Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Animal Rights Wacko's At It Again (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/animal-rights-wackos-again-59716/)

theropinfool 03-08-2012 03:42 AM

Animal Rights Wacko's At It Again

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=19499020&title=wildlife-division-seeks-answers-in-possible-wolf-sighting

Here we go again. Any chance these people get to push there agenda they take it.

Somebody thought they saw a wolf and now they want to push for a management plan. A few have been found here in the last few years, they were killing calves and sheep in Cache Valley and around Coleville. (You can google that yourselves.)

So far, without a Utah management plan, we're told we can kill them like any coyote. If we acknowledge their here, they can put them on the endangered species list, and put us in the same boat as Wyoming.

I love how these idiots can sit in their LA or NewYork offices and tell us how we need wolves killing our livestock. Our great grandfathers eradicated them for a reason.

If its legal to hunt them in Canada and Alaska, how can they be "endangered?"

:super pissed:

canebrake 03-08-2012 03:46 AM

Maybe they'll build the wolves a 3/4 million dollar soccer field. :confused:

Mason609 03-08-2012 04:00 AM

But... isn't that going against the left's push on Darwinism? Natural selection?

Oh, wait, I forgot... these people want it both ways...

Durangokid 03-08-2012 04:00 AM

You can not kill wolves in Utah with out inviting some real problems. The Wolves trapped on the LDS owned Deseret Ranch were very carefully returned to the Yellowstone. In Wyoming we have been denied the right to shoot on sight. That being said many are killed by livestock owners when they are caught killing live stock. This is legal. The arugument is the Feds agreed in the begining that once the wolves left the Yellowstone Ego. system they could be shot on sight by anyone. Now the Feds will not live up to their orginal agreement. The Fed want Wyoming to create a Wolfe hunting season like Idaho and Montana. Hell no the Fed should live up to the orginal rules.:(

theropinfool 03-08-2012 04:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Durangokid
You can not kill wolves in Utah with out inviting some real problems. The Wolves trapped on the LDS owned Deseret Ranch were very carefully returned to the Yellowstone. In Wyoming we have been denied the right to shoot on sight. That being said many are killed by livestock owners when they are caught killing live stock. This is legal. The arugument is the Feds agreed in the begining that once the wolves left the Yellowstone Ego. system they could be shot on sight by anyone. Now the Feds will not live up to their orginal agreement. The Fed want Wyoming to create a Wolfe hunting season like Idaho and Montana. Hell no the Fed should live up to the orginal rules.:(

I don't think there's enough space to start on my problems with Deseret. Last year they wanted to reintroduce some damn black potgut or some damn thing till Rich Co. shot them down on it. But ya, we can't just go kill em all, gotta be a problem, but, it helps cut the red tape. They've already killed 2 or 3 here. First pack my a$$

EDIT: Black Footed Ferrets. Not potguts.

Ledbetter84 03-08-2012 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theropinfool
http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=19499020&title=wildlife-division-seeks-answers-in-possible-wolf-sighting

Here we go again. Any chance these people get to push there agenda they take it.

Somebody thought they saw a wolf and now they want to push for a management plan. A few have been found here in the last few years, they were killing calves and sheep in Cache Valley and around Coleville. (You can google that yourselves.)

So far, without a Utah management plan, we're told we can kill them like any coyote. If we acknowledge their here, they can put them on the endangered species list, and put us in the same boat as Wyoming.

I love how these idiots can sit in their LA or NewYork offices and tell us how we need wolves killing our livestock. Our great grandfathers eradicated them for a reason.

If its legal to hunt them in Canada and Alaska, how can they be "endangered?"

:super pissed:

So if I'm reading this right, why aren't we out killing them now? I'd love to see what a 90 gn HP does to a wolf out of a 270 :)

robocop10mm 03-08-2012 05:01 AM

Oh, but EVERY species has a right to exist. Even the mass killing, raping, cannibalistic Homo Sapien!

EXCEPT the unborn human. They have no rights.

Durangokid 03-08-2012 05:31 AM

Don't misunderstand the post. In Utah you do not have the right to shoot on sight. You will land in Federal court.:(

blucoondawg 03-08-2012 06:35 AM

wolves are a pain in the ass in Northern Wisconsin too, population is way over what the idiots who reintroduced them were shooting for and claim the state will sustain, yet it seems everytime they are delisted some liberal federal judge overturns it and they go back on the Endangered list. Someone needs to explain the definition of endangered species to them, its a numbers issue, not a liberal ideology.

texaswoodworker 03-08-2012 09:07 AM

Many many years ago, there used to be wolves around Pushmataha County OK (SE Oklahoma), my Great Grandfather killed pretty much everyone he saw, everyone did. Now there is not a single wolf anywhere near this area (other then a pet that one of the LEOs in Hugo (Choctaw County) has), and we're just fine with that.
If we ever see a wolf, they would try to put them on the endangered list. That wouldn't make a bit of difference. If we saw one, we would still shoot it on sight. Remember everyone, shoot, shovel, shut up may not work very well for a BG, but it works fine for a pesky animal. :D