Administration is proposing new executive actions on gun background checks - Page 5
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Administration is proposing new executive actions on gun background checks

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #41
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1361 Times on 691 Posts
Likes Given: 1015

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardiacColt68 View Post
It sounds innocent on the surface, but that group, and their allies have shown a propensity to lie and change or add new items into bills at a later date. I don't believe a thing spoken by the President or any members in Gov't. Particularly those with a Capital 'D' before or after their name.

^^^^This X 100.

Politicians are professional liars. They will sugarcoat any message if they think it will facilitate their goal. And the goal of the leftists is to achieve, at the least, a British-style gun control...although true Nirvana to them would be total confiscation.

I don't want homicidal psychopaths to have access to firearms. Nobody does. But nothing this administration does is as simple or innocuous as it sounds. There's always a catch.
Old 01-05-2014, 07:38 PM   #42
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7point62 View Post
^^^^This X 100.

Politicians are professional liars. They will sugarcoat any message if they think it will facilitate their goal. And the goal of the leftists is to achieve, at the least, a British-style gun control...although true Nirvana to them would be total confiscation.

I don't want homicidal psychopaths to have access to firearms. Nobody does. But nothing this administration does is as simple or innocuous as it sounds. There's always a catch.
personally, i would rather suffer what few crazy people that have guns than to restrict further the rights of LAC's. i would rather see a repeal of some of the restrictive gun laws and some of the stupid bans and restrictions and allow people the ability to protect themselves from the few mentally unstable people who would want to inflict violence upon others.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:21 PM   #43

Liked 573 Times on 324 Posts
Likes Given: 722

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
personally, i would rather suffer what few crazy people that have guns than to restrict further the rights of LAC's. i would rather see a repeal of some of the restrictive gun laws and some of the stupid bans and restrictions and allow people the ability to protect themselves from the few mentally unstable people who would want to inflict violence upon others.
I agree with this. But at the same time the politicians take away our rights they are also taking away our right of choice. This will never change.

~ Holsters ~

Never forget these important words:
We the People...
America, take back your country!

Old 01-05-2014, 11:21 PM   #44
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 288 Times on 181 Posts
Likes Given: 307

Quote:
Originally Posted by SB777 View Post
I believe liberalism could be considered a mental disorder and therefore, as far as I'm concerned this could be a good thing: "One proposed rule change aims to clarify terminology used by federal law to prohibit people from purchasing a firearm for mental health reasons."
I said it before, now here's some backup:

http://www.youtube.com/embed/FeTCkoXslsE?rel=0

"To sit back hoping that someday, someway, someone will make things right is to go on feeding the crocodile, hoping he will eat you last--but eat you he will."

Ronald Reagan

Old 01-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #45

Liked 1396 Times on 730 Posts
Likes Given: 1932

Even with the benefit of misleading "facts", the claims of 70-90% support for further background checks are false.

http://crimepreventionresearchcenter.org/2013/12/remember-those-claims-that-80-to-90-of-americans-wanted-the-senate-background-check-bill-to-pass-well-it-was-clearly-wrong/

C.S.S.A.; N.F.A.; N.R.A. Life Member
Make the world a better place; have your liberal spayed or neutered.

Last edited by Rocky7; 01-06-2014 at 01:56 PM.

Old 01-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #46
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1863 Times on 1278 Posts
Likes Given: 689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
please provide some proof or evidence that being prescribed Valiums by a doctor will keep you from getting a job. sounds like a bunch of hogwash unless you have something that supports that comment.

actually most of here do know what Holder's intentions are and whose puppet he is.
Not worth the effort. You are putting words in my mouth. Why should I research your delusions?

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety - Plato

Old 01-06-2014, 10:53 PM   #47
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 21723 Times on 12313 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by John_Deer View Post
Not worth the effort. You are putting words in my mouth. Why should I research your delusions?
at what point did i put words in your mouth? i simply asked a question based on the comment you made. if you are unable to support such comments, maybe if would be better to not say them in the first place. just saying!