Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/)
-   Legal and Activism (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/)
-   -   90 yo man who was shot by burglar, also now sued by burglar (http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/f97/90-yo-man-who-shot-burglar-also-now-sued-burglar-75013/)

Overkill0084 10-25-2012 02:10 PM

90 yo man who was shot by burglar, also now sued by burglar

I don't even know where to begin:

http://www.marinij.com/rosskentfieldgreenbrae/ci_21837852/greenbrae-shooting-defendant-sues-90-year-old-man?source=most_viewed

Quote:

A 90-year-old Greenbrae man who was shot in the head during an alleged burglary has been sued by the alleged burglar. Samuel Cutrufelli, who was also shot during the incident, claims Jay Leone "negligently shot" him during the confrontation inside Leone's home. Cutrufelli, 31, claims Leone caused him "great bodily injury, and other financial damage, including loss of Mr. Cutrufelli's home, and also the dissolution of Mr. Cutrufelli's marriage."
Cutrufelli shot Leone once in the face during the alleged burglary, and Leone returned fire, hitting Cutrufelli several times. Both men were hospitalized for an extended period after the gun battle. Cutrufelli, whose charges include two counts of attempted murder against Leone, is near the end of his criminal trial. The negligence lawsuit was filed on his behalf by his father and his criminal defense attorney.Leone, reached at home Tuesday, said he was unaware of the lawsuit.
"He's the one who busted my door in," he said. "I'll just counter sue him then. That's what I'll need to do."
The incident occurred at about 10:45 a.m. Jan. 3 at Leone's home on Via La Cumbre. Authorities said Cutrufelli entered the home, put a gun to Leone's head, tied his hands with a belt and rummaged through his bedroom for valuables.
Leone said he was able to wriggle his hands free, then convinced the burglar to let him use the bathroom. Then he got one of the five handguns stashed in his
bathroom, sneaked back to the bedroom and spotted Cutrufelli in his closet. Cutrufelli allegedly fired his gun, hitting Leone in the jaw area, and Leone fired back. Cutrufelli then wrestled his gun away, put it to Leone's head and pulled the trigger, but no bullets were left in the gun. When police found Cutrufelli bleeding in his car a short distance from Leone's home, he said he had shot himself and needed medical attention, Twin Cities police said. Cutrufelli could face life in prison if convicted of the charges. His lawyer, Sanford Troy, said Cutrufelli is a methamphetamine user, that the incident was a drug deal gone sideways, and that Leone shot him in the back when he was trying to flee. Cutrufelli, a father of two, is a Petaluma resident with Novato roots.
"My victim shot me!" seems like an odd thing to sue for when the criminal trial is still underway.
The only negligence I see: This douche is still wasting oxygen.

rocshaman 10-25-2012 02:29 PM

What kind of scumbag lawyer would represent this whacko. Too bad the old man didn't kill him outright.

winds-of-change 10-25-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rocshaman (Post 989248)
What kind of scumbag lawyer would represent this whacko. Too bad the old man didn't kill him outright.

Exactly this.

I am amazed at how stupid some people can be. I have also heard of lawsuits like this where the criminal actually won.

JTJ 10-25-2012 02:34 PM

Another example of our screwed up justice system. Any judge in his right mind would dismiss the suit. The victim should include the lawyer in the counter suit.

Dillinger 10-25-2012 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ (Post 989252)
Another example of our screwed up justice system. Any judge in his right mind would dismiss the suit. The victim should include the lawyer in the counter suit.

Agreed.

And the lawyer should be put on trial before his peers for a review of his continued "licensed" work.

These types of guys are the ones that need to be sued into the poor house, or under it, for taking up valuable court time and putting countless people through more stress than most can handle. :mad:

rocshaman 10-25-2012 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JTJ

You're absolutely right, that bum of a lawyer ought to be just as accountable as the perp. There would be a lot less of these frivolous lawsuits if the attorneys had to go to jail along with their clients. It's always win/win for attorneys even if they lose the case.

JD1969 10-25-2012 04:15 PM

Utterly disgusting. Too bad the old man did not kill the MF'er. The "lawyer" needs to rot right along side his client, and any judge that does not dismiss this case needs to be barred from the bench.

jjfuller1 10-25-2012 05:11 PM

that is just INSANE.....i just pooped, peed and puked all over my clothes, who can i sue? levi?

astroman 10-25-2012 05:18 PM

Both the POS scumbag and the attorney need to have the everlovin F@CK beaten out of them then shot and sh!t on! That is the only justice that is appropriate. End of story. Yeah, kind of harsh..but well deserved. No further comment.

elfmdl 10-25-2012 05:27 PM

Shoot to kill