99 Percent Declaration - Redistribution of Wealth - Page 4
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 99 Percent Declaration - Redistribution of Wealth

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 360 Times on 224 Posts
Likes Given: 167

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkt View Post
I'm in New York and I have a bunch of 30-round AR mags. No problem - perfectly legal. (No, I'm not a LEO or otherwise working for the government.)
Manufactured before 94. I think that's the requirement or did it change?

"Regardless of whether justified of not, you will feel sad about killing another human being. It is better to be sad than to be room temperature." - Joe B Fricks.

Member:
01 FFL, GOFFA, NRA, GOA, IAVA, VFW, ABATE of Iowa D15.

Old 11-02-2011, 03:06 AM   #32

I'm not a radical or any of that. I think things need to change, and the kind of change that needs to happen isn't gonna happen by camping out and singing songs about peace. Don't think I'm gonna be the one throwing rocks through windows, I have a family.

Old 11-02-2011, 07:29 AM   #33

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by gutz47 View Post
Id rather be a criminal
Many in California are. When I go to the big Crossroads Of The West Show here at the Fairgrounds, at least 30% of the plates on the cars are from California. They drive in from the Los Angeles area. Many purchase Hi-Cap magazines here at the shows, then make the 6 hour drive back to L.A.

I've even heard of some who come with self addressed boxes all ready to go. They buy the magazines, pack them up, and drop them off at one of those "Mail Boxes" places, and have them shipped to their home so they don't risk carrying the contraband back home with them if they get stopped after they cross the Arizona / California border. One of these days they're going to get stopped in the parking lot. The ATF is all over those shows, and if the patrons of the show know this is going on, you can bet they do as well. I'm sure the black market for Hi-Cap magazines in California is quite lucrative. As long as you don't get caught.

Old 11-02-2011, 08:51 AM   #34
bkt

Liked 1305 Times on 664 Posts
Likes Given: 151

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado113 View Post
Manufactured before 94. I think that's the requirement or did it change?
That's correct.

Old 11-02-2011, 09:05 AM   #35

Liked 157 Times on 108 Posts
Likes Given: 119

Quote:
Originally Posted by 91whiskey View Post
Term limits I can agree with.
Remember, term limits work both ways. In today's liberal, volatile political climate, they could and would work severely against gun owners, simply because we would constantly be forced to police every politician who was coming up for election, much more so than we do now. Now, if a pro gun politician is an established incumbent, his reelection is far easier. Look at all of our incumbent, pro gun Congressmen and Senators. Would you want to go through the nail biting and worrying every time their term was up, and some anti gun Democrat was running for the avaliable seat he or she was leaving?

No, not me. I'll keep things the way they are, including the Electoral College. Without it we would wind up with big city liberal government controlling everything. Think about it. That would be anything but an improvement. With term limits the entire House and Senate could easily go anti gun in just a couple of elections, costing us precious gun rights we've fought decades to keep. Without the Electoral College big city liberal government would control the outcome of most major Presidential elections. Most of those districts are heavily liberal. As the old saying goes, watch what you wish for because you just might get it. Political change is good only if you benefit from it, not if you wind up throwing the baby out with the bathwater.