9 ways your firearm can be attacked in court - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

9 ways your firearm can be attacked in court

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-28-2013, 04:18 PM   #11
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2059 Times on 828 Posts
Likes Given: 2706

I know of no cases where the modification of a weapon was used by an attorney to make someone look guilty, but it does not mean it has not or can not happen with the mentality of the anti-gun bottom feeders anything is possible.

It is something that people should be ready to defend against if they are brought to trial for such as this

Old 08-28-2013, 04:31 PM   #12
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2614 Times on 1440 Posts
Likes Given: 4139

Mas Ayoob talks all around this stuff. Yep, show me where the use of handloads in a righteous self defense case where a civilian killed an attacking perp made any difference in the outcome of a criminal trial.
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-28-2013, 04:46 PM   #13

All I see in all this is the anti's using anything they can use to make gun owners and the gun out as the bad guy
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #14
Welcoming Committee/ Resident Pellet Gunner
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 626 Times on 477 Posts
Likes Given: 1111

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww
All I see in all this is the anti's using anything they can use to make gun owners and the gun out as the bad guy
You have a point there, the anti's will be saying that "we need to ban hand loading equipment, hollow points, and lasers because they make it easier for those gun nuts to kill people" and that type of crap.

[COLOR="Blue"]See my pellet guns here: http://www.firearmstalk.com/forums/groups/ftf%20pellet%20gunners/air%20gun%20picture%20thread-149/

RESIDENT AIR GUN GUY
opaww Likes This 
Old 08-28-2013, 09:28 PM   #15
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

some very good posts Opaww.

i see it this way, it should not matter one iota what firearm or ammo is used as long as they are legal if the shooting is justified and righteous.

but, in this day and age, all it would take an overzealous, gun hating, liberal prosecutor with a burr under his saddle to want to make a case a precident and make an example for future cases of justified SD shootings.

IMO, a shooting is either justified or it isn't. if the facts and evidence bear out the situation that took place, then the firearm and ammo should be irrelevent and not a factor that should ever be considered.

a person should never have to make a decision on the firearms or ammo they want to use to protect themselves, based on what liberal gun haters might think or say.
People Like This 
Old 08-28-2013, 09:43 PM   #16
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2452 Times on 1342 Posts
Likes Given: 336

...blah blah blah. If your life or someone else's life is obviously in danger the justification for lethal force is there in most states, and it doesn't matter if you use hand loaded ammo, a vehicle or a baseball bat if you can prove that you did what was necessary for a reasonable person to stop the threat you'll be clear. I'm sure those arguments have been used before and will be used again.

Show me one where it resulted in a jury swinging from not guilty to guilty and I'll pay attention to it.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:53 PM   #17
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post
...blah blah blah. If your life or someone else's life is obviously in danger the justification for lethal force is there in most states, and it doesn't matter if you use hand loaded ammo, a vehicle or a baseball bat if you can prove that you did what was necessary for a reasonable person to stop the threat you'll be clear. I'm sure those arguments have been used before and will be used again.

Show me one where it resulted in a jury swinging from not guilty to guilty and I'll pay attention to it.
nobody is saying that it has happened in a justified or righteous Sd shooting, but, that it could happen, if the wrong prosecutor and the wrong jury is sitting in that particular day in court.

i agree, it should have no bearing whatsoever, but there always is the possibility that it could happen.

in most instances, as long as the shooting is justified, it will probably not be and issue. but i personally would not want to roll those dice and come up wrong and my freedom being held in the balance.

Old 08-28-2013, 09:56 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaF View Post

I really don't give a **** if you pay attention or not

Old 08-28-2013, 09:59 PM   #19
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55

nobody is saying that it has happened in a justified or righteous Sd shooting, but, that it could happen, if the wrong prosecutor and the wrong jury is sitting in that particular day in court.

i agree, it should have no bearing whatsoever, but there always is the possibility that it could happen.

in most instances, as long as the shooting is justified, it will probably not be and issue. but i personally would not want to roll those dice and come up wrong and my freedom being held in the balance.
If the shooting is justified and the jury swings for one of these rediculous reasons, and it doesn't get thrown out in the appeals process, then we might as well start either turning in all our firearms or hunkering down in homemade bunkers because the great American gun grab will have begun and it will be the EOTWAWKI.
Old 08-28-2013, 10:04 PM   #20
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by opaww

I really don't give a **** if you pay attention or not
Carry a squirt pistol. Then the attorney won't have any dumb arguments about your deadlier than deadly force.