Agents set up seller of AR15
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Agents set up seller of AR15

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2013, 04:42 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Default Agents set up seller of AR15

New York State again spearheads "Felon by Configuration"

Read this media bias article carefully its posted at buffalonews.com - there were two(2) separate sales

Silver Creek man arrested under new Obama Gun Law
Full article in Bufnews - I wonder who's gonna stand up for this guy - or did he just become a suburban terrorist?

ALBANY – A Chautauqua County man has been become the first person arrested under New York’s new gun control law, arrested and charged with selling newly banned assault-style weapons to an undercover police officer.

Benjamin M. Wassell, 32, of Silver Creek, was charged with twice selling weapons now prohibited under the NY-SAFE Act, according to Attorney General Eric Schneiderman.
If Wassell is convicted of the felonies, the illegal weapon sales charges carry a maximum possible prison sentence of seven years.

The sales to an undercover New York State Police undercover investigator took place at Aunt Millies Restaurant and the Lakeshore Lanes in Hanover, according to a criminal complaint against Wassell obtained this afternoon by The Buffalo News.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Remember the fact - agents contacted him - why him?
Agents bought one - then set up a second sting - why ?
Agents purchased the second rifle and then state "I cant pass a NIC's test" - what could the seller do at this point?

Biggest point - the firearms in question were supposedly legal - yet they are saying the bill that hasn't yet been approved made them illegal due to "configuration"

This is the start folks - this is their goal. Please post to other sites and inform others.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 03-15-2013, 05:16 PM   #2
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 566 Times on 318 Posts
Likes Given: 2442

Damn.
Here in ca.
to sell a firearm you must go through a dealer.
IF, if I were to sell something,
or buy,
You better believe I will go through a dealer.
TOO much to lose if you are caught in some sting.
clr8ter Likes This 
Old 03-15-2013, 05:27 PM   #3
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5694 Times on 3218 Posts
Likes Given: 5099

if you're stupid enough to fall for a sting, you deserve what you get.

You can't be "entrapped" if you're not willing to commit a crime.

Winston Churchill

Old 03-15-2013, 05:30 PM   #4

Liked 748 Times on 451 Posts
Likes Given: 402

Its karma for selling a Del-ton and some crap ammo for 1600

Old 03-15-2013, 05:36 PM   #5

Liked 185 Times on 119 Posts
Likes Given: 56

I thought he was charged under New York law. Is it actually in effect at this time? So, I do not get this part of the original post:

"Silver Creek man arrested under new Obama Gun Law "

Old 03-15-2013, 06:14 PM   #6

Liked 132 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 229

Quote:
Originally Posted by locutus View Post
if you're stupid enough to fall for a sting, you deserve what you get.

You can't be "entrapped" if you're not willing to commit a crime.
yeah maybe so....but its most definitely BS when they try to suck in someone otherwise innocent like in this recent case here in cook county.....Maywood is to Chicago as Compton is to Los Angeles...houses and neighborhood are laid out the same way too. there is a district courthouse for cook county in Maywood right off the 290 expressway at 1st avenue. i read this on the blog in my signature but it was posted on armslist as a warning to others looking to make private sales in the area.

Quote:
County Rifle Sting Goes Wrong

A lawful gun owner, attempting to follow the rules and conduct a private sale, is detained without cause because some politician wants a headline:
  • BEWARE OF THE COOK COUNTY SHERIFF

I had a rifle on armslist that I was looking to dump, nothing important. When I received a email from a buyer telling me they wanted to purchase the rifle. We exchanged phone numbers. I received a text last friday asking me to meet the buyer. I was working, but wasn't busy.

They wanted to meet in Oak Park, I said NO WAY.

They recommended a different spot. I agreed, the Portillos on Roosevelt and DesPlanes. There is a gun range a couple of blocks from there that I thought would be a better place but, it was Friday and I was more afraid of rush hour then I was of the location.

Long story short, it smelled and looked wrong. the car was a pick up with black windows. I'm thinking gangbanger. When I pull up two guys get out of the car, but they are both older white guys. They didn't match the car. They look over the rifle, but when it comes time to sign the paper work, the guy doesn't have a FOID card. He tells me he has a domestic arrest.

I tell him I can't sell him the rifle, he offers more money, I reject his offer. He keeps try. I keep saying NO.

Next thing I know, there are 50 cops surrounding me, they are searching my car, and handcuffing me and toss me in the back of a car.

Within 15 minutes I'm in the Maywood sheriff station. They are asking where I live, how many guns do I own, how many I've sold. The experience was rough and distressing. I didn't want to answer any questions.

All I can think is that I'm in handcuffs for some reason, did I break a law I wasn't aware of. If I answer a question wrong I end up in a jump suit.

Turns out, I didn't break any laws. They want me to give them information that I didn't have. I almost had a heart attack. I walked out an hour later with my rifle.

What the bloody hell was that. Is this how we threat citizens when political fortunes are on the line. It took me a week before I had the nerve to post on this site. I use be mad at people who refused to sell to cook county residents. Now I understand, its not worth it.

How native was I, be-careful. FTF is hard enough without having to worry about bogus stings.
We aren't lawyers, but we know a few, and this stinks to high heaven. Almost entrapment by "suggesting" the transfer take place in Oak Park. After numerous refusals to sell the weapon to a known Domestic Battery offender, insisting and raising the offer? This badgering wouldn't stand up in any real courtroom - of course, they took him to Maywood, so who knows what would have been lied about over there.

Doesn't Dart have some puppies to rescue rather than putting millions of taxpayer dollars at risk on a "sting" that doesn't even pass the smell test?

my hat is off to anyone who has served or is currently serving our country.....God bless you..you're friends and family included.

for the latest chitown headlines, check here:
http://secondcitycop.blogspot.com/

NRA - member for life

Last edited by Mack Bolan; 03-15-2013 at 06:17 PM.
People Like This 
Old 03-15-2013, 11:31 PM   #7

Liked 2057 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Can never trust the government ever again

Old 03-15-2013, 11:34 PM   #8

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

I haven't trusted the government since Klinton.

Old 03-16-2013, 01:43 PM   #9

Liked 982 Times on 648 Posts
Likes Given: 630

Quote:
Damn.
Here in ca.
to sell a firearm you must go through a dealer.
IF, if I were to sell something,
or buy,
You better believe I will go through a dealer.
TOO much to lose if you are caught in some sting.
Agreed. I wouldn't do a FTF for any reason. $25 to transfer properly is cheap insurance.

Old 03-16-2013, 02:16 PM   #10

Liked 116 Times on 60 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrior1256 View Post
I haven't trusted the government since Klinton.
It's been a whole lot longer than that for me.