7 round limit will not be enforced. - Page 2
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    

Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

7 round limit will not be enforced.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #11
FTF_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1392 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anna_Purna View Post
So in other words, more public officials not upholding the laws they were sworn to protect. They need to just repeal this law and get it off the books.
Not really.
The 7 round limit was struck down on 12-2013 by a Federal Judge.
So, for right now there is NO law restricting a Mag to 7 rounds.

The NY State police are not violating anything, as a matter of fact if they tried to enforce the 7 round mag limit they would be in violation a a court order.

This of course has been appealed and is not over yet, but for now, there is no 7 round mag law in NY.

kfox75 Likes This 
Old 03-27-2014, 03:16 PM   #12

Liked 3241 Times on 1624 Posts
Likes Given: 426

Quote:
On December 31st, the United States District Court for the Western District of New York in Buffalo ruled that the seven round limit was unconstitutional. Because of the decision, the New York State Police will not be enforcing the seven-round limit.
Well gosh, thanks for not enforcing the portion of the law ruled unconstitutional.
Mighty decent of them, dontcha think?

NRA Life Member

The hardest thing to explain is the glaringly evident which everybody had decided not to see. - Ayn Rand
People Like This 
Old 03-27-2014, 03:26 PM   #13
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 1392 Times on 750 Posts
Likes Given: 790

Yeah, they make it sound as if they are fighting for Joe Citizen and defying the State Legislators, when in reality they they are doing nothing.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:09 PM   #14
Not Unsafe Act Compliant!
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 2501 Times on 1516 Posts
Likes Given: 13758

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Still this is a tremendous if only temp. Victory for everyone in NY except for maybe folks in NYC, whose politicians think they are Demi-gods.. The NYPD has already said they WILL enforce the law for everyone except current and Ret. LEO's, who were already given a "Pass" by gov. Cabbage Patch....

Sent from my iPad using Firearms Talk
From what I understand about NYC gun laws, the 7 round limit is less restrictive than the current limit of 5 rounds in the magazine. Any magazine holding more than 5 rounds, fixed or removable, was ordered modified, destroyed, or sold out of the NYC Metro area by a law enacted about 10 years ago, and enforced the end of last year. Non compliance meant confiscation and arrest according to the story I read on it.

Said law in NYC covers long guns. Here is a link to the NYC Admin Code 10-306 (b). You will have to scroll down to it to read it. Just another BS law, and more hoops to jump through.

https://www.nysrpa.org/files/nyc-admincode.pdf

Have I mentioned how glad I am to be leaving this State?

Si vis pacem para bellum.

There are two ways of doing something. Right and again.

If you can't be good, be great at it.

Old 03-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #15
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by mseric View Post
Yeah, they make it sound as if they are fighting for Joe Citizen and defying the State Legislators, when in reality they they are doing nothing.
It is true that the Admin is trying to make it sound like they are fighting for the little guy here, but even though they really are not doing so many of the Troopers I know are trying to help get the Unsafe Act overturned. Most of NY's problems stem from just one area of the State, the South East corner, AKA NYC.

I have been trying for years to get my Representatives to start a bill that would seperate the state into 2 states. Everything South and East of Orange and Rockland Counties can go with the City, we'll keep the rest. Better yet, let's offer up NYC to Jersey. Most of the folks that work there are from Jersey anyway, so it would be a win win for them.

Hell, the Port Authority and the Immigration center are already in Jersey, why not give them Lady Liberty as well.

if the city is dropped from the state, most of our political problems would vanish within one election cycle.

WebleyFosbery38 Likes This 
Old 03-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #16
disappointed & disgusted, But DETERMINED...
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Liked 3383 Times on 2289 Posts
Likes Given: 710

Statue of Liberty is already part of Jersey......

"The difference between a successful person and others is not a lack of strength, not a lack of knowledge, but rather in a lack of will." Vince Lombardi

"No One, and I MEAN NO ONE Craps on me and Gets away with it!!! Those days are gone...
kfox75 Likes This 
Old 03-28-2014, 06:03 PM   #17
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrFootball View Post
Statue of Liberty is already part of Jersey......

Thanks Doc. I learned something new today. I always thought it was in NY, but now I know i was wrong.

i still say we should offer up NYC to Jersey though.