Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2013, 06:50 PM   #61
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 5731 Times on 3358 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Why do we have two of these threads? Same title, Same OP, same ?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

Old 03-08-2013, 06:56 PM   #62

Liked 80 Times on 45 Posts
Likes Given: 32

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
I was just wondering the same thing. Thought maybe it was time for new contacts for a second.

Old 03-08-2013, 07:37 PM   #63

Liked 129 Times on 82 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

Since a good reliable small generator that is adequate to run your refrigerator, freezer and the electronic portion of your gas furnace, and even your TV and radio I consider it a necesssity.

Such a generator can be had for less than $1000. I have a 2KW Honda and keep 25 gallons of gasoline on hand at all times. That will last for 14 days minimum.
Or this:
http://www.lowes.com/pd_437234-47615-MPV-710_?productId=4349395

Old 03-08-2013, 09:14 PM   #64
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5073 Times on 2885 Posts
Likes Given: 4237

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsights View Post
That would be really neat. But my little Honda is lot less expensive.

"Politics is the art of the possible" Otto von Bismarck.

Old 03-08-2013, 09:29 PM   #65

Liked 2297 Times on 1349 Posts
Likes Given: 1465

l

Quote:
ocutus;1120409]When ammo becomes readily available again maybe you'll have sense enough to stock up this time so you won't have to cry and whine next time there's a shortage.

I have no sympathy for the folks that keep a few boxes on hand and believe that they will always be able to traipse on down to Wally World and get all they want.
although i believe a law abiding citizen has a right to keep as much bulk ammo as they want, it is exactly this attitude that is causing the shortage for gun owners.

the "get all that you can while you can" attitude of a few hoarders is effectively making impossible for most to get ammo these day. one dude finds ammo and buys it all....this is really stupid and paranoid behavior imo.

should everyone have a JIC of stash of ammo? sure....its a good idea. but do you need thousands of rounds past that? do you need to wipe the shelves clean every time you see some 223? plain dumb imo.

think about what a problem we would have if everyone bought up toilet paper like bullets?

get a JIC stash set up...and then just buy what you will use....if the hoarders understood this.....no shortages!

Last edited by hawkguy; 03-08-2013 at 09:31 PM.
NC1760 Likes This 
Old 03-08-2013, 11:36 PM   #66

Liked 8 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
That would be my bad...a mix of Budweiser and posting. Sorry about that, maybe the powers that be can delete one. Don't worry, I'm considering having a breathalyzer installed on the computer. It might save me some money on iTunes also.

Old 03-09-2013, 03:05 PM   #67
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkguy View Post
l

although i believe a law abiding citizen has a right to keep as much bulk ammo as they want, it is exactly this attitude that is causing the shortage for gun owners.

the "get all that you can while you can" attitude of a few hoarders is effectively making impossible for most to get ammo these day. one dude finds ammo and buys it all....this is really stupid and paranoid behavior imo.

should everyone have a JIC of stash of ammo? sure....its a good idea. but do you need thousands of rounds past that? do you need to wipe the shelves clean every time you see some 223? plain dumb imo.

think about what a problem we would have if everyone bought up toilet paper like bullets?

get a JIC stash set up...and then just buy what you will use....if the hoarders understood this.....no shortages!
So in your opinion the people that bought bulk ammo ten years ago are responsible for today's shortage???? yeah, that makes a lot of sense Bubba. Blame other people for your own mistakes.

I haven't bought a single round since the election last November. I didn't need to. I've been "stocking up" for 20 years

And I resent being called a "hoarder" because you were too stupid to stock up when it was cheap and available.

Your unwillingness to plan ahead is not my problem.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 PM   #68
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post

So in your opinion the people that bought bulk ammo ten years ago are responsible for today's shortage???? yeah, that makes a lot of sense Bubba. Blame other people for your own mistakes.

I haven't bought a single round since the election last November. I didn't need to. I've been "stocking up" for 20 years

And I resent being called a "hoarder" because you were too stupid to stock up when it was cheap and available.

Your unwillingness to plan ahead is not my problem.
I don't think your a hoarder, but during shortages when people take all that they can is what I call hoarding. Just take what you can shoot and stock up when ammo is plentiful. I don't want to shoot any ammo that cannot be easily replaced no matter how much I have.

Old 03-09-2013, 11:52 PM   #69
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95sniper View Post
I don't think your a hoarder, but during shortages when people take all that they can is what I call hoarding. Just take what you can shoot and stock up when ammo is plentiful. I don't want to shoot any ammo that cannot be easily replaced no matter how much I have.

And that's why I have cut my shooting in half. I have enough ammo and reloading components for a small war. But I do not want to use up what I can't readily replace.

Old 03-10-2013, 03:41 AM   #70
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1345 Times on 913 Posts
Likes Given: 453

When manufacturers create a shortage it's just grand to blame your fellow shooters or Obama. Most major manufacturers don't even own a facility to manufacture bulk ammo. They only manufacture high end ammo with proprietary components. Bulk ammo is manufactured abroad by another company.

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato