Administration announces new gun control measures
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Administration announces new gun control measures

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2013, 04:29 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2058 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

Default Administration announces new gun control measures

Administration announces new gun control measures, targets military surplus imports

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/08/29/obama-announces-new-gun-control-measures-targets-military-surplus-imports/

The Obama administration unexpectedly announced two new gun control measures on Thursday, including one that would curb the import of military surplus weapons -- in a move that could anger collectors.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #2

Liked 535 Times on 362 Posts

What the f*** can't they just leave us alone. worry about our jobs and economy instead .mad.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:45 PM   #3
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1367 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

Yeah, we are all watching what the SFB is going to do about Syria and he inturns does this by Executive Order. Somebody needs to teach him that E.O.'s are only for used for laws and or actions that are already on the books that are not being acted on.

How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-29-2013, 04:49 PM   #4

Liked 397 Times on 258 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I've heard the sale of once fired military brass to civilian buyers has been prohibited too. Instead, it'll be shredded.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:51 PM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2234 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 3454

Yep, O'Bummer will do what he can to restrict guns while pandering to the criminal element. The BATFE will simply cite the "sporting purposes" clause of the GCA 1968 and ban them from import. The BATFE under Reagan, Bush I and Clinton did just that.

BTW: Congress has had 45 years to correct the damn GCA 1968 and they have done nothing.

Old 08-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #6
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2234 Times on 1217 Posts
Likes Given: 3454

Quote:
he inturns does this by Executive Order
There is no "executive order"; it's an administrative function of the BATFE: They call it an "executive action".

Old 08-29-2013, 04:57 PM   #7

Liked 229 Times on 141 Posts

I heard he also is prohibiting firearms being registered undera company or trust. Guess that means no more NFA trusts

Old 08-29-2013, 04:58 PM   #8
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1367 Times on 805 Posts
Likes Given: 3446

I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alsaqr View Post
There is no "executive order"; it's an administrative function of the BATFE: They call it an "executive action".
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 08-29-2013, 05:30 PM   #9
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 5913 Times on 3086 Posts
Likes Given: 415

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstrong View Post
I heard he also is prohibiting firearms being registered undera company or trust. Guess that means no more NFA trusts
not true

they are requiring all people named in the trust to go through the same check as the trustee. no one is being denied under the trust, other than felons. which is what shoulda been happening already... thats the only thing i agree with.

"Gun control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound." — L. Neil Smith

The problem with being stupid is you cannot simply decide to stop doing dumb things...

People Like This 
Old 08-29-2013, 05:51 PM   #10

Liked 204 Times on 132 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Here is how AP covered the story. One good thing about these executive actions is that they can be overturned by later administrations. BTW, the shredded military brass is an old non-story. That practice was dropped after Max Baucus had a talk with the Defense Guys.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/ap-exclusive-obama-offers-new-gun-control-steps