92% support universal background checks?
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 92% support universal background checks?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2014, 10:20 PM   #1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 195 Times on 127 Posts
Likes Given: 63

Default 92% support universal background checks?

A new poll suggests that 92% of gun owners support universal background checks. I do not. Just who were the gun owners polled? This seems fishy to me as it is very difficult to get 92% of the people to agree on anything.

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/211321-poll-most-gun-owners-support-universal-background-checks

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today - It's Free!

Are you a firearms enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Firearms Talk is owned and operated by fellow firearms enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information.

Join FirearmsTalk.com Today! - Click Here

Old 07-03-2014, 10:35 PM   #2
JTJ
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2110 Times on 1157 Posts
Likes Given: 630

More lies by the anti gun people. They believe if you keep telling the same lie over and over people will start to believe it. They probably had to scrape to find 100 Democrats that would admit to owning a gun.

Patron Member NRA
"I would not be an old man if I had not been an armed young man." JTJ
I am not older than dirt but the rocks were bigger and there were more of them when I was a kid.

People Like This 
Old 07-03-2014, 10:41 PM   #3
Supporting Member
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 779 Times on 572 Posts
Likes Given: 227

The poll was done with 100 of their friends. But, 8 didn't understand the question.

"...from my cold dead hands" Charlton Heston & NRA
"He which hath no stomach to this fight,/ Let him depart." Henry V

Last edited by 25-5; 07-03-2014 at 11:47 PM.
People Like This 
Old 07-03-2014, 11:49 PM   #4

Liked 1557 Times on 937 Posts
Likes Given: 357

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
More lies by the anti gun people. They believe if you keep telling the same lie over and over people will start to believe it. They probably had to scrape to find 100 Democrats that would admit to owning a gun.
Hey, I am a Democrat and I bet I own more guns than 9 out of 10 on posters on this forum. Nearly all of my Democrat friends own at least one. Get your head out of the sand.

Why is it that everyone who disagrees with you has to be a liar. Can no honest man disagree with you? Do you think that you have a monopoly on the truth?
Old 07-04-2014, 12:09 AM   #5
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 387 Times on 199 Posts
Likes Given: 757

It's a proven fact that 87% of statistics are made up.

Keep your powder dry boys.
Things are gonna get rough.

People Like This 
Old 07-04-2014, 12:12 AM   #6
McCool@email.com
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 7449 Times on 4067 Posts
Likes Given: 15329

No proof they were gun owners.

No offense and none taken

No offense and none taken (̿▀̿ ̿Ĺ̯̿̿▀̿ ̿)̄

People Like This 
Old 07-04-2014, 12:13 AM   #7
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 435 Times on 242 Posts
Likes Given: 888

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post
Hey, I am a Democrat and I bet I own more guns than 9 out of 10 on posters on this forum. Nearly all of my Democrat friends own at least one. Get your head out of the sand.

Why is it that everyone who disagrees with you has to be a liar. Can no honest man disagree with you? Do you think that you have a monopoly on the truth?
You're a democrat?!?!

I'm so sorry

Does "Shall not be infringed" not mean anything to you?!

People Like This 
Old 07-04-2014, 08:51 AM   #8
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 887 Times on 463 Posts
Likes Given: 467

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chainfire View Post

Of course not, but Obama and the Democrats do have a Monopoly on lies, deceit, manipulation of the truth and violations to the Constitution.

Liberals and Supporters of the Second, an Oxymoron if there ever was one.
Old 07-04-2014, 10:09 AM   #9
Retired
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2955 Times on 1704 Posts
Likes Given: 1271

That is the problem with polls.

Do a poll in an area where the sentiment is one way, forget that there are areas that go opposite of the poll, and claim 100% in favor.

Go to a ski resort in the middle of winter with a poll to ban snow, and you get 100% against.

Amendment II:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

Life Member NRA
Life Member NAHC
Former President of the ECPT (Eifel Combat Pistol Team)

People Like This 
Old 07-04-2014, 10:33 AM   #10
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 6324 Times on 3155 Posts
Likes Given: 6805

Quote:
Go to a ski resort in the middle of winter with a poll to ban snow, and you get 100% against.
Funny you should mention that, as a skier, I can tell you about 30% of those at that resort wish the snow would go away even if it makes no sense! The owners and their professional staff wish for the end of the snow once the paying tickets dwindle and only a few dedicated pass holders are coming. Dont forget about those moping in the ski chalet that really dont enjoy skiing like their parents would like them too (who forced them to come for the free lessons, both of my sisters about 50 years ago). Lots of the worker bees actually are kids that dont want to work but are forced to by their parents. I say this cause thats exactly how polls like this get traction even when they are wrong. They ask the skiers out on the slope obviously enjoying themselves and 100% of them want more snow. You could easily get the same reaction if you polled members of specific hunting clubs even if they dont really speak for anywhere near 100% of those who exercise their 2A rights.

100% of Gun-owners were not surveyed obviously, my guess is <1% were and they were from very targeted audiences. That poll is as screwed as my deck! I dont think Ive ever been in the 8% bracket on any poll in my life, Im pretty sure thats not the case here as well.

I absolutely dont believe Mandatory BCG's are Constitutional even if they did work and its proven that they dont. As a citizen of this Nation, I dont need to prove to anyone Im not a risk to myself or others to exercise my BOR's. Thats just not in the Constitution and only a fool would read that into it FOOG. Whats even more Phucked up is the list of those banned from their Rights is not a public document that all can see and refute if its BS.

Using the same logic with other statistically significant things used to kill and maim, how is it we feel any better about loonies getting permission to drive a car, buy a set of steak knives or pilot a boat than own a gun? Really, cars kill/ injure more people in this country in one day than guns do in 365! We are suckers for sure, they are playing on our heart strings like the pros they are and were memorized by their incite-fullness like deer in the headlights!

Is there really any subject that 92% of any actual survey group in America would agree on? I cant imagine that...

Last edited by WebleyFosbery38; 07-04-2014 at 10:44 AM.
People Like This