-gun-rights-63795/)

TripleTap 05-04-2012 04:06 AM

Just another BS law that Kalifornia has imposed.


Bill Would Ban Open Carry Of Rifles : http://www.kcra.com/politics/31002867/detail.html

GatorDude 05-04-2012 04:14 AM

I don't agree with carrying rifles and wearing pistols around in the open just make a political point or prove that you can. It wreaks of political intimidation in a civilized society. By all means, carry a firearm when you have a bona fide need. If you need to carry a rifle around in your neighborhood, it's probably time to get a realtor, put your house on the market, and get out of dodge. However, this ridiculous bill pretty much guts the second amendment. Isn't bearing arms carrying them around?

Mason609 05-04-2012 04:15 AM

My favorite part...


"I'd always hoped that people would be reasonable," he said in a telephone interview after the bill was approved. "That's why we didn't tackle long guns last year, because handguns were the problem. I've always thought you don't do a bill without a problem to be solved."

So, what "problem" needs to be "fixed" with this, and needed to be "fixed" with the previous one? Surely these are bills meant to reduce actual crime (wait, sorry, that was a brain fart, these bills were made to create more crime)...

Mason609 05-04-2012 04:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GatorDude (Post 789999)
I don't agree with carrying rifles and wearing pistols around in the open just make a political point or prove that you can. It wreaks of political intimidation in a civilized society. By all means, carry a firearm when you have a bona fide need. If you need to carry a rifle around in your neighborhood, it's probably time to get a realtor, put your house on the market, and get out of dodge. However, this ridiculous bill pretty much guts the second amendment. Isn't bearing arms carrying them around?

If one must have a "bona fide need" before one can carry a gun, then it's already too late as that person will be dead.

Now, I agree with the "there's no real need to carry a rifle, only to make a point", but saying the same about handguns? I'm guessing you've never been in a situation where you needed one...

TripleTap 05-04-2012 04:25 AM

Going into Starbucks to order a double frap no whip late grande with a Remington 700 at your side is not the smartest move for gun rights!

JonM 05-04-2012 04:27 AM

So long as a single goblin exists that is just starting to turn his life around, so long as a single occu-commie exists, so long as a single race hustling bigot like sharpeton exists, so long as liberals hold sway there is a clear and present danger that merits bearing arms.

Nothing in the constitution about need. Thats as inane as saying you dont get to vote unless there is a need for you to vote...

Mason609 05-04-2012 04:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TripleTap (Post 790013)
Going into Starbucks to order a double frap no whip late grande with a Remington 700 at your side is not the smartest move for gun rights!

No, it's not. But, then again, a lot of what people do in the name of gun rights is stupid. All they accomplish is giving the enemy more fuel for the fire.

mudpupp 05-04-2012 04:29 AM

This is actually a good thing in the long run. This will help the NRA to get California closer to a shall issue state.

At least that's what Cam at NRA news is saying.

Mason609 05-04-2012 04:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JonM (Post 790015)
So long as a single goblin exists that is just starting to turn his life around, so long as a single ocu-commie exists, so long as a single race hustling bigot like sharpeton exists, so long as liberals hold sway there is a clear and present danger that merits bearing arms.

Nothing in the constitution about need. Thats as inane as saying you dont get to vote unless there is a need for you to vote...

Exactly... (wish I knew how to make an infinity symbol... )

Mason609 05-04-2012 04:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mudpupp (Post 790020)
This is actually a good thing in the long run. This will help the NRA to get California closer to a shall issue state.

At least that's what Cam at NRA news is saying.

Or, it could backfire. Which, with all the Libs CA has, that's more likely to happen.


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:03 AM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.