Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Airport Security and Firearms...Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/airport-security-firearms-egypt-detains-ny-passenger-guns-luggage-27070/)

ARnoob 05-12-2010 03:09 PM

Airport Security and Firearms...Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage

The Associated Press: Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage

With old ladies being subject to searches, taking our shoes off, and no regular shampoo in our baggage, how on earth does this guy on on a plane leaving NYC with handguns?!!! :mad:

Egypt detains NY passenger with guns in luggage

By SALAH NASRAWI (AP) 3 hours ago

CAIRO Airport officials in Cairo say police have detained an American-Egyptian man who arrived on a flight from New York with several weapons in his luggage.

The officials say the man was taken into custody as he tried to pass through customs with a metal box containing two 9 mm handguns, 250 bullets, several swords, daggers and knives.

They say customs officials had been alerted after the weapons were discovered when the box was examined upon arrival Wednesday on an Egypt Air flight from New York's JFK International Airport in Cairo.

A police official confirmed the man was under investigation by prosecutors.

The officials all spoke on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to reporters.

Poink88 05-12-2010 05:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ARnoob (Post 283997)
With old ladies being subject to searches, taking our shoes off, and no regular shampoo in our baggage, how on earth does this guy on on a plane leaving NYC with handguns?!!! :mad:

Most likely it is in his check-in luggage which is not scrutinized as much.

c3shooter 05-12-2010 06:28 PM

Being able to have it in your CHECKED baggage does not mean you can legally IMPORT them to another country.

canebrake 05-12-2010 06:30 PM

There you go C3, assuming the TSA is capable of thinking while on the job!

gorknoids 05-12-2010 10:01 PM

"Thong-Stealing A-holes"?

c3shooter 05-12-2010 11:42 PM

No, Gork- it is "Take Scissors Away". :rolleyes:

Bigcountry02 05-13-2010 12:31 AM

Either way he is in big do-do!

Gordo323 05-13-2010 02:00 AM

Yeah flew from SLC to Albuquerque today and ended up with a Benchmade knife missing out omy checked bag($225) also had a nice streamlight flashlight missing out of my checked toolbox, I'll never even think about declaring a firearm until this TSA shopping spree is over!
I reported, but doubt anything will ever happen,I fly alot and this is not the first time it has happened!:mad:

Bigcountry02 05-13-2010 02:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gordo323 (Post 284238)
Yeah flew from SLC to Albuquerque today and ended up with a Benchmade knife missing out omy checked bag($225) also had a nice streamlight flashlight missing out of my checked toolbox, I'll never even think about declaring a firearm until this TSA shopping spree is over!

I reported, but doubt anything will ever happen,I fly alot and this is not the first time it has happened!:mad:

Sticky fingers as usual!

dunerunner 05-13-2010 05:12 AM

TSA - Terminal Shopping Area

Don't overlook the Baggage Handlers, shopping on the job either!

Lost my luggage en route to the Academy in OKC. Got part of it back a week later. The rest is still on vacation in Florida, Oakland, Los Angeles, Chicago or where ever it ended up! Of course....the digital camera, digital recorder and of all things; all my dress shirts were missing!! But, that was pre TSA!! :D