Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/ammo-hoarding-driving-me-crazy-83113/)

Hightide 02-02-2013 02:39 AM

Ammo Hoarding Driving me Crazy

I don't know where to put this post, but in the area of the proposed new legislation seems appropriate.

I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!

twhessler 02-02-2013 01:38 PM

You maybe right, but I find it very hard to believe that people who don't shoot are actually buying up ammo. That just makes no sense.
I must admit I would love to know where the ammo is going !! If you want to stock pile how much is enough ?
If you look at all the big ammo retailers they have none, zip . So now if you were stock piling where would you shop ? If in fact the ammo manufacturers are working at full speed where are they sending all the ammo ? I would think the big retailers would get it first, but to my knowledge they aren't accepting orders. Most say out of stock no back order. I sure would love to know what's going on. I just finished a rifle that uses shorts and I can't even test fire it. Who would want to stock pile shorts ?

kytowboater 02-02-2013 01:43 PM

A lot of people in the Lexington area, bought ammo in calibers they don't own, specifically to sell them at a higher price.

locutus 02-02-2013 02:33 PM

When ammo becomes readily available again maybe you'll have sense enough to stock up this time so you won't have to cry and whine next time there's a shortage.

I have no sympathy for the folks that keep a few boxes on hand and believe that they will always be able to traipse on down to Wally World and get all they want.

bobski 02-02-2013 02:39 PM

non shooting people could be buying it as a new form of money...during shtf.

case in point, who would have ever dreamed that a scrap metal known as lead would be in the running with copper and brass?

if i had known 10-20 years ago...i would have bought tons of it.

HOSSFLY 02-02-2013 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hightide (Post 1119858)
I don't know where to put this post, but in the area of the proposed new legislation seems appropriate.

I am in the Cincinnati, Ohio area and all the gun shops in our area are about sold out of ammo. I went to an empty indoor range and it was empty because nobody had ammo! Most of our ranges are empty due to the weather outside, and the ammo shortage inside.

Quote:

So, the bottom line is that people who don't shoot are hoarding the ammo!

This is a good analogy...I hate to golf...but it is like me running into every golf shop in town and buying up all the balls so that nobody can golf!!!! So, bottom line, the people who don't shoot need to quit hoarding. If they just want to look at it, or feel it,, or whatever, there are snap caps and dummy rounds for that purpose!

I'm just gonna say bullshet & let it go at that :rolleyes:

Ruger22lr 02-02-2013 04:46 PM

I am a admitted hoarder of ammo but the differance is I actually shoot what I buy. I like to have 1,000 rounds for any specific rifle caliber at any given time. About 500 for handguns.

HOSSFLY 02-02-2013 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HOSSFLY (Post 1120545)
I'm just gonna say bullshet & let it go at that :rolleyes:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruger22lr (Post 1120586)
I am a admitted hoarder of ammo but the differance is I actually shoot what I buy. I like to have 1,000 rounds for any specific rifle caliber at any given time. About 500 for handguns.

Kinda why i called BS on that non-shooter stuff----
I've been buyin certain ammo since the last election ;)
I'm like Locutus on all the cryin bitchin crap--------------

TNFrank 02-02-2013 05:02 PM

Sounds to me like you need to stop cryin' and learn how to reload. I sold off the majority of my 9x19mm to get funds to buy an air rifle. I've only got 300 rounds left BUT I have enough supplies to load that 300 rounds 4x so in reality it's like having 1500 rounds. Free yourself from being a slave to the ammo manufactures and learn how to roll your own.:D

sniper762 02-02-2013 07:39 PM

i hoarded for years .....shot competitive combat rifle for uncle sam........retired and disable now and selling.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327965273