Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 90 yo man who was shot by burglar, also now sued by burglar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 157 Times on 110 Posts
Likes Given: 171

This is what makes me ashamed of our country. How did we let our justice system go to ****?

Old 10-26-2012, 10:14 PM   #22

Liked 4516 Times on 2186 Posts
Likes Given: 1349

Ok...

Devils Advocate here...scumbags defense is that the encounter was a drug deal gone bad.

I'm not saying 90 YO is a dealer but that's the defense being mounted and as stated, the case is still underway.

There is big difference between a home invader suing the homeowner who shot him and a drug user shooting a dealer over a dispute.

Whether or not dirt bag #1 is convicted will tell us if we have an innocent home owner OR a dealer and that distinction will determine if a lawsuit is warranted.

Tack

Old 10-27-2012, 12:33 AM   #23
Dispossessed Mechwarrior.
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Location: Southern Alabama or Northern Florida, the jury is still out.
Liked 1338 Times on 791 Posts
Likes Given: 3322

Good point!

However, I am thinking that that information would have come to light as a viable defense than claiming that he was shot by the guy that he was robbing and trying to kill. It would have worked in his favor by giving up the drug dealer, which is want the LEOs want in the first place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tackleberry1 View Post
Ok...

Devils Advocate here...scumbags defense is that the encounter was a drug deal gone bad.

I'm not saying 90 YO is a dealer but that's the defense being mounted and as stated, the case is still underway.

There is big difference between a home invader suing the homeowner who shot him and a drug user shooting a dealer over a dispute.

Whether or not dirt bag #1 is convicted will tell us if we have an innocent home owner OR a dealer and that distinction will determine if a lawsuit is warranted.

Tack
How different the new order would be if we could consult the Veteran instead of the Politician - Henry Miller
The Soldier, above all other people, prays for peace, for he must suffer and bear the deepest wounds and scars of war. - Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Old 10-27-2012, 10:49 AM   #24
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 5616 Times on 2779 Posts
Likes Given: 5977

The Perp is claiming its a drug deal gone bad but I didnt hear the Police charge that. Im thinking that home invasion doesnt have a leg to stand on even if it was for drugs. If he was tied up, that means kidnapping also, more proof of a self defense shooting. Lawyers tend to cost the system more than defendants, it really doesnt matter right or wrong, lawyers accuse and the courts give them a place to chum their base salaries for bigger money and most really dont give a rats ass about the crime they are defending or prosecuting.

As far as I can see, the lessons learned by us non drug dealing potential victims are as follows-

1-Great locks and peepholes are our friend,
2-The Bathroom is a pretty good place to hide a piece (or 2), its also another good place for locks and a telephone.
3-If your convinced you should fire at the perp at least once, dont stop shooting till your gun is empty and your floor is crimson then quickly reload!
4- If your 91 and have a self defense posture, you should practice it on the shooting range more than occasionally.
5- Lawyers can be scumbags just like the POS people that they defend...