Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 65 dollars a gun for Illinois residents.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-11-2012, 03:07 PM   #21
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2223 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marthor View Post
Is there any other type of property that is taxed on a recurring basis besides land?

Cars/driving is considered a privilage and you have to renew registration. Other than that, I can't think of any other property that is taxed past the point of initial purchase.

What's to say they couldn't start demanding registration of bicycles with renewal fees every 3 years?

Government overreach needs to be stopped everywhere!

How about your dog? Dog permit is just a dog tax.

Old 02-12-2012, 02:29 AM   #22

Liked 991 Times on 499 Posts
Likes Given: 2547

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjd3282 View Post
What's next, a tax on our freedom of speech?
Don't we already have that? Want to speak publicly? Need a permit!

Old 02-12-2012, 07:17 AM   #23

Liked 2223 Times on 1002 Posts
Likes Given: 2155

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimePorkchop View Post
Don't we already have that? Want to speak publicly? Need a permit!
Forgot about that one. Good point.

Old 02-12-2012, 08:47 AM   #24

I can finally understand why people want to go off the grid and run for the mountains or the desert. Every day I come that much closer to doing it my self I love my country I served my country honorably and have lost so many friends and I feel like our great Nation is falling apart and I pray for our country but then to see our government slowly turning our founding fathers dreams from WE THE PEOPLE to screw the people it breaks my heart.

Old 02-12-2012, 11:55 AM   #25

Liked 1119 Times on 726 Posts
Likes Given: 1995

Heres what kills me. These Chicago dems want to tax u for something you already paid tax on once. If they would just wake up and see some light 75% of IL house holds have a gun of some sort pass a concealed carry and charge each person $200 for their permit every 5 yrs . Now not only have they generated revenue but they have created some jobs for CCW classes and for someone to keep track of it all but they just hit my house hold up for $400 I'm more than willing to pay without kicking and screaming . I'm sure I'm not the only one that would be more than willing to give them this money . But u start taxing me for every gun and suddenly I have sold them all out of state , now where u gonna get ur money Illinois ?

Last edited by purehavoc; 02-12-2012 at 11:59 AM.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:49 AM   #26

Liked 117 Times on 79 Posts
Likes Given: 21

I seem to remember that Abe Lincoln left Ill and as a matter of fact so did Barry Obama - - - I don't understand why he doen't go back to Kenya instead of trying to make us like them.

Old 02-13-2012, 04:22 AM   #27

I hate IL. I tried to leave a couple times but we have a TON of family on both sides and my wife wanted to stay. Now my kids are older and I don't want to rip them away from their friends. I have 8-10 yrs left in the sht state of IL then I am gone!! I know many people who feel like I do. IL is going to be the next Michigan/Ohio soon!

Old 02-13-2012, 04:57 AM   #28
Lifetime Supporting Member
FTF_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 7805 Times on 4508 Posts
Likes Given: 10054

Aw Hell, what are you all bellyaching about? I pay registration for my cars, my RV, my boat. I pay for each and every one of them every year. Oh wait. I own several vehicles that are on inoperative status. I don't pay for those every year. And oh yes, the trailers I pay a one-time fee for 5 years or some BS like that.

Maybe what Illinois should do is to impose a caliber tax. You pay less for a .22 caliber than you do for a .50 caliber. Then there would be a center-fire enhancement so a .22 rimfire would not cost as much as a .223/5.56. A .308 would not cost as much as a .30/06. But wait, is the .308 a more formidible round than the .30/06? then it should cost more! The 50 caliber black powder would be exempt except for the excessive smoke emissions from a black powder gun which would be an extra surcharge.

Just trying to think like a lawmaker.

We are doomed as a nation.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:12 AM   #29

Location: City of the Crooks (Chicago),Illinois - Crook County
Liked 24 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Wait until we gotta pay carbon taxes for shooting guns aha!

"It causes all, both small and great, both rich and poor, both free and slave, to be marked on the right hand of the forehead so that no one can buy or sell unless he has the mark, that is, the name of the beast or the number of its name" Revelations

"So you say your prayers and you thank the lord, for that peace maker in the dresser drawer"

Old 02-13-2012, 06:42 AM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwk4667
I seem to remember that Abe Lincoln left Ill and as a matter of fact so did Barry Obama - - - I don't understand why he doen't go back to Kenya instead of trying to make us like them.
Hell yea brother well said