Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism > 2nd Amendment Nationwide Ad Campaign

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2007, 03:54 PM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Nobody is saying that we can't trade with them. We just don't need to be involved in their political issues or do any nation building. Do you remember this?

"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place." -- George W. Bush, Nov. 7, 2000 in Chattanooga, TN.

This was the night before the 2000 election.

“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.” -- Plato

“There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.” -- General Smedley Butler
Damn'd your good. I read about what you say all the time but just can't type or put it into words,let alone remember what iv'e read.

I went to a gun show up in Grenville (SC) yesterday. And to my great pleasure...A Ron Paul booth! Got myself a couple bumper stickers!

Old 09-23-2007, 10:26 PM   #32

Liked 6 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck View Post
Nobody is saying that we can't trade with them. We just don't need to be involved in their political issues or do any nation building. Do you remember this?

"Let me tell you what else I'm worried about: I'm worried about an opponent who uses nation building and the military in the same sentence. See, our view of the military is for our military to be properly prepared to fight and win war and, therefore, prevent war from happening in the first place." -- George W. Bush, Nov. 7, 2000 in Chattanooga, TN.

This was the night before the 2000 election.

“When the tyrant has disposed of foreign enemies by conquest or treaty, and there is nothing to fear from them, then he is always stirring up some war or other, in order that the people may require a leader.” -- Plato

“There are only two things we should fight for. One is the defense of our homes and the other is the Bill of Rights.” -- General Smedley Butler
As long as we trade with them, we will have to be involved politically with them. The area is so volatile that there will always be events that threaten our economy. Unfortunately, that means that we will have to support some people and go against others. Add that to the fact that we are "infidels" and we are in the $hi+ regardless. We could just not do business with them, but where would we go? Kazakhstan? Maybe, but we see how our relations with Russian are going and they may as well still be part of Russia. Venezuela? Yeah, there's a good option. Alaska? It's one of the last mostly untouched parts of the US and it should stay that way. Texas is a possibility, but it doesn't have enough to last. Our only other option is alternative fuels and the next person that suggests ethanol is going to cause me to have a stroke. Hydrogen is the way to go, but hardly anyone would make money off of it so that's not happening.

Old 09-24-2007, 02:30 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pounce View Post
Damn'd your good. I read about what you say all the time but just can't type or put it into words,let alone remember what iv'e read.

I went to a gun show up in Grenville (SC) yesterday. And to my great pleasure...A Ron Paul booth! Got myself a couple bumper stickers!
Good for you!

Member GCO

Old 09-24-2007, 02:37 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck View Post
As long as we trade with them, we will have to be involved politically with them. The area is so volatile that there will always be events that threaten our economy. Unfortunately, that means that we will have to support some people and go against others. Add that to the fact that we are "infidels" and we are in the $hi+ regardless. We could just not do business with them, but where would we go? Kazakhstan? Maybe, but we see how our relations with Russian are going and they may as well still be part of Russia. Venezuela? Yeah, there's a good option. Alaska? It's one of the last mostly untouched parts of the US and it should stay that way. Texas is a possibility, but it doesn't have enough to last. Our only other option is alternative fuels and the next person that suggests ethanol is going to cause me to have a stroke. Hydrogen is the way to go, but hardly anyone would make money off of it so that's not happening.
I'll admit that the world is a complex place. That being said, trade and dialog are one thing. Nation building and overthrowing governments are quite another. If they do something we don't like, we don't spend any money on their products. We just go elsewhere. If they threaten or attack us, that's when our superior Department of DEFENSE comes into play. The Monroe Doctrine worked well for us until it was bastardized by T.R. Roosevelt's Gunboat Diplomacy.

Member GCO