Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy - Page 8
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2013, 01:24 PM   #71
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5758 Times on 3257 Posts
Likes Given: 5197

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
When manufacturers create a shortage it's just grand to blame your fellow shooters or Obama. Most major manufacturers don't even own a facility to manufacture bulk ammo. They only manufacture high end ammo with proprietary components. Bulk ammo is manufactured abroad by another company.
The major American manufacturers make it here, not overseas.. And they';re working 24/7. This is not a "created" shortage, this is very simply supply and demand. Bulk ammo is made by the billions of rounds by Federal, Remington and Winchester. "Lake City" is operated by Federal and is one of the largest bulk manufacturers in the world.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no conspiracy. Just a bunch of "Chicken Littles" buying every round they can get to prepare for the "Great Revolution" of their sick, twisted fantasies.

Winston Churchill
HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 03-10-2013, 03:42 PM   #72
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
The major American manufacturers make it here, not overseas.. And they';re working 24/7. This is not a "created" shortage, this is very simply supply and demand. Bulk ammo is made by the billions of rounds by Federal, Remington and Winchester. "Lake City" is operated by Federal and is one of the largest bulk manufacturers in the world.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's no conspiracy. Just a bunch of "Chicken Littles" buying every round they can get to prepare for the "Great Revolution" of their sick, twisted fantasies.
You are half right. If you see what the EPA is going after (lead) it is going to MUCH more expensive, to say the least, if not 'banned' in the future, to get ammo containing lead . I personalty bought enough hunting ammo to last myself and my family for 'several' years because I like to give the game I hunt 'lead poisoning'.
All ammo, especially practice ammo, will get VERY expensive if they succeed!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-10-2013, 07:21 PM   #73
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRau View Post
All ammo, especially practice ammo, will get VERY expensive if they succeed!

That might be a good thing. It would get whole buncha democRATS kicked outta office next election!

Winston Churchill

Old 03-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #74
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1978 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 944

But it will not solve the problem! The EPA and many other bureaucracies are totally out of control!
Did you know they can fine and imprison anyone they 'say' is in violation of their REGULATIONS (NOT LAWS) without due process and they are bankruptcy exempt.

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

bluez Likes This 
Old 03-17-2013, 03:56 AM   #75

Liked 2851 Times on 1689 Posts
Likes Given: 1881

Quote:
So in your opinion the people that bought bulk ammo ten years ago are responsible for today's shortage???? yeah, that makes a lot of sense Bubba. Blame other people for your own mistakes.

I haven't bought a single round since the election last November. I didn't need to. I've been "stocking up" for 20 years

And I resent being called a "hoarder" because you were too stupid to stock up when it was cheap and available.

Your unwillingness to plan ahead is not my problem.
LOL! truth hurts? i'm sorry, but at how many thousands of rounds must you have, in your opinion, to become a hoarder? or is that bullets is the only thing you CAN NOT hoard in your opinion?

and for the record, i never called you a hoarder directly (although you seem to call names often in posts), but stacking up thousands or tens of thousands of rounds of ammo you will likely never use, is certainly hoarding.

and don't worry about me, my stupid self has enough if a need arises. just not enough to go to the range anymore cause losers without jobs wait at 7am every morning to clean out the wal-mart shelves.....

Old 03-17-2013, 01:00 PM   #76
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
LOL! truth hurts? i'm sorry, but at how many thousands of rounds must you have, in your opinion, to become a hoarder? or is that bullets is the only thing you CAN NOT hoard in your opinion?

and for the record, i never called you a hoarder directly (although you seem to call names often in posts), but stacking up thousands or tens of thousands of rounds of ammo you will likely never use, is certainly hoarding.

and don't worry about me, my stupid self has enough if a need arises. just not enough to go to the range anymore cause losers without jobs wait at 7am every morning to clean out the wal-mart shelves.....

So, in your opinion, what is a good moral course of action??

Perhaps I should "share" what I have accumulated with those who didn't bother to prepare???? Maybe I should stop going to the range so that I can help you get to the range??

Sounds like Obama-speak to me.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #77
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1022 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
I honestly don't think that I've seen anyone on this forum more condescending than you, sir. You belittle and ridicule anyone whose opinion disagrees with yours in any way.

Anyone who has the audacity to call out a conspiracy theory, or fanaticism is held up to scorn and ridicule by you.

Think about that the next time you are tempted to get "holier than thou" at someone.
There is this....

Quote:
So, in your opinion, what is a good moral course of action??

Perhaps I should "share" what I have accumulated with those who didn't bother to prepare???? Maybe I should stop going to the range so that I can help you get to the range??

Sounds like Obama-speak to me.
Now there is this....

Old 03-17-2013, 02:55 PM   #78
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

So may I infer that you agree with the previous poster??

Winston Churchill

Old 03-17-2013, 03:21 PM   #79
JAD

Liked 52 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 9

I stopped by my LGS on Friday to get my allotment of 5 boxes of 5.56, at the counter was a gal buying a 1022 with one box of CCI. The shop holds back ammo for buyers of guns in stock. The gal was holding the CCI ammo like it was a child and talking about the republicans and the sequester.
I got my daily allotment and left.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:52 PM   #80
Troll Scout
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1022 Times on 542 Posts
Likes Given: 587

Quote:
So may I infer that you agree with the previous poster??
No, but you may want to study my inference a little closer.

Inference:
: the act or process of inferring (see infer): as
a : the act of passing from one proposition, statement, or judgment considered as true to another whose truth is believed to follow from that of the former
b : the act of passing from statistical sample data to generalizations (as of the value of population parameters) usually with calculated degrees of certainty
: something that is inferred; especially : a conclusion or opinion that is formed because of known facts or evidence