Alternative Compromise to Gun Control - Page 3
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Alternative Compromise to Gun Control

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2013, 03:16 PM   #21
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2930 Times on 1703 Posts
Likes Given: 1749

This is not my "solution" to violent crime, there are innumerable aspects to the problem. I would like to see what would happen if we legalized marijuana & decriminalized most drugs.

I'm willing to bet that our budget deficit would shrink like crazy and inner-city gun violence would drop precipitously, not go away, but drop "big time".

The battle against drugs has been a complete and utter failure, why not cash in on the taxes available and save huge amounts of money on enforcement costs?

Just sayin'!

Old 03-25-2013, 04:10 PM   #22

Liked 4886 Times on 2368 Posts
Likes Given: 1524

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
This is not my "solution" to violent crime, there are innumerable aspects to the problem. I would like to see what would happen if we legalized marijuana & decriminalized most drugs.

I'm willing to bet that our budget deficit would shrink like crazy and inner-city gun violence would drop precipitously, not go away, but drop "big time".

The battle against drugs has been a complete and utter failure, why not cash in on the taxes available and save huge amounts of money on enforcement costs?

Just sayin'!
Bingo!

I've been saying this for years... Prohibition does NOT work.

Our prohibition on drugs, and the illicit profits created by it, drive 90+ percent of our gun crime... and the Governments answer of MORE power for them to prohibit guns... or certain guns... IS a not starter for us!

Eliminate the DEA...Cut all federal and state funding for drug enforcement... and LEGLIZE all drugs.

Use the State Liquor stores to distribute and tax a legal product.

Nothing kills criminal activity faster and more effectively that competition from legitimate industries.

The US Tobacco industry and Liquor industries would be more than happy to set up grow operation of MJ, Cocca, Poppies, whatever they need to safely and MUCH more cheaply, produce and distribute these intoxicants.

Tack

Old 03-25-2013, 07:51 PM   #23

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Use the State Liquor stores to distribute and tax a legal product.
It would be kinda cool to see a Marijuana(or whatever) machine like those cigarette machines they used have everywhere.

Old 03-25-2013, 08:04 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by starving030 View Post
It would be kinda cool to see a Marijuana(or whatever) machine like those cigarette machines they used have everywhere.

Well... I'm not so much "pro" drug as I am "anti" police state... and the excuse of the "war on drugs" is where all of the BS has been comming from, until recently of course. NOW it's the great threat of Johnny Gihad riding his camel across the Ocean to launch skud missles from its ASS!

UUUOOOO... Better get DHS some more Tanks!

Seriously though, I think it can be controlled in a safer manner and taxed if it were legalized.

The violent prohibition era gangsters did not stop shooting up Cities because they found religion... They stopped because the profits that justified the risk evaporated when there former customers could buy a better/cheaper product, legally.

Tack

Old 03-25-2013, 08:07 PM   #25

Liked 380 Times on 207 Posts
Likes Given: 30

Another thing I like to put in replys to these anti gun idiots is that when you stand in the street or shops how do you know that the person next to you isn't a gun owner or what about doctors,lawyers,tradesmen/women,accountants,wives,teens,old people that you trust your money or lives to.
Are they murderers or rapists?
Arguing with most of these twits is next to useless but if you keep presenting checkable facts to them you will eventually get a slow change of view.
You can also argue that your more likely to die in a hospital through medical misadventure or be killed in a car crash and bring up figures for these and when put into perspective against guns things become very interesting,regards

The ability to think and speak doesn't necessarily guarantee intelligence

Old 03-25-2013, 08:41 PM   #26

Liked 1616 Times on 944 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Sorry OP but you are regulating a right that Shall not be infringed. An earlier post bought up driving. No, driving is not a right. It never has been. It's always been a privilege and that is how it is legislated. You have a right to own a car. But not to drive it on public roads.

There are already too many infringements on the 2A Adding more just smothers it all in more not so tasty wrong sauce.

The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Old 03-25-2013, 09:14 PM   #27
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7449 Times on 4067 Posts
Likes Given: 15329

This was already settled in 1791.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

DrumJunkie Likes This 
Old 03-25-2013, 09:45 PM   #28
FTF_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 2858 Times on 1488 Posts
Likes Given: 254

Common sense gun control is only another capitulation to the left. They perpetually demand WE make conscessions, yet they never make any. They simply regroup for another attack on a Constitutionally protected freedom.

We have more than enough gun laws (too many I would argue). If they would simply enforce the existing ones, there would be no problem.

What we need is better management of mentally ill people. Currently only the "adjudicated" crazies are controlled, and not very well. HIPPA needs to be revamped so people with severe mental health issues, like scizophrenia and severe bi-polar disorder, need to be prohibited from owning or possessing firearms. Get diagnosed, ATF notified. Court ordered second opinion and you are done.

In life, strive to take the high road....It offers a better field of fire.
"Robo is right" Fuzzball

Old 03-25-2013, 09:52 PM   #29
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7449 Times on 4067 Posts
Likes Given: 15329

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm

What we need is better management of mentally ill people. Currently only the "adjudicated" crazies are controlled, and not very well. HIPPA needs to be revamped so people with severe mental health issues, like scizophrenia and severe bi-polar disorder, need to be prohibited from owning or possessing firearms. Get diagnosed, ATF notified. Court ordered second opinion and you are done.
So, anyone diagnosed with schizophrenia or bi-polar disorder should be disenfranchised a CONSTITUTIONAL RIGHT to self protection? I disagree.

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

Last edited by MisterMcCool; 03-25-2013 at 10:03 PM.

Old 03-25-2013, 10:24 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by robocop10mm View Post
Common sense gun control is only another capitulation to the left. They perpetually demand WE make conscessions, yet they never make any. They simply regroup for another attack on a Constitutionally protected freedom.

We have more than enough gun laws (too many I would argue). If they would simply enforce the existing ones, there would be no problem.

I agree with the common sense "controls on crazy" but it would absolutely have to restrict any "non consensual" mental health evaluation to "by request of loved ones" ONLY.

I would not go in for any BS where the "State" orders a mental health eval.

Tack