Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Adam Kokesh in the news again. July 4th rally? (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/adam-kokesh-news-again-july-4th-rally-93684/)

eatmydust 07-10-2013 11:21 AM

Adam Kokesh in the news again. July 4th rally?

The poster boy for how not to attract citizens to your cause has popped up in the news again, after getting arrested for loading a shotgun in Washington D.C. on July 4th.

I'll have to say, that he has a strong conviction (no pun) about 2A.

I've always said that to be #1 in your field, you have to have an obsession for your chosen endeavor.

I think he's part idiot/part patriot, and I wish him the best!

kbd512 07-10-2013 11:33 AM

The problem with Kokesh is that he actually believes in morality and constitutionality and nobody in the government is interested in either of those two things, just legality.

Mason609 07-11-2013 03:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kbd512 (Post 1300344)
The problem with Kokesh is that he actually believes in morality and constitutionality and nobody in the government is interested in either of those two things, just legality.

Wait, the government is interested in legality? When did this happen?

towboater 07-11-2013 04:25 AM

He has been arrested. Possession of a mushroom. Google it.

AR10 07-11-2013 08:15 AM

This guy is an attention seeker. Somewhat of a college boy not grown up yet. His ten years or more for in a fed facility should mature him some. The drugs they found, should not come as a shock, he just got out of jail for resisting arrest at a drug protest.

He is a rich kid, well to do parents. He pulls down a paycheck from a Russian news service, which seems odd. How many of us cash Russian paychecks to heckle the US gov? He spends less time reporting the news, than he does manifesting news.

As for being a 2nd Amendment supporter, with friends like that, who needs enemas?

Lock him up, or send the dipstick to where his paychecks come from, and let him instigate problems over there.

Had his march on Washington come off as planned, that could have been a big tipping point to start the repeal of the 2Nd Amendment. We are allowed to keep guns, because we behave with them. If we show ourselves ti be an out of control mob, big brother will fight back.

Enjoy your three hots and a cot, Adam, on my tax dollars, all because you are pinball machine on TILT !

7point62 07-11-2013 11:32 AM

I'd like somebody with a better track record to be my gun-rights poster child. Kokesh is a notorious grand-stander and opportunist, just unbalanced enough to come gift-wrapped to the Leftist Media. If you can't manage even an Honorable Discharge (I mean how hard is that?) then don't look to me for support.

Rocky7 07-11-2013 08:12 PM

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/activist-adam-kokesh-reportedly-arrested-in-herndon/2013/07/10/73dbc8c2-e943-11e2-8f22-de4bd2a2bd39_story.html

alsaqr 07-11-2013 09:18 PM

The U. S. Park Police, not the DC police, are responsible for security of the area where Kokesh pulled off his latest stunt. Looks like the bad boy will be charged with some federal crimes.

Quote:

Smith would say only that her agency executed a search warrant at a Snowflake Court home about 7:45 p.m. Tuesday, looking for an unspecified weapon. The agency is responsible for policing Freedom Plaza, the park a few blocks from the White House where Kokesh filmed his video.

Tackleberry1 07-11-2013 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AR10 (Post 1301279)
We are allowed to keep guns, because we behave with them. If we show ourselves to be an out of control mob, big brother will fight back.

I'm sorry AR10... while I agreed with most of your post... you lost me with ^^this^^.

We are "allowed" to keep our guns? By whom? Our benevolent "would be" dictator?

I keep my guns because I have a Constitutional Right to do so... and the Constitution, along with Natural Law... is the only "law" I recognize.

Big Brother will fight back? Against what? The Constitution?

If Big Brother want's our guns there is a Legal and Constitutional method to take them... It's called the Constitutional Amendment Process.

Any other attempt using any other logic, method, or reasoning would be Treason committed by the US Government against the US Citizen.

...and the 2nd Amendment would finally be used for it's intended purpose which was quite clearly stated by our founding fathers.

...and don't worry my friend... should Barak "Huggie Bear" Obama ever get so bold, we've got his thugs outnumbered 100 to 1. ;)

Tack

Tackleberry1 07-11-2013 09:45 PM

One of the comments below the video claim that it's a computer effect... that he's not actually standing in that particular park... that the video was shot in front of a blue screen with the background edited in.

I hope he's that smart... if he is he'll have grounds for a nice settlement courtesy of the DC Park Police... or should I say DC Park Gestapo?

Tack