Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2013, 07:04 PM   #11
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

It's the same as in '08, maybe a bit worse. Panic buying and supply can't keep up with demand.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:20 PM   #12

Liked 181 Times on 129 Posts
Likes Given: 129

7point62 is right. Its just like 08-09 just a bit worse this time because of the sandy hook incident.

I have been storing ammo and reloading supplies since soterro was elected the first time. Since all this mess started I have bought a brick of american eagle .22lr ammo for a friend and 6 more pmags for my del-ton and 2-20rd ruger mags for my mini-14.

I have plenty of ammo and have been steady shooting without pause. I might not waste any ammo doing a mag dump or something like that but I havent went easy on my stash either. Hopefully it will get back to normal in the next few months.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:32 PM   #13

Liked 27 Times on 10 Posts

How many rounds for each gun would I have to have to be considered a hoarder? I may have a bad case of ammo hoarding (even before the shortage). If I see a TV camera crew at my door hoping for an intervention and a new reality show on my illness things may get ugly!

My name is TheFourthD and I'm an ammo hoarder.
I blame my father.

Old 02-02-2013, 09:41 PM   #14

Liked 18 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by kytowboater View Post
A lot of people in the Lexington area, bought ammo in calibers they don't own, specifically to sell them at a higher price.
My wife was at Walmart the other day and I had her walk by the ammo and just to give me a report on how much was there.

When she got back home she said that she overheard two guys talking and one said something like "I bet you could make a pretty penny if you could show up when the truck unloads, buy anything you could, and resell it."

That sort of got under my collar a bit. I'm a capitalist and all, but I'd rather have the people that need it able to get it at regular price.

Anyway, sorry for rambling, but I think a lot of folks are saving every single round they've got for a rainy day.

Old 02-02-2013, 10:44 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5954 Times on 3371 Posts
Likes Given: 5522

A nearby police supply house has ammo most of the time. 5.56X45, 7.62X51, 7.62X39, 5.45X39, ans 9X19 are limited to two boxes.

.40 is piled in cases on the floor, with a one CASE per customer limit.

I haven't bought ammo since Sandy hook. I've stock piled for years and don't need any, so I leave it on the shelf for the unprepared.

When the madness calms down, I might buy 1/2 case of Remington-UMC Mk Vll ball for my .303s. I'm down to about 800 rounds of that one.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #16

Liked 43 Times on 28 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightide
I don't know where to put this post, but in the area of the proposed new legislation seems appropriate.

I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!
Google. "Government purchases of ammo". The results will tell you where huge volumes went. Agencies in some cases bought up 7 years worth just before the election. Even agencies with no armed personal bought in bulk

Old 02-02-2013, 11:43 PM   #17

Liked 121 Times on 88 Posts

all you guys who keep saying that reloading your own ammo is the solution...what do you have to say about this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/find?newcategorydimensionid=5757

"out of stock, out of stock, out of stock, no back order, out of stock"

so either A) you're a hoarder yourself with thousands and thousands of rounds on hand in either factory loaded ammo or reloading supplies, that you either bought up over time slowly, or you rushed out and bought it all at once, or B) you're not a hoarder, and you're screwed right now.

Old 02-03-2013, 12:43 AM   #18

Liked 2181 Times on 1472 Posts
Likes Given: 1191

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383
all you guys who keep saying that reloading your own ammo is the solution...what do you have to say about this:

"out of stock, out of stock, out of stock, no back order, out of stock"

so either A) you're a hoarder yourself with thousands and thousands of rounds on hand in either factory loaded ammo or reloading supplies, that you either bought up over time slowly, or you rushed out and bought it all at once, or B) you're not a hoarder, and you're screwed right now.
Well I no longer reload so I guess I am a horder of the ammo I bought in the last few yrs
But I have ammo-----

Texan By Birth & Choice
USMC/VIET NAM VET

TNFrank Likes This 
Old 02-03-2013, 02:10 AM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5954 Times on 3371 Posts
Likes Given: 5522

Quote:
Originally Posted by 70cuda383 View Post

"out of stock, out of stock, out of stock, no back order, out of stock

You're damn right I'm a hoarder. I'm not stupid. I bought in bulk when it was cheap. Now, I have all I need, and have no sympathy for those who didn't.

So tell me, just what is wrong with being a hoarder?? Do you think that if I hadn't bought 25,000 primers 2 years ago that you could find them now?? Dream on.

Winston Churchill

Old 02-03-2013, 02:28 AM   #20

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Ok...Again with this crap. What the hell have you been doing since the LAST SHORTAGE cleared up?!?!?!?!?! This has happened before. The government held up imported ammo, bought tons for the ..."war effort" And people where buying guns that hadn't because BO just got his first gig in the big chair. And everyuone said "Oh no! This is really bad!!"

The feds have bought a but-load of ammo...Again
Peopel are buying it to sell off to other people had a huge ass profit...Again
People that never owned a gun have bought a gun or two now want to have some ammo for it..Again
And people that already had guns went to get some ammo so they could make it through the next shortage...AGAIN!
....Now, Being this has happened before and the last time there was no idiot Congress asshat pushing a ban did you really think that things would be different????

Threads like this really crack me up. It's like a guy hitting himself wit ha hammer again and again and expecting a different result and looking surprised when it's not.

Every day there are people on boards like this saying be prepared. Those that did are not making threads like this. They are liek me. Not bought the 1st round since this BS started and are just fine. And when it calms down...AGAIN we will go out and replenish supply and wait for the next round of insanity and see threads like this.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson