8 Best Left Wing Quotes - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 8 Best Left Wing Quotes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-10-2013, 06:21 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1960 Times on 1032 Posts
Likes Given: 4288

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter17 View Post
Does anybody remember the time when a reporter asked Carolyn mcarthy what a barrel shroud was, (she was trying to ban them) and she evaded the question twice. Eventually she said that a barrel shroud was a "shoulder thing that goes up." The worst part is that this woman is from my terrible state of NY.
For your viewing (dis)pleasure...

Old 07-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #32

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent
I think it's time that she gets put in a home!
texaswoodworker Likes This 
Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #33

And an oldie but a goodie...PPFFTT!!!

Old 07-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by elfmdl View Post
I think it's time that she gets put in a home!
...or under one...
Old 07-10-2013, 06:32 PM   #35

Quote:
And an oldie but a goodie...PPFFTT!!!

Video Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQqieimwLQ
I need these heat seeking bullets!! I will never miss a deer again!!!!
People Like This 
Old 07-10-2013, 06:33 PM   #36

Okay, okay, I'll stop now...
shoulderthing.jpg  
People Like This 
Old 07-10-2013, 07:16 PM   #37

Quote:
Okay, okay, I'll stop now...
That's the funniest thing I've seen in a while!

Old 07-10-2013, 07:44 PM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1788 Times on 1171 Posts
Likes Given: 1552

I cannot believe you all left out these little gems from Rep DeGette and her staff:

“If you ban them in the future the number of these high-capacity magazines is going to decrease dramatically over time because the bullets will have been shot and there won’t be any more available,” said DeGette.

In fact magazines can be reloaded and reused.

A spokesperson for DeGette actually compounded the situation by stating the congresswoman was confusing magazines with clips. Most ammo clips can be reused as well.
“Somebody has to speak for these people. Y'all got on this boat for different reasons, but y'all come to the same place. So now I'm asking more of you than I have before. Maybe all. Sure as I know anything, I know this—they will try again. Maybe on another world, maybe on this very ground swept clean. A year from now, ten? They'll swing back to the belief that they can make people...better. And I do not hold to that. So no more runnin'. I aim to misbehave.” Mal Reynolds Serenity/Firefly

Last edited by DFlynt; 07-10-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Old 07-10-2013, 11:38 PM   #39

Liked 325 Times on 194 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
After reading the quotes from our intelligent, caring, well-educated, morally strong, forward thinking leaders from both sides of the political divide, it has become clear to me.......we're doomed!
Well said! I like that!!!!

Old 07-11-2013, 01:24 PM   #40
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 979 Times on 475 Posts
Likes Given: 571

“...incorporate technology that precludes the average 5-year-old child from operating a handgun when it is ready to fire….”

Maybe a 20 pound trigger pull?

ellis

http://speier.house.gov/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1105: congresswoman-jackie-speier-introduces-two-gun-safety-bills-including-the-child-handgun-safety-act-&catid=1ress-releases&Itemid=14

Congresswoman Jackie Speier Introduces Two Gun Safety Bills, Including The Child Handgun Safety Act

June 27, 2013

WASHINGTON, D.C. – Today, Congresswoman Jackie Speier (D-San Francisco/San Mateo) introduced two bills aimed at reducing gun violence and increasing firearm safety. One of the bills calls for safety modifications in handguns to guard against incidents among children. This past weekend, another child death occurred, as a 5-year old girl in New Orleans accidentally shot and killed herself with a .38 caliber revolver.

Speier stated: “Each year, we are saddened by unspeakable tragedies involving guns and children. Yet, a majority of gun deaths involving children are preventable at the point of manufacturing. More than half of child deaths from guns result from accidents or failure to secure guns in the home. In the past, we have taken similar safety measures with products such as butane lighters and prescription drug bottles. It’s inexcusable we haven’t done the same with deadly weapons. We have an urgent responsibility to prevent these tragic deaths through smart, more effective handgun policies.”

In particular, the Child Handgun Safety Act would require that all handguns manufactured, sold in, or imported into the United States to incorporate technology that precludes the average 5-year-old child from operating a handgun when it is ready to fire. The Act would also require any handgun sold, offered for sale, traded, transferred, shipped, leased, or distributed in the U.S. two years after enactment to be child-resistant or retrofitted with a child-resistant mechanism. The Child Handgun Safety Act is supported by the Brady Campaign and the Violence Policy Center…...

…..Congresswoman Speier also introduced the Modernized Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act of 2013, which would require the Attorney General to modify the definition of armor-piercing ammunition to conform to the performance of the bullet, rather than mere metallurgical content. Because of significant developments in bullet propellants, coatings and materials, such as Teflon, the original Law Enforcement Officers Protection Act of 1986 is outdated. As a result, the marketplace has been flooded by growing volumes of ammunition that are fully capable of piercing body armor while skirting the definition of the 1986 ban.

“It’s been 27 years since Congress acted to protect law enforcement personnel from so-called “cop-killer” bullets. Our first responders are at a greater disadvantage today than they were decades ago. If they are going to put themselves in the line of fire in our communities and neighborhoods, we owe it to them to update existing laws and get with the times.”