You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

American Flag

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Location: St.Peter Port.or St Malo France.or Portsmouth UK,Guernsey .. located in English Channel
Liked 4 Times on 1 Posts

Default American Flag

Living in the other side of the pond, I am really puzzled by many articals on various forums about American people not being allowed to fly their Stars & Stripes in many areas. Today I see a Sheriff was ordered by Judges to remove said flag from outside an American Court building.When did YOUR country change its name & way of life.I respect & honour my flag all the time,& have never been told to stop displaying it,Why are you all being treated so dishonourably?? especially on your own soil.Many other countrys wish to follow your way of life, always have,but recently are becoming worried as to all strange changes happening. I wish you all well,& hope that things will return to normal in the very near future.

People Like This 

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-12-2015, 09:27 AM   #2

Liked 30 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 308

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
Living in the other side of the pond, I am really puzzled by many articals on various forums about American people not being allowed to fly their Stars & Stripes in many areas. Today I see a Sheriff was ordered by Judges to remove said flag from outside an American Court building.When did YOUR country change its name & way of life.I respect & honour my flag all the time,& have never been told to stop displaying it,Why are you all being treated so dishonourably?? especially on your own soil.Many other countrys wish to follow your way of life, always have,but recently are becoming worried as to all strange changes happening. I wish you all well,& hope that things will return to normal in the very near future.

That's what a lot of us would love to know....................what the beep happened to our beloved country?

Old 03-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #3
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8292 Times on 4264 Posts
Likes Given: 9560

Kestral, Thanks for bringing that up, sometimes, we really need to hear from people that arent citizens of the USA how great we are/ were because we only see what we see every day and many of us take it for granted because it seems like its free for the taking. Its more than the Stars and Bars, pole and masthead, the US Flag signifies were not like anyone else and that flag is our seal and key mark of excellence.

I dont know why and can only guess why some Americans hate their own Nation, I wold assume its mostly about guilt of success. There are folks including our own citizens that are very upset about us (The US) being as fortunate and comfortable in our USA skins as we are. They self flagellate and require others to join them to feel like they arent the arbitrator of problems with the world, they are the solution as brothers of different mothers and will throw us and themselves on the sword to prove that which doesnt need to be proven. Its very obvious that were the place people want to be but some folks refuse to accept that the reason folks wanna be like us is because the US is awesome not evil and depraved as some of our own would like to say we are.

The good news is your hearing about this because its not the norm not because it is not Normal to hate the US Flag in the USA. We the People as a rule Love our Country, Our Flag, our dirt and the H2O, its a very few of us that dont even if they scream their self hatred louder than we sing of our love (in front of the cameras).

Thank you for reminding us "Why We Fight"---

The elemental search for the NWO (New World Order) has taken us all very close to having no Place that is called home, no way of life to call our own, no right or wrong, no World leadership just MAD, mutually assured mediocrity fro the planet. I can assure you that wont happen without a fight that makes the WW's look like a playground spat. Most Americans are not apologists (THe TV Lies), were damn proud of our Nation and those that gave all they had to give to make it a place where all people can live, love, learn and share the beauty and treasure that is our Home as long as they come here to join in the bounty not take more than they give.

My Flag flies like it should every day rain or shine just like our founding fathers had envisioned it. In my 54 years of life, nobody has ever given me good reason to question my loyalty or dedication to the Constitution that is the single source of our world leadership and respect as well as the sole protector or our Rights and Responsibilities. Those that hate old glory only see the colors, they dont get the flag is a package deal of promises secured by laws created to protect the citizens not empower a government.
Cnon Likes This 
Old 03-12-2015, 11:32 AM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6026 Times on 4012 Posts
Likes Given: 3117

The flag is still held in high esteem. The petty squabbles usually result from arcane local regulations and property right disputes. Most such stories are highly publicized, and they backfire at the perceived "opponents". But this is a 300 million nation, with more FREE stupid people than the world has ever seen.

Just MO. Now a fact: in no European country have I seen their national flag displayed as much as here. Especially not in the UK.
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2015, 11:51 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 10750 Times on 5708 Posts
Likes Given: 22942

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kestral View Post
Living in the other side of the pond, I am really puzzled by many articals on various forums about American people not being allowed to fly their Stars & Stripes
I haven't heard of this.
Old 03-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #6

Liked 3957 Times on 1987 Posts
Likes Given: 6555

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMcCool View Post
I haven't heard of this.
The only example i can think of...is just in the last couple weeks. The administrators at a college in Cali wanted to take down all the American Flags to make the foreign students feel "more included"....... But thankfully their Board of directors shot that idea down...
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2015, 01:05 PM   #7

Liked 59 Times on 41 Posts

I live in Texas and I dare someone to come take down my flag. They might get it down, but they will have to take me down first!
People Like This 
Old 03-12-2015, 01:40 PM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by rn-cindy View Post
The only example i can think of...is just in the last couple weeks. The administrators at a college in Cali wanted to take down all the American Flags to make the foreign students feel "more included"....... But thankfully their Board of directors shot that idea down...
Foreign students are s prized source of revenue for the school, because they pay full price in cash. They are next in stature only to football players. Colleges compete to recruit the rich Chinese offspring, many of whom will later engage in industrial espionage and other forms of payback.
rn-cindy Likes This 
Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 PM   #9
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallace View Post
I live in Texas and I dare someone to come take down my flag. They might get it down, but they will have to take me down first!
My sources tell me your flag is now secure

Old 03-12-2015, 03:13 PM   #10
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 11546 Times on 6125 Posts
Likes Given: 11232

Kestral, thank you for your post. Your point is well taken.

One of the things that most Americans treasure most is freedom of expression.

The down side of that is that the stupid, the ignorant and the angry malcontent have the same right to spew their venom as normal people have to present reasonable opinions.

Your own Sir Winston Spencer-Churchill said it best.

"The U.S. is a land of free speech. Nowhere is speech freer. Not even here, where we sedulously cultivate it even in it's most repulsive form."

And one of our greatest jurists, Justice Benjamin Cardozo,

Freedom of expression is the matrix, the indispensable condition, of nearly every other form of freedom.

"For your tomorrow, we gave our today."

Closed Thread