Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   ALL guns in u.s. (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/all-guns-u-s-35987/)

chevyforlife1972nova 12-25-2010 03:51 AM

ALL guns in u.s.

being sold here and taken over the boarder for Mexican drug dealers. The government:mad: is swinging this to get another ban on Assault rifles and 50cal BMG
my question is how are we as NRA member's fighting this ?
If the ban goes back in action when is the earliest it could come back?

JonM 12-25-2010 04:41 AM

odds are a pro-crime gun ban wont happen until the american people are stupid enough to hand all branches of the govt back over to liberals

hnealg 12-26-2010 12:10 PM

End run

It is good that the House is in the hands of a more conservative bunch but beware of the adminstration's use of Executive branch "rules" through groups like the BATFE--I call your attention to Obama's latest nomination to head that department as well as the call for reporting of multiple fun purchases.

This battle ain't over!!! Stay alert--the NRA is very aware of this threat.

alsaqr 12-26-2010 05:01 PM

Quote:

The government is swinging this to get another ban on Assault rifles and 50cal BMG

Bingo. The Obama bunch wants to monitor gun sales in states that border Mexico for six months. As soon as that six month period is over the white hous, all of the anti-gun liberals and then left wing media will start beating the drums for an AWB. Look for a proposal to outlaw "sniper" rifles too.

Get the attention of your US congressmen now and tell them in no uncertain terms to oppose this intrusion on law abiding gun dealers.

Dillinger 12-26-2010 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chevyforlife1972nova (Post 408813)
my question is how are we as NRA member's fighting this ?

My Question is:

What has the NRA been doing but making backroom deals for themselves & their power mongers while ignoring real gun issues at all levels for the last, oh I don't know, 6 to 8 years at the very least??

JonM 12-26-2010 06:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dillinger (Post 409500)
My Question is:

What has the NRA been doing but making backroom deals for themselves & their power mongers while ignoring real gun issues at all levels for the last, oh I don't know, 6 to 8 years at the very least??

nra is no longer about gun rights. all they care about is walking only close enough as needed to keep donations flowing.

we need to change the tone and start labeling liberal ideas for what they are. gun bans are pro-crime. people like sarah brady are bigots.

chevyforlife1972nova 12-27-2010 12:07 AM

is there a pro-gun group other then the NRA?

I mean if what you are saying is true( I will research it) I am going to kill my membership but they have been putting a good show on lately proving that are military sold the BMG's to the Mexican military not civilians

Dillinger 12-27-2010 03:06 AM

chevy4life - I was a proud member of the NRA back in the very early 90's. I donated every year for my membership and I donated what I could when the pledge came out, which was about once every three or four weeks.

I was pro NRA in my area, which was blue at the time, when it wasn't cool.

As I got a little older, I noticed a much more "huff and puff" with VERY LITTLE fire coming from the NRA on a TON of hotbed 2A issues.

Then there got to be book keeping issues. Then there got to be gigantic issues where the NRA would say one thing, than quietly do the other. Backing candidates that were middle of the road on 2A, at best, and just plain ignoring people with true 2A issues that were being set upon by government thugs under the Klinton Regime that needed a powerful voice to stand up and say "Not on my Watch!".

They were suddenly quiet on a lot of issues under Klinton, and that was when I felt we needed them the most. AWB 1, which was at least partly co-authored by our current second in command VP and implemented by the "husband" of our Sec of State, was such a time when they were NO WHERE to be found.

I ended my membership in the mid 90's and have backed PRO 2A candidates with my money instead of listening to an 800 pound Gorilla who preaches with one side of their mouth and begs for money for the fight with the other.

I no longer trust the NRA, and will continue to hold that opinion until I see them bring the full resources they have to bear ( which are EXTENSIVE ) against the government in ANY 2A issue that benefits the common, blue collar, working man.

JD

cpttango30 12-27-2010 04:17 AM

I am getting to the same point as JD. Have you ever been to the NRA HQ? When the big wigs are there there is over $3 million sitting in the parking lot. That is just the cars they big wigs drive.

I wish it was more about gun rights than how much effing money they can line their own pockets with.

I have really thought about moving my money to the GOA.

I also feel that everyone should belong to the best pro 2a org in your state. I currently belong to VCDL (Virginia Citizen Defense League). They were johnny on the spot after the VA Tech shootings. They were there saying that we need to look at the evidence fully before we can make judgement. While the liberals were screaming gun ban. And other are screaming More guns on campus they were a clam concerned voice of reason in the bunch. That really impressed me.

chevyforlife1972nova 12-27-2010 04:36 AM

I have done alot of looking

I can't believe all the issues that the NRA have just shrugged off you guys have really opened my eye's I can't believe such a great organization is going down in flames sad day...