Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > ALL guns in u.s.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2010, 02:51 AM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Likes Given: 1

Default ALL guns in u.s.

being sold here and taken over the boarder for Mexican drug dealers. The government is swinging this to get another ban on Assault rifles and 50cal BMG
my question is how are we as NRA member's fighting this ?
If the ban goes back in action when is the earliest it could come back?

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 AM   #2
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5458 Times on 2850 Posts
Likes Given: 350

odds are a pro-crime gun ban wont happen until the american people are stupid enough to hand all branches of the govt back over to liberals

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Old 12-26-2010, 11:10 AM   #3

Default End run

It is good that the House is in the hands of a more conservative bunch but beware of the adminstration's use of Executive branch "rules" through groups like the BATFE--I call your attention to Obama's latest nomination to head that department as well as the call for reporting of multiple fun purchases.

This battle ain't over!!! Stay alert--the NRA is very aware of this threat.

"To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them."
- George Mason

Old 12-26-2010, 04:01 PM   #4
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2048 Times on 1109 Posts
Likes Given: 3083

Quote:
The government is swinging this to get another ban on Assault rifles and 50cal BMG

Bingo. The Obama bunch wants to monitor gun sales in states that border Mexico for six months. As soon as that six month period is over the white hous, all of the anti-gun liberals and then left wing media will start beating the drums for an AWB. Look for a proposal to outlaw "sniper" rifles too.

Get the attention of your US congressmen now and tell them in no uncertain terms to oppose this intrusion on law abiding gun dealers.

Old 12-26-2010, 04:13 PM   #5

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by chevyforlife1972nova View Post
my question is how are we as NRA member's fighting this ?
My Question is:

What has the NRA been doing but making backroom deals for themselves & their power mongers while ignoring real gun issues at all levels for the last, oh I don't know, 6 to 8 years at the very least??

Old 12-26-2010, 05:12 PM   #6
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5458 Times on 2850 Posts
Likes Given: 350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dillinger View Post
My Question is:

What has the NRA been doing but making backroom deals for themselves & their power mongers while ignoring real gun issues at all levels for the last, oh I don't know, 6 to 8 years at the very least??
nra is no longer about gun rights. all they care about is walking only close enough as needed to keep donations flowing.

we need to change the tone and start labeling liberal ideas for what they are. gun bans are pro-crime. people like sarah brady are bigots.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

Last edited by JonM; 12-26-2010 at 05:14 PM.

Old 12-26-2010, 11:07 PM   #7

Default is there a pro-gun group other then the NRA?

I mean if what you are saying is true( I will research it) I am going to kill my membership but they have been putting a good show on lately proving that are military sold the BMG's to the Mexican military not civilians

Old 12-27-2010, 02:06 AM   #8

Location: I see you, and you will not know when I will strike
Liked 3478 Times on 1609 Posts
Likes Given: 3590

chevy4life - I was a proud member of the NRA back in the very early 90's. I donated every year for my membership and I donated what I could when the pledge came out, which was about once every three or four weeks.

I was pro NRA in my area, which was blue at the time, when it wasn't cool.

As I got a little older, I noticed a much more "huff and puff" with VERY LITTLE fire coming from the NRA on a TON of hotbed 2A issues.

Then there got to be book keeping issues. Then there got to be gigantic issues where the NRA would say one thing, than quietly do the other. Backing candidates that were middle of the road on 2A, at best, and just plain ignoring people with true 2A issues that were being set upon by government thugs under the Klinton Regime that needed a powerful voice to stand up and say "Not on my Watch!".

They were suddenly quiet on a lot of issues under Klinton, and that was when I felt we needed them the most. AWB 1, which was at least partly co-authored by our current second in command VP and implemented by the "husband" of our Sec of State, was such a time when they were NO WHERE to be found.

I ended my membership in the mid 90's and have backed PRO 2A candidates with my money instead of listening to an 800 pound Gorilla who preaches with one side of their mouth and begs for money for the fight with the other.

I no longer trust the NRA, and will continue to hold that opinion until I see them bring the full resources they have to bear ( which are EXTENSIVE ) against the government in ANY 2A issue that benefits the common, blue collar, working man.

JD

Old 12-27-2010, 03:17 AM   #9

Liked 33 Times on 28 Posts

I am getting to the same point as JD. Have you ever been to the NRA HQ? When the big wigs are there there is over $3 million sitting in the parking lot. That is just the cars they big wigs drive.

I wish it was more about gun rights than how much effing money they can line their own pockets with.

I have really thought about moving my money to the GOA.

I also feel that everyone should belong to the best pro 2a org in your state. I currently belong to VCDL (Virginia Citizen Defense League). They were johnny on the spot after the VA Tech shootings. They were there saying that we need to look at the evidence fully before we can make judgement. While the liberals were screaming gun ban. And other are screaming More guns on campus they were a clam concerned voice of reason in the bunch. That really impressed me.

Old 12-27-2010, 03:36 AM   #10

Default I have done alot of looking

I can't believe all the issues that the NRA have just shrugged off you guys have really opened my eye's I can't believe such a great organization is going down in flames sad day...