9 ways your firearm can be attacked in court - Page 5
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

9 ways your firearm can be attacked in court

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2013, 04:46 AM   #41
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282

I was talking about the PC crowd that forced the arrest. I know the police believed Zimmerman. I carry handloads in my carry gun. I trust myself more than some idiot running a machine at the factory, who may or may not have come to work with a hangover. If it doesn't go bang I got no one to blame but myself.
I definitely feel ya on the handloads, I wish i could do the same. And I agree the PC crowd was horrible. And it wasn't just the PC bunch. It was pushed from a federal level. The vicious attacks on him were nothing but courtroom showboating and media propaganda. The police knew the charge was never going to stick. The first judge knew too. But the feds wouldn't let it drop and the media egged it on to the point of excess.

Like I said earlier, its becoming more and more common for police to treat self defense issues the same way they treat a sex crime; just make the arrest regardless of "hard" evidence and let the courts sort it out later. Thank the biased cop hating media and the sue happy civil system for that one. If the agency files charges and the DA doesn't prosecute or the judge throws it out, the liability is then on the DA or judge and the agency can skate by in the public eye and in civil court.

This is more of a reason to study courtroom demeanor and know the law than to worry about how your equipment will be perceived. Actions are what you are judged by in self defense, not objects. It's a good idea to worry about what legal actions you can take to stop a threat and whether you will able to explain "why you did what you did." Worrying about the equipment you carry being brought up in court is a waste of brain space.

If you can coherently demonstrate that you feared for your life or the life of others and took the only necessary actions you had at the time to prevent that loss of life then you will find yourself on the right side of the law every time. Nothing else matters.

Last edited by DeltaF; 08-30-2013 at 05:13 AM.

Old 08-30-2013, 04:49 AM   #42
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 4803 Times on 2686 Posts
Likes Given: 1736

If you are standing in the court arguing about ammunition you are OK. If they are discussing your case because you are in the morgue.

Last edited by nitestalker; 08-30-2013 at 04:51 AM.
People Like This