Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy - Page 6
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 04:37 PM   #51
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: The Free State of Winston, AL
Posts: 3,148
Liked 2066 Times on 1223 Posts
Likes Given: 1007

Default

About a year ago a friend and I were discussing what we need for a SHTF situation and he made a VERY valid point when he said 'Have a lot of 22's (LR) on hand, it can be used for about any thing you need in a survival situation' !!!!
Well I took his advise!!

__________________

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

JimRau is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 04:19 AM   #52
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Jimmie you make a good point. The grocery stores are running out of everything.

WHY????

Because most folks do not have enough common sense to keep 10-14 days worth of EVERYTHING YOU NEED on hand.

Food, toilet paper, prescription and OTC medicine, candles, lamp oil, soap, whatever. If you use something on a daily or weekly basis, have 10-14 days supply in the house.

If a storm, truckers strike, power outage or whatever hits, you won't need to worry about getting to the supermarket before the hordes strip the shelves.
I can agree with all that, except that you can't really "stock up" on prescription meds, as they are so highly regulated that they can't even be filled a day early in most cases. But it is funny how people run out before a storm and buy all the TP, Milk and around here they also stock up on booze. It's like, the power will probably go out have to get milk........which will go bad in a day or two without power to the fridge......so make sure you have plenty of TP when you get the ****z from drinking lumpy milk
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 03:24 PM   #53
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,173
Liked 6532 Times on 3643 Posts
Likes Given: 6166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
I can agree with all that, except that you can't really "stock up" on prescription meds, as they are so highly regulated that they can't even be filled a day early in most cases. But it is funny how people run out before a storm and buy all the TP, Milk and around here they also stock up on booze. It's like, the power will probably go out have to get milk........which will go bad in a day or two without power to the fridge......so make sure you have plenty of TP when you get the ****z from drinking lumpy milk
Since a good reliable small generator that is adequate to run your refrigerator, freezer and the electronic portion of your gas furnace, and even your TV and radio I consider it a necesssity.

Such a generator can be had for less than $1000. I have a 2KW Honda and keep 25 gallons of gasoline on hand at all times. That will last for 14 days minimum.
locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:07 PM   #54
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
70cuda383's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Marysville,OH
Posts: 505
Liked 125 Times on 89 Posts

Default

Must be all about timing... This week I bought 100 rounds of .40 and 100 rounds of .223, brass case tulammo made in Italy. Bought it at walmart at normal prices. Today they had a few hundred rounds each of 9mm, .40, .45, and .223. There were done other rifle calibers but I didn't pay attention to them. They also had a bunch of .22

__________________
70cuda383 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 06:20 PM   #55
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Fathead00's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 2,922
Liked 1098 Times on 658 Posts
Likes Given: 55

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383
Must be all about timing... This week I bought 100 rounds of .40 and 100 rounds of .223, brass case tulammo made in Italy. Bought it at walmart at normal prices. Today they had a few hundred rounds each of 9mm, .40, .45, and .223. There were done other rifle calibers but I didn't pay attention to them. They also had a bunch of .22
Damn, really?!?! I haven't seen any .40 cal in a couple months!!! We've found 9mm and .45 and that's it.
__________________
Fathead00 is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2013, 07:50 PM   #56
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
orangello's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 19,155
Liked 5734 Times on 3360 Posts
Likes Given: 4877

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fathead00 View Post
Damn, really?!?! I haven't seen any .40 cal in a couple months!!! We've found 9mm and .45 and that's it.
It's all hit-n-miss; a few weeks ago i stopped by to look at the ammo aisle while shopping for groceries and saw nothing but nice .40 defensive rounds and .35 whelen.
__________________

Dead Bears, the only good kind.

orangello is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:02 AM   #57
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 820
Liked 156 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post
Must be all about timing... This week I bought 100 rounds of .40 and 100 rounds of .223, brass case tulammo made in Italy. Bought it at walmart at normal prices. Today they had a few hundred rounds each of 9mm, .40, .45, and .223. There were done other rifle calibers but I didn't pay attention to them. They also had a bunch of .22
Thats great, the only pistol ammo that I have seen around here is 380 and even that goes quickly. 22lr is like big foot no one has seen it... I think
__________________
95sniper is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 05:06 AM   #58
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
1911love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Florida
Posts: 1,488
Liked 644 Times on 389 Posts
Likes Given: 12

Default

Around my area in FL .40 is always available, 10mm too. Buddy told me he was at Academy today and saw only 10mm, 22-250, and 7mm.

__________________
1911love is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 02:25 PM   #59
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1,036
Liked 100 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 42

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
Since a good reliable small generator that is adequate to run your refrigerator, freezer and the electronic portion of your gas furnace, and even your TV and radio I consider it a necesssity.

Such a generator can be had for less than $1000. I have a 2KW Honda and keep 25 gallons of gasoline on hand at all times. That will last for 14 days minimum.
For curiosities sake, whats the fuel burn rate in that generator? I know most don't run at the best efficiency and seems to me that 25 gallons would more likely be about a 7 day supply. Of course, when estimating burn rate per hour or per day, you have to use the numbers "under load" and not the numbers for "ready for load" So, did it come with any specs on its fuel consumption?
__________________

A good plan executed today is better than a perfect plan executed at some indefinite point in the future.
- General George Patton Jr

GeneralPatton is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2013, 04:39 PM   #60
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
locutus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Wyoming
Posts: 10,173
Liked 6532 Times on 3643 Posts
Likes Given: 6166

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralPatton View Post
For curiosities sake, whats the fuel burn rate in that generator? I know most don't run at the best efficiency and seems to me that 25 gallons would more likely be about a 7 day supply. Of course, when estimating burn rate per hour or per day, you have to use the numbers "under load" and not the numbers for "ready for load" So, did it come with any specs on its fuel consumption?
My Honda runs about 10 hours on a gallon. even if it was run 24 hours/day, 25 gallons would last over 10 days. and, of course, I don't run it 24 hr/day.
__________________

War is the continuation of politics by other means.
Carl von Clausewitz
V
The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.
Winston Churchill

locutus is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
Driving!!! BeyondTheBox The Club House 82 03-19-2013 04:00 AM
Driving me crazy!!! fmj AR-15 Discussion 19 03-08-2012 10:51 PM
Serpa holster is driving me NUTS because it's rattling like crazy... help! FlintandSteel Firearm Accessories & Gear 2 02-12-2011 04:18 PM
This guy goes through .50 Cal ammo like CRAZY! thirdwise The Club House 18 01-15-2010 03:54 AM
"Hoarding" Ammo... G-Man General Handgun Discussion 110 06-12-2009 06:27 PM