All lead ammo outlawed in 90 days! - Page 2
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > All lead ammo outlawed in 90 days!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-25-2010, 11:54 PM   #11
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Sample Letter:

Dear Congressman / Senator:

The Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) is considering banning all traditional ammunition — ammunition containing lead-core components. This is something that would affect all hunters, target shooters and law enforcement.

A petition filed with the EPA by several agenda-driven groups including the Center for Biological Diversity (CBD), erroneously claims that the use of traditional ammunition poses a danger to (1) wildlife, in particular raptors such as bald eagles, that may feed on entrails or unrecovered game left in the field and (2) that there is a human health risk from consuming game harvested using traditional ammunition. Also falsely alleged in the petition is that the use of traditional ammunition by hunters is inconsistent with the Toxic Substance Control Act of 1976, Congress expressly exempted ammunition from being regulated as a “toxic substance.”

As your constituent, I am urging you to do whatever you can to stop the EPA, which has no jurisdiction over such matters, from banning our ammunition. Please consider the following points:

*There is no scientific evidence that the use of traditional ammunition is having an adverse impact on wildlife populations.

*Wildlife management is the proper jurisdiction of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Services and the 50 state wildlife agencies.

*A 2008 study by the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention on blood lead levels of North Dakota hunters confirmed that consuming game harvested with traditional ammunition does not pose a human health risk.

*A ban on traditional ammunition would have a negative impact on wildlife conservation. The federal excise tax that manufacturers pay on the sale of the ammunition (11 percent) is a primary source of wildlife conservation funding. The bald eagle’s recovery, considered to be a great conservation success story, was made possible and funded by hunters using traditional ammunition – the very ammunition organizations like the CBD are now demonizing.

*Recent statistics from the United States Fish and Wildlife Service show that from 1981 to 2006 the number of breeding pairs of bald eagles in the United States increased 724 percent. And much like the bald eagle, raptor populations throughout the United States are soaring.

Thank you for your time. I will be watching your actions on this matter closely.

Old 08-26-2010, 03:43 AM   #12

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGH View Post
Would this effect price for standard practice ammo? Anything that isn't specifically self defense, for example .22 and bird shot are lead right? So will they have to be copper after this?
The argument for the anti-guners would say: lead plinking rounds shot in the wilderness could contaminate wildlife. Right?
But copper is a herbicide.......... Sorry, the landscaper in me just can't keep my mouth shut.

"Guns don't kill people. Male Kennedy's kill people."

Old 08-26-2010, 05:09 AM   #13

Dear Senator/Congressman

Please note that I am firmly against any bill that attempts to protect wildlife from the effect of lead ammunition before you address the issue of protecting the citizens that elected you from the effects of lead poisoning.

And in recognition of your hard work in congress (as evidenced by your ever increasing silver hair) I am enclosing a complementary bottle of Grecian Formula so that you can start to reverse your aging appearance.

Thank you

PS: Note the ingredients on on the bottle. Lead Acetate.... please follow label precautions.

Owner, operator, sales manager, and only salesman for:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
and I also sweep out the place.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:22 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 83 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 5

This would really put a damper on my ammo supply for hunting. I've got several hundred loose bullets and several hundred loaded that are only used for hunting. I would have to waste them all at the range and accomplish nothing in regards to the environment.

How long do you think it will be before they try to ban lead bullets all together? Another couple of years?

If the pain is lacking so is the discipline...

"the only 911 call I need is chambering a round" - Mr. Muller, MO car dealer

Old 08-26-2010, 03:54 PM   #15

Liked 7 Times on 5 Posts

I guess with all the lead that's not put into ammo can be put into the batteries for the electric cars they are trying to push on us.

The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
- Thomas Jefferson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJAMISON View Post
wow. i didn't finish. and i want that time i just wasted back. I was hoping for at least a pic of Bea Arthur in her undies .

Old 08-26-2010, 10:41 PM   #16

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Angry

It seems everytime the misadministration elevates one of these UberLiberal California Road Twitches to high political office, We The People lose more of our centuries-old rights, traditions and heritage.

We NEED to ban rampant Liberalism.

Old 08-27-2010, 06:55 PM   #17

These "conservationists" are just running this as a stalking horse for gun control nuts. It's doubtful the EPA even has authority regulate ammunition.

Old 08-28-2010, 01:45 AM   #18
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandamonium View Post
The EPA has the authority to pass whatever laws they want without going through Congress?
Not laws...just policies and restrictions that have the same affect and power laws have. Remember how they declared carbon dioxide a pollutant?

I expect the EPA will do for ammo sales what Obama did for firearms sales.

Old 08-28-2010, 02:55 AM   #19
Coffee! If your not shaking, you need another cup
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2018 Times on 1181 Posts
Likes Given: 4293

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
Not laws...just policies and restrictions that have the same affect and power laws have. Remember how they declared carbon dioxide a pollutant?

I expect the EPA will do for ammo sales what Obama did for firearms sales.
Fire Side Sale! Hang onto to your hats and wallets it will be a ride!

Old 08-28-2010, 02:59 AM   #20
EdH

08/27/2010: EPA Denies Petition Calling for Lead Ammunition Ban

EPA denies lead ammo ban petition. Said they do not have the authority.

and

NRA won't endorse Reid - David Catanese - POLITICO.com

NRA will not endorse Harry Reid.