Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 2nd Amendment Nationwide Ad Campaign

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Pounce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 222
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Nobody is saying that we can't trade with them. We just don't need to be involved in their political issues or do any nation building. Do you remember this?

"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place." -- George W. Bush, Nov. 7, 2000 in Chattanooga, TN.

This was the night before the 2000 election.

“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.” -- Plato

“There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.” -- General Smedley Butler
Damn'd your good. I read about what you say all the time but just can't type or put it into words,let alone remember what iv'e read.

I went to a gun show up in Grenville (SC) yesterday. And to my great pleasure...A Ron Paul booth! Got myself a couple bumper stickers!
__________________
Pounce is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #32
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 140
Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Nobody is saying that we can't trade with them. We just don't need to be involved in their political issues or do any nation building. Do you remember this?

"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place." -- George W. Bush, Nov. 7, 2000 in Chattanooga, TN.

This was the night before the 2000 election.

“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.” -- Plato

“There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.” -- General Smedley Butler
As long as we trade with them, we will have to be involved politically with them. The area is so volatile that there will always be events that threaten our economy. Unfortunately, that means that we will have to support some people and go against others. Add that to the fact that we are "infidels" and we are in the $hi+ regardless. We could just not do business with them, but where would we go? Kazakhstan? Maybe, but we see how our relations with Russian are going and they may as well still be part of Russia. Venezuela? Yeah, there's a good option. Alaska? It's one of the last mostly untouched parts of the US and it should stay that way. Texas is a possibility, but it doesn't have enough to last. Our only other option is alternative fuels and the next person that suggests ethanol is going to cause me to have a stroke. Hydrogen is the way to go, but hardly anyone would make money off of it so that's not happening.
__________________
Duck is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Damn'd your good. I read about what you say all the time but just can't type or put it into words,let alone remember what iv'e read.

I went to a gun show up in Grenville (SC) yesterday. And to my great pleasure...A Ron Paul booth! Got myself a couple bumper stickers!
Good for you!
__________________
WARNING: CZs MAY BE HABIT-FORMING.
Consult your doctor if nursing or pregnant.

Member GCO
Chuck is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #34
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Chuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 286
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
As long as we trade with them, we will have to be involved politically with them. The area is so volatile that there will always be events that threaten our economy. Unfortunately, that means that we will have to support some people and go against others. Add that to the fact that we are "infidels" and we are in the $hi+ regardless. We could just not do business with them, but where would we go? Kazakhstan? Maybe, but we see how our relations with Russian are going and they may as well still be part of Russia. Venezuela? Yeah, there's a good option. Alaska? It's one of the last mostly untouched parts of the US and it should stay that way. Texas is a possibility, but it doesn't have enough to last. Our only other option is alternative fuels and the next person that suggests ethanol is going to cause me to have a stroke. Hydrogen is the way to go, but hardly anyone would make money off of it so that's not happening.
I'll admit that the world is a complex place. That being said, trade and dialog are one thing. Nation building and overthrowing governments are quite another. If they do something we don't like, we don't spend any money on their products. We just go elsewhere. If they threaten or attack us, that's when our superior Department of DEFENSE comes into play. The Monroe Doctrine worked well for us until it was bastardized by T.R. Roosevelt's Gunboat Diplomacy.
__________________
WARNING: CZs MAY BE HABIT-FORMING.
Consult your doctor if nursing or pregnant.

Member GCO
Chuck is offline  
 
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Firearms Forum Replies Last Post
New girlscout cookie campaign WAREAGLE The Club House 4 06-25-2009 10:53 PM
Fear drives nationwide ammo shortage Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 20 04-06-2009 04:44 AM
kid gets shocked by campaign sign Musket Politics, Religion and Controversy 8 11-02-2008 03:27 AM
Video-time to campaign :) Musket The Club House 0 09-06-2008 09:30 PM
Free posters from the Brady Campaign! Declaration Day The Club House 10 02-02-2008 08:19 PM