am i off base here? - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > am i off base here?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2013, 05:49 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 208 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 289

And blaming a firearm for deaths is like blaming a hammer for missing the nail when building a home and breaking your finger. Its not the tools fault for the actions it is forced to do, it is the operator's. I have never heard of a contractor banning hammers for breaking an employee's hand. I have heard of contractors not hiring idiots to do jobs where idiots don't belong. If someone is mentally ill and either homicidal or suicidal keep firearms locked up In the home away from said person. That fixes that part of it. Crack down on gun crime and the criminal and crime will lessen. Take guns away from lac and crime goes up...that's how it works.

Old 01-02-2013, 06:24 PM   #12

Liked 170 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 20

The oath taken by our fearless leaders means nothing they have never served or been placed in harms way, but most of all, as written, blocks their agenda. I first took the oath on Feb 8th 1953 and have taken it 6 additional times on reenlistment in the service and 4 times when elected to public office.

US Army 1953-1977

‘‘We, the People are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts — not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.’’
— Abraham Lincoln

CaseyChadwell Likes This 
Old 01-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #13

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

I took the oath in 1970 upon joining the Navy. As long as we have free and fair elections in this country, the only thing that will relase me of my promise is death.

The following year I once again swore, on a bible, to my wife, only death relieves me of that promise as well.

I take oaths deadly serious.

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-03-2013, 02:52 AM   #14

Liked 638 Times on 385 Posts
Likes Given: 12

As people have stated here, we take oaths seriously. Some of our reps and POTUS do not. The diff is they have power to dissolve our protections, the average American doesn't have this power. If you take the oath and don't follow it it's TREASON in my book. What is the punishment for treason???

Old 01-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #15

I understand that the government has the power, but it's not supposed to be that way. The constitution and the bill of rights was written the way it was so the people had the power. When did Americans give that up?

Old 01-03-2013, 02:09 PM   #16

Liked 516 Times on 279 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
I understand that the government has the power, but it's not supposed to be that way. The constitution and the bill of rights was written the way it was so the people had the power. When did Americans give that up?
Some people want to be ruled. You must know people that are perfectly comfortable letting others tell them what they should think.

Most people just want comfort and security. They'll take what they assume is easy in order to get it. Not everyone is a "rugged individualist".

I see this on both sides by the way. NOT picking on progressives.

Old 01-03-2013, 03:54 PM   #17

Liked 1487 Times on 899 Posts
Likes Given: 347

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyChadwell View Post
You haven't given up crap. We just finished a free and fair election. Your side just did not prevail, so you want to whine unconstituional? Bullshirt!

Mommy, I lost, so I am going to take my toys and go home........

"It is better to be too skeptical then too credulous"

Carl Sagan

Old 01-03-2013, 04:12 PM   #18

Liked 3859 Times on 1864 Posts
Likes Given: 701

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire

You haven't given up crap. We just finished a free and fair election. Your side just did not prevail, so you want to whine unconstituional? Bullshirt!

No... More like you ignore constitutional violations because 'your side won'.

I highly doubt you said the same when Bush passed the patriot act.

America has fought wars across the globe, because we kept our firearms while others let dictators take theirs...

Old 01-03-2013, 04:25 PM   #19

Calm down there big fella. I don't believe you were in the voting booth with me so you don't know who I voted for or why. In fact earlIer I saId I never voted along any party lInes. I vote for the person not the party. I never said we didn't have a fair and free election, I just said that the rights of Americans seem to be under attack. Is it ok if I state my opinion there big guy?

So, you can feel free to play with my toys all you want, I'll stay and play with ya so you can have cool toys to play with.

Old 01-03-2013, 07:50 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5821 Times on 3292 Posts
Likes Given: 5291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

Once again I call BULLSH!T

There was nothing free or fair about the Caliph buying the anointing with tax money.

Winston Churchill