Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Aerosmith leader Joe Perry talks 'Sons of Guns,' classic firearms, defending the Seco

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 12:55 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Aerosmith leader Joe Perry talks 'Sons of Guns,' classic firearms, defending the Seco

http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2012/09/21/aerosmith-leader-joe-perry-talks-ons-guns-classic-firearms-defending-second/?intcmp=features

Perry – who recently referred to himself as a “definite old-school Republican” – also noted that he would like to see some “continuity” in terms of gun laws from state to state.

“It seems ridiculous that you can be in one state with your driver’s license and buy a firearm, and then in the next state it is totally illegal,” he continued. “There are real problems to that, but as soon as you bring up the subject and say ‘gun control’ it sets a red flag. It is definitely a difficult issue, and the bottom line is the Constitution is what it is, and I stand by everything that is in it. Right now, some of the statistics show that some of the safest places in the country are places where law-abiding citizens are allowed to have firearms, and the crime rates are low.”

And while “not messing with the Constitution” is deeply important to Perry as we head into another Presidential election, the rocker said that there are other concerns that are more urgent.

“Getting the economy back, getting jobs back and making this country strong again,” he added. “That should be the focal point, if people are out of jobs and the government is putting people on welfare it is going the wrong way.”

Danielle Jones-Wesley contributed to this report.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 09-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5465 Times on 3098 Posts
Likes Given: 4742

Old school Republicans are exactly what we need today.

We need to have a new government that is business friendly, and will take the shackles off of the people who CREATE good paying jobs.

We need a government that respects individualism and individual freedom.

We need a federal government that respects state's rights.

In short, we need to prevent the extreme left and the extreme right from taking over our government.

In other words, conservative, but not radical, old school Republicans

Golda Meier.
People Like This 
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5455 Times on 2847 Posts
Likes Given: 350

if a drug addled burned out hippy gets it why is it so hard for the half of the country to not get it??

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 09-22-2012, 05:29 AM   #4

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

No sh** !!!!!!!!!!!!

”You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass.”
~Admiral Isoroku Yamamoto

Old 09-24-2012, 03:05 PM   #5

Liked 163 Times on 115 Posts
Likes Given: 260

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
if a drug addled burned out hippy gets it why is it so hard for the half of the country to not get it??
+1

I saw the show of SOG and really liked Aerosmith back in the day. You can see the damage done by his lifestyle, yet he gets it. I mean he understands gun safety, the need for guns to keep the public safe, and the fact that those who remain dependent on the Government freebies are not good for this Country, and the simple fact that the Constitution should not be gooked up with butt heads trying to enforce their interpretation of it.

Don't question my right to own a gun and I won't question your stupidity not to.

You give Peace a chance, we will cover you if it doesn't work out.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:11 PM   #6
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

Because it is a lesson called Common Sense 101 and it is not taught in some Ivy League School.

It is taught when you walk out the front door to take care of yourself and family and do not rely on someone else to do it for you.

It is taught to us by those that grew up in the hard times like my Grand Parents and Parents. Just like I taught my kids. If you want something in this world, get off your a$$ and earn it.

Sorry about the rant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonM View Post
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #7

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
Because it is a lesson called Common Sense 101 and it is not taught in some Ivy League School.

It is taught when you walk out the front door to take care of yourself and family and do not rely on someone else to do it for you.

It is taught to us by those that grew up in the hard times like my Grand Parents and Parents. Just like I taught my kids. If you want something in this world, get off your a$$ and earn it.

Sorry about the rant.
No need to be sorry if it's true.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-25-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1340 Times on 792 Posts
Likes Given: 3358

It is so true!

Unfortunately those of us that have it are out numbered by those that do not by at least 100 to 1.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garadex View Post
No need to be sorry if it's true.
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 09-25-2012, 06:02 PM   #9

Liked 225 Times on 176 Posts
Likes Given: 228

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDS92A View Post
It is so true!

Unfortunately those of us that have it are out numbered by those that do not by at least 100 to 1.
Alas it is very sad.

I'm gonna stop you right there, you just said an AR-15 is a high-powered rifle. It is obvious you don't know anything about guns and I shall ignore anything you say from this point on.

Old 09-25-2012, 06:26 PM   #10

Liked 1414 Times on 844 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Deleted by sender for ignorance.

NEVER FORGET