Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   Accessories (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/accessories-81018/)

rferguson61 01-11-2013 08:27 PM

Accessories
 
So with the likelihood of the imposing gun ban one question/concern comes to mind. They can't ban accessories for ARs can they? (With the exception of high capacity mags) Technically the lower is the only part that is considered a weapon. Uppers don't have to be registered, nor do any parts that you put on it. And if they did somehow ban them they would essentially be closing down businesses therefore eliminating jobs.

Mosin 01-11-2013 08:35 PM

They might not ban accessories, but they don't have to. Look at SBRs. The stock is not illegal, putting one on the gun is.

rferguson61 01-12-2013 07:52 AM

Which will in turn drive demand through the floor causing lay offs. The thing that mashes me the more irritated is an AR wasn't used in Connecticut. It was in his trunk. I despise politicians hidden agendas. Especially when it goes against our rights and freedoms.

sputnik1988 01-12-2013 10:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rferguson61 (Post 1090366)
Which will in turn drive demand through the floor causing lay offs. The thing that mashes me the more irritated is an AR wasn't used in Connecticut. It was in his trunk. I despise politicians hidden agendas. Especially when it goes against our rights and freedoms.

As you said, there was no rifle in the Connecticut shooting. There also was no rifle used in Tucson. Only 2 people were killed by the mall shooter with a rifle, McVeigh didn't use a gun and Columbine happened under the AWB.


But all those facts don't further thier agenda.

rferguson61 01-13-2013 08:28 AM

Exactly. And the dumbest part is that its not going to stop the criminals...only the law abiding citizens who help stop spree shooters with less casualties than waiting for authorities to show. Its a freaking joke.

sniper762 01-13-2013 05:44 PM

yes.........a bushmaster ar15 WAS recovered next to the dead shooter's body and the kid's bodies showed multiple 5.56/223 bullet wounds. the gun recovered from the car was a shotgun. im not an advocate of the gun ban, but facts are facts

lopequa 01-13-2013 05:49 PM

Thaw facts are there is a news clip of a cop clearing a ar15 form the trunk of the car. Look it up its on YouTube.

firedawg60 01-13-2013 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sniper762 (Post 1092028)
yes.........a bushmaster ar15 WAS recovered next to the dead shooter's body and the kid's bodies showed multiple 5.56/223 bullet wounds. the gun recovered from the car was a shotgun. im not an advocate of the gun ban, but facts are facts

But really, what are the facts? :eek: The media has this totally screwed up. And I think that's the way the admin wants it to be so it can fit the agenda. Sorry, I can't buy there was a rifle found in the school.

sniper762 01-13-2013 06:05 PM

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323297104578179271453737596.html

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/22/newtown-shooting-new-details_n_2351594.html

sniper762 01-13-2013 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lopequa (Post 1092032)
Thaw facts are there is a news clip of a cop clearing a ar15 form the trunk of the car. Look it up its on YouTube.

look at the clip closely..........its a pistol gripped shotgun


All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 PM.

Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.