Is ammunition a firearm?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Is ammunition a firearm?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2012, 08:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default Is ammunition a firearm?

I was reading a post the other day about suppresors and it stated that they were indeed cinsidered firearms. It got me thinking that if they are considered firearms then is munition considered a firearm aswell and if not can they be shipped to your home. Much appreciated.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #2
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

Shipment of ammo is state based. Check your state laws or go to a site like cheaperthandirt.com and ask.

I don't need No stinking signature.

Old 06-10-2012, 08:57 PM   #3

Thanks much appreciated

Old 06-10-2012, 09:00 PM   #4
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21578 Times on 12248 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGunLover View Post
I was reading a post the other day about suppresors and it stated that they were indeed cinsidered firearms. It got me thinking that if they are considered firearms then is munition considered a firearm aswell and if not can they be shipped to your home. Much appreciated.
suppressors require a tax stamp from the BATF and approval from the controlling LEA in your town for ownership. that is why they are considered firearms by the BATF if i am not mistaken.

i order ammo from time to time and have it shipped directly to my house. loaded ammo is able to be shipped straight to your home and sometime only requires an adult signature by the deilvery service or shipper.

Old 06-10-2012, 10:30 PM   #5
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Ammunition is NOT considered a firearm, but there may be limits how much you can store in a particular location - check with your municipality or state for details.

Suppressors are also not firearms, but they are controlled devices per the National Firearms Act (Class III device). It won't do any good to try to reason out why this is because there is no logic to it at all. Paying a $200 tax on something that should cost around $30 seems a mite excessive. So...no suppressors. No big deal.

Old 06-11-2012, 01:10 AM   #6

Thanks cause I really don't like driving and waiting in line for ammo lol yea I know its lazy .

Old 06-12-2012, 03:26 PM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1273 Times on 736 Posts
Likes Given: 1937

I had a holster get treated as a firearm. A couple of years ago I went to the "City-County" Building in Indianapolis. I left my gun in my car, but kept the holster on my belt. The "security" guard refused to let me enter the building. So I asked if he could hold it until I came back out. He refused, so I put it in a waste basket, and went in and did my business. When I came out the holster was gone. I 'spect the good ol' guard had a nice new holster.

Old 06-12-2012, 03:27 PM   #8
10-32
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2917 Times on 1718 Posts

I had a hat pin treated as a replica firearm by the tsa.

I don't need No stinking signature.