Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > additional fees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-18-2012, 11:22 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Default additional fees

Can someone tell me the other fees besides the ffl fee that are in florida or atleast help me with finding somewhere that tells me thank u in advance.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 06-18-2012, 11:26 PM   #2
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 20073 Times on 11419 Posts
Likes Given: 50632

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGunLover View Post
Can someone tell me the other fees besides the ffl fee that are in florida or atleast help me with finding somewhere that tells me thank u in advance.
i am not familiar with the fees associated with FL gun transfers. hopefully someone from FL will chime in and give some input. you might try a few gun stores in your area and see what they charge as normal fees.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:31 PM   #3
FTF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 8448 Times on 3666 Posts
Likes Given: 1301

OK- your communciation skills need work. FEES FOR WHAT?

Now, making an assumption that you need a FFL to recieve a firearm for you- go to gunbroker.com. On their home page left sides, under the green bar that says "areas of interest" is a "find a FFL" function. Click on that, enter your zip code, and it will pull up ffls in your area that have rgistered as being willing to act as a transfer dealer. Most have what they charge listed.

<--- Your Moderators at our weekly Troll Hunt

Old 06-18-2012, 11:40 PM   #4

Ok I already know there will be an ffl fee that not what I asked I'm just asking in general if there are other fees I will need to pay (not including tax)

Old 06-18-2012, 11:50 PM   #5
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2241 Times on 1122 Posts
Likes Given: 1150

Usually when you buy a weapon from Gun Broker or a dealer out of state. You * pay them for the weapon and *shipping costs. You will need to find an FFL source in your state and area to receive it for you. The Companies or Dealers must exchange FFLs first. Then when the weapon arrives at your designated dealer's location and you go to pick it up. The dealer who received it for you will do the transfer usually *charging you $25-$50 for the transfer. You fill out the Federal Form and answer the questions and they will do your records check and you are on your way. Unless, there is a waiting period in your area. If so you would need to return after that period and pick the weapon up. But there are no additional charges or cost that I know of!

The Constitution is not an instrument for the Government to restrain the people. It is an instrument for the people to restrain the Government!
*Patrick Henry

Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom."

-- John F. Kennedy

Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #6

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Sometimes the FFL will charge a NICS fee (that's your background check) but if varies from FFL to FFL. Usually your pawnshops, home based dealers will be lower. The FFL holders of brick and motar gun shops want you to buy there and some can charge upwards of $200(just seen a dealer on the fflonly forum do that) so it varies to say the least.

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 06-18-2012, 11:56 PM   #7

Thanks and yea in florida we have a cool down period of only 3 days

Old 06-19-2012, 12:43 AM   #8
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2666 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

Okay, here goes....

You want me to order a firearm that my supplier has listed for $300.
In my county, add 7.5% sales tax on the firearm ($300 + 22.50 = 322.50)
My supplier charges me for shipping (2nd day) and for the fun of it, say it costs $45.00 ($300 + $45 = $345.00)
My supplier charges me an additional 3% for credit card ($345 + $10.35 = $355.35)
My transfer fee is $20.00 for NICS check and other expenses I have.

So, let's add up
$300.00 + $22.50 + $45.00 + $10.35 + $20.00 = $397.85

Now because I'm doing you a favor and charging only 5% ($19.89) on the deal, add that to the 397.85, your total cost would be $417.74

I have to make 10 such sales a day to make it as a firearms sales shop only.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

therewolf Likes This 
Old 06-19-2012, 03:18 AM   #9

Thanks now I know a ball park of what I'm going to pay

Old 06-19-2012, 09:33 AM   #10
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2666 Times on 1552 Posts
Likes Given: 1184

If you noticed, by going rock bottom on my prices, I am not making a good living.

If I had to rely on sales only, I would be closing shop. This would make me no longer available to you, and you would have to deal with other dealers who charge more.

By supporting the local LGS, the money spent stays in the local economy, you have a source who is willing to help you, and he/she can support his/her family.

Always put yourself into the local LGS shoes. Consider how much you would have to get from the deal to make it worth your while. (like a waiter in a local restaurant, the local LGS knows who the better customers are.)

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)