Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2013, 04:36 PM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3746

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiep View Post
I hate the guys who like to feel really smart by being a smart ass. I don't have a great stockpile of ammo either. I shoot everyday so that I am good enough to take the next guys if the need arises.

Right now it's like a bad snow storm has just hit and all the milk and toilet paper have been bought up. The manufacturers are having a hard time keeping up with the histeria right now. Won't be long and everybody will be all bought out. The gun stores I deal with are more worried about sales after the glut ends. There worried they won't be able to make thier leases.

The one fellow is right. You need to reload. After the glut there will be a lot of stuff on the market from folks unloading the extra stuff they didn't really need. Kind of like the housing crash.

Jimmie you make a good point. The grocery stores are running out of everything.

WHY????

Because most folks do not have enough common sense to keep 10-14 days worth of EVERYTHING YOU NEED on hand.

Food, toilet paper, prescription and OTC medicine, candles, lamp oil, soap, whatever. If you use something on a daily or weekly basis, have 10-14 days supply in the house.

If a storm, truckers strike, power outage or whatever hits, you won't need to worry about getting to the supermarket before the hordes strip the shelves.
JimRau Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 06:40 PM   #42

Liked 20 Times on 17 Posts
Likes Given: 159

I'll admit I don't shoot (much) but I only try to buy 50 rounds every week or two. It's the ones buying up everything on the shelves that infuriates me. Bass Pro's pistol ammo here in Memphis consists of .41 Magnum & that's it! There's a limit of 10 boxes per customer. People who buy that many boxes are not part of the problem, they're THE problem.

"THE SIERRA JUST HOTEL TANGO FOXTROT -OVER"

MALO PERICULOSAM LIBERTATEM QUAM QUIETUM SERVITIUM

CallMaker Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 07:21 PM   #43
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1259 Times on 787 Posts
Likes Given: 671

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide View Post
I don't know where to put this post, but in the area of the proposed new legislation seems appropriate.

I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
I have friends and relatives in five different states and they all tell me the same story. I don't see an end in sight right now. And trying to find guns is no better!!!

An armed society is not always a polite society, but it is a free and safe society!
Self Defense is an absolute and natural right!
Keep your head down and your powder dry!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:22 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 4722 Times on 2695 Posts
Likes Given: 3746

And in 9-12 months if will be over. When the paranoids settle down or run out of money and stop the panic buying, the ammo shelves will fill up again and the gun racks will fill up.

It's happened before and it will happen again. and I have ZERO sympathy for those who aren't smart enough to lay in a supply.

Old 03-05-2013, 10:27 PM   #45

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I'll admit I don't shoot (much) but I only try to buy 50 rounds every week or two. It's the ones buying up everything on the shelves that infuriates me. Bass Pro's pistol ammo here in Memphis consists of .41 Magnum & that's it! There's a limit of 10 boxes per customer. People who buy that many boxes are not part of the problem, they're THE problem.
Memphis ?? We need to get together if you like

NEVER FORGET

Old 03-05-2013, 10:41 PM   #46

Liked 30 Times on 16 Posts

I stopped at scheels in Omaha Ne today on my way home from work. They had .32 38 special and.45acp that was it for pistol ammo. Rifle not much better 240, 270, 7mm 7.62x54, 300 17hmr 22-250. I agree we has see this before but not to this extent. I have plenty of ammo, but I regret limiting my collection to only 5 calibers. The only stuff I can find is 12 gauge ammo and I don't need any. Guess its time to expand the collection to some of the calibers that are still available. Been looking at a 1911 and a Ruger American .270. A shopping I will go!!!

Old 03-05-2013, 10:51 PM   #47

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scratchammo View Post
I don't blame those who buy all they can right now-
I wish i had bought MUCH more this past year instead of a box or two a couple times a month---

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

orangello Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:09 PM   #48
Deader Bears=Better Bears
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5658 Times on 3326 Posts
Likes Given: 4788

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOSSFLY View Post
I don't blame those who buy all they can right now-
I wish i had bought MUCH more this past year instead of a box or two a couple times a month---
Personal responsibility.........are you real? Did you come here in a time machine?

Dead Bears, the only good kind.
GANDER MOUNTAIN OF HATTIESBURG, MS IS OVERPRICED, HAS LOUSY CUSTOMER SERVICE, & SELLS BEAT UP PISTOLS TO LITTLE OLD LADIES AS "NEW". :p

HOSSFLY Likes This 
Old 03-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #49

Liked 2149 Times on 1450 Posts
Likes Given: 1173

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangello View Post
Personal responsibility.........are you real? Did you come here in a time machine?
I'm off my meds at the moment

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

locutus Likes This 
Old 03-06-2013, 03:12 PM   #50

Liked 72 Times on 57 Posts
Likes Given: 13

I'm ok on centerfire but I got caught w/ my pants down on rimfire. Never thought I'd have trouble getting 22 LR's. Not happy about it either.
I usually shoot .22's but now I'll shoot some more centerfire stuff. Hi ho hi ho it's off to the loading bench I go.......

Last edited by RUG3R44; 03-06-2013 at 03:20 PM.