Ammo Availability

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Ammo Availability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Default Ammo Availability

I'd like to know forum members' opinions of the possible effects of Obama's E.O. restricting the import of "armor piercing bullets" on ammo availability. To me, it's not going to be a stretch for Leftist LEO calling all FMJ high-caliber rounds as "armor piercing." This is going to eliminate all affordable plinking and practice Wolf, Tula, and Bear brands. Thoughts?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5538 Times on 3134 Posts
Likes Given: 4818

Quote:
Originally Posted by opsec View Post
I'd like to know forum members' opinions of the possible effects of Obama's E.O. restricting the import of "armor piercing bullets" on ammo availability. To me, it's not going to be a stretch for Leftist LEO calling all FMJ high-caliber rounds as "armor piercing." This is going to eliminate all affordable plinking and practice Wolf, Tula, and Bear brands. Thoughts?
Well, no. the armor piercing ban is already in effect as far as importation and manufacture..

Osama is just trying to get congress to amend it to include possession.

Winston Churchill

Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 PM   #3

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Ditto, bullets with steel penetrators have already been outlaws by former legislation. I wonder if they're going to try to take ammo off the shelves that would be able to penetrate a IIIa vest like most LEO's ware? If that's the case then many hunting cartridges will be history because a standard 150gr 30-06 soft point round can cut through a bullet proof vest.
Something sounds really sneaky about this.

This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 06:48 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Ditto, bullets with steel penetrators have already been outlaws by former legislation. I wonder if they're going to try to take ammo off the shelves that would be able to penetrate a IIIa vest like most LEO's ware? If that's the case then many hunting cartridges will be history because a standard 150gr 30-06 soft point round can cut through a bullet proof vest.
Something sounds really sneaky about this.
Frank, a majority of the democRATS in congress wouldn't stand for that.

You need to stop listening to Alex Jones, my friend!

Winston Churchill

Old 01-16-2013, 06:51 PM   #5

Liked 125 Times on 68 Posts
Likes Given: 130

Didn't get it from Alex. Many years ago they were trying to pass legislation that would outlaw/ban any round that would penetrate a bullet proof vest. Hunters got mad as a wet hen over it and it went away but I just wonder if they're trying to bring it back up now?

This is the War Room!"

Old 01-16-2013, 06:53 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNFrank View Post
Didn't get it from Alex. Many years ago they were trying to pass legislation that would outlaw/ban any round that would penetrate a bullet proof vest. Hunters got mad as a wet hen over it and it went away but I just wonder if they're trying to bring it back up now?
And you think those hunters aren't around anymore??

Winston Churchill

Old 01-16-2013, 07:16 PM   #7

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
And you think those hunters aren't around anymore??
I'm here I'm here!!!!