Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > Activism is No. 1

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-07-2011, 10:34 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1416 Times on 808 Posts
Likes Given: 1290

Activism is NOT your right, its your DUTY!

Or just let Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid do your bidding.
anp.jpg  

http://i1060.photobucket.com/albums/...ps18cfbeae.jpg

Get her dirty, then clean her so she starts to respect you. When her trust is complete, she will serve you well for a lifetime!

"...if doves shot back, there wouldn't be a need for a bag limit."
- orangello

Last edited by canebrake; 02-07-2011 at 10:53 PM. Reason: Jebus guys, lightin' up!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:45 PM   #12

Cane are you trying to scare everyone with these pictures?????

What the F*** happened to Life?????

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Old 02-07-2011, 10:50 PM   #13
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Dammit, Cane, what the hell's the matter with you?! OK, so much for a thought-provoking comment from your's truly.

I'll give it a shot anyway.

kilogulf is right: We absolutely must keep on everyone in elected office, particularly at the local level. Call, write, show up to town meetings, participate in petitions, and hang with your local Tea Party folks. You'll learn a lot and help get the message across.

That said, it is more important now than ever to take stock of what the constitution says versus what's really going on. The more you read and the more you pay attention, the less things line up. If you're anything like me, you'll come to a really nasty conclusion that'll make the hair on the back of your neck stand up: this is all a colossal farce.

Here's an article showing how five unelected individuals can and often do overrule the will of the people and decide the meaning and applicability of the foundational document of American civil government.

Yes, by all means, get out and participate. But pay attention. Become acquainted with your town's bylaws and your state's constitution and don't be shy about calling out overzealous local idiot politicians who overstep their authority. Something tells me this can only be fixed when people fix government at the local level first.

Old 02-08-2011, 12:11 AM   #14
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1174 Times on 510 Posts
Likes Given: 2978

Excellent article BKT. It's true and it's a crying shame.

“If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that ye were our countrymen.”Samuel Adams

Old 02-08-2011, 12:27 AM   #15

I can't wait to vote for the first time in 2012 then! I've already been paying attention and been to one town hall meeting. I'm going to register to vote soon.

Old 02-08-2011, 01:46 PM   #16

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Folks,

On my Facebook Page I am constantly posting notices where we can contact our legislators...I also post how to contact them easily.

As an example, the so-called Patriot Act is up for renewal..."they" are trying to keep this quite and push it through as it simply empowers "them" against us.

Here my letter and the link from where I sent it to all three of my stooges...

Gentlemen,

The bottom line is we do not want the so-called Patriot Act. The USA is (was?) a free country until we started giving away our rights and freedoms for a false sense of security.

The so-called Patriot Act does nothing to secure us, it simply empowers our government to control us - get rid of the Patriot Act!

I can assure you, we will be watching our elected officials vigilantly, from now on, to make certain they do represent our wishes. Need I point out the upshot for many from the last election who voted against the “Will of the People”?
You can get them all with the NRA/ILA's site...remember to un-check the President's name at the list top unless you want to sent to him...http://www.capwiz.com/nra/dbq/officials/

Anyone need help doing this just contact me and I'll walk you through it.
---------------------------------------------------------
Tomoko,

You have the right attitude ma'am.

The other day, I was just talking about the raw deal the west-coast Issei, Nisei, and Sansei received during WWII. I had friends whose parents and grandparents were at a camp in Arizona.

FDR approved the internment camps against the FBI's and Army's wishes. That was pushed big-time by....the California and Oregon politicians...Even old J. Edgar said it was wrong and there's no evidence to support the claims, they're American as anyone else. The California politician at the head of that movement was none other than future Chief Justice of the United States Supreme Court, Earl Warren...another so-called liberal Democrat Tomoko.

Tomoko the entire incident is a complete disgrace to the USA and to compound the problem was the handling of the reparations. Ironically, the most highly decorated unit in the US Army was and still is the 442nd Regimental Combat Team, all Americans of Japanese decent, and among the many medals for valor are 21 Medals of Honor!

Anyway, with knowledge of history and some intelligence you can make a difference and see that a disgraceful act of this nature never happens again. Believe me Tomoko it will be attempted again, not against a race or culture but against freemen, thinking men, ones who won’t conform to the “New World Order”...because “they” know what’s best for us.

Tomoko by being activists and maintaining our 2nd Amendment rights we all preclude that dramatic step from occurring. Just don’t let your guard down for a minute. Remember “It’s YOUR government!”…rule it or be ruled.

"REMEMBER – What works for you may not, necessarily, work for me. Keep an open mind!"

Old 02-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #17

Liked 2056 Times on 827 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I'll post this again, sense it fits the bill.

There are different types of gun owners.

Not all gun owners think alike, some are almost as much anti gun as osamaobama.

We have someplace around 85 million gun owners as of right now, and they are so divers that we gun owners cannot depend on each others for support of pro gun measures nor even who they will vote for.

It’s hard to pin down just what each type of gun owner supports but I will list the common types here that I know we have.

1. The shotgun owner. (Believes that only shot guns should be legal)
2. The hunter. (Believes that only guns made for hunting should be legal) aka bolt action rifles, and double-barreled shotguns.
3. The Black Powder shooter, (Believes that only black powder rifles and pistols are covered under the 2A.)
4. The limited, (Believes that there should be limits on types of guns owned) aka Revolvers for home protection, Hunting rifles and shotguns.
5. The licensed, (Believes most common guns are ok but they and their owners should be licensed.)
6. The Elite, (Believes that only they posses the right to own guns)
7. The semi-auto, (Believes semi-auto’s are ok as long as they don’t look like assault weapons)
8. The all butt, (Believes any gun should be legal to own butt High powered sniper rifles) aka The .50 cal Barrett
9. The safe stored, (Believes it’s ok to own guns as long as they are kept in a government approved storage facility)
10. The Real Patriots, (Believes that anyone should be able to own any type of weapon they choose)

This list is but the few beliefs in gun ownership that I actually have run into. So they are not just wishful thinking on my part, these types of people actually do exist. Some are a mix and match from the list like, someone who believes that it is ok to own black powder rifles, and normal shot guns for hunting, or The Semi-auto as long as they are registered.

There are variations of any of the listed categories. Even in the membership of the NRA there are such a wide variety of beliefs that we cannot even get an absolute consensus of what to support. Most every group listed above says they support the 2A, but most believe that there should be some form of restriction placed on either the type or amounts of firearms, and ammo that we should be allowed to own.

The 2A is unconditional, not one anti-gun law was ever passed up until after the civil war where (democratic) whites wanted to keep the former slaves from owning guns. Then the ball started rolling and we just got it shoved deeper and harder through out the years.

The main push right now should be to bring all gun owners and Second Amendment supporters together as one voice that is very loud and clear. The need for every gun owner to understand that any threat to gun rights is a threat to all gun rights.

opaww

Old 02-08-2011, 03:04 PM   #18

Liked 3734 Times on 1824 Posts
Likes Given: 13269

Well said folks and thanks for the posts and info

Member: NRA GOA

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
Est sularas oth mithas

"either way, you were guilty by association, so you were smited...." JD

Old 02-09-2011, 07:06 PM   #19

Liked 2442 Times on 1391 Posts
Likes Given: 1910

My New Year's Resolution is to stop arguing with the Antis, and start trying to

get gun owners in our "silent majority" involved.

Our NRA membership count should be closer to 40-45 MILLION, as opposed to the paltry 4 Million it is today.

Simple math shows a 1:20 to 1:25 ratio of activists:nonactivist gun supporters.

Can you just imagine if we multiplied our political voice 20 fold?

Old 02-09-2011, 09:07 PM   #20
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by therewolf View Post
My New Year's Resolution is to stop arguing with the Antis, and start trying to

get gun owners in our "silent majority" involved.

Our NRA membership count should be closer to 40-45 MILLION, as opposed to the paltry 4 Million it is today.

Simple math shows a 1:20 to 1:25 ratio of activists:nonactivist gun supporters.

Can you just imagine if we multiplied our political voice 20 fold?
I won't rejoin the NRA 'til they stop playing politics and start being principled. I'll go with GOA instead.