2nd Amendment Debate. - Page 4
You are Unregistered, please register to use all of the features of FirearmsTalk.com!    
Firearm & Gun Forum - FireArmsTalk.com > General Firearms Forums > Legal and Activism >

2nd Amendment Debate.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2013, 09:40 AM   #31
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Liked 1617 Times on 945 Posts
Likes Given: 1894

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker View Post
I hear that can be a bit uncomfortable.

http://www.thesmokinggun.com/buster/gun-hidden-in-butt-765912

What do you call this kind of carry?

http://newspirates.com/?p=5066
Man that's just slathered in wrong sauce....
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 AM   #32
Big TOW
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 8231 Times on 4240 Posts
Likes Given: 9476

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumJunkie View Post
Man that's just slathered in wrong sauce....
talk about concealed carry, too bad it didnt go off while he was removing it! Now thats a Colon Blow if I ever heard of one!
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 02:06 PM   #33
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Liked 6579 Times on 3639 Posts
Likes Given: 27929

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Hmmm... personally, I have no issue with background checks. Of course, that could be because I know everything in my background, and no matter how deep they went, there's nothing that would disqualify me.
I can pass them too, and it has never taken more then about 5 minutes to do one, but I still see it as a pointless law that could easily be misused by the Government and that is a violation of my right. If I want to walk into the corner hardware store and pick up an M249 without paperwork, I should be able to.

Quote:
Now, I pose a question...

What about restrictive laws? The kind that provide restrictions due to age, mental capacity, and such..
While under the custody of someone, you don't have full rights. A child can't buy a gun unless the parent buy it for them. An incarcerated criminal can't buy a gun.

For the mentally ill, if they are dangerous enough that they shouldn't have a gun, the need to be in some kind of custody. Whether it be family or state.

As for the 21 for handguns thing, I believe once you turn 18, you should be able to buy any gun you want, drink, and smoke. If your old enough to die for your country, your old enough for that other stuff.

Last edited by texaswoodworker; 08-21-2013 at 02:19 PM.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 03:26 PM   #34

Liked 101 Times on 56 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
This should be pretty interesting, but most like one sided for the most part.

Does the 2nd Amendment forbid the States from enacting gun control?
Yes
Does it protect ALL guns (everything from black powder to full auto MGs)
Yes
Does it protect both open and concealed carry?
Yes
Does it make background checks and gun registration illegal?
Yes but I have no problem with Background Checks,even though I don't think it does a whole lot of good.Anybody can get 1 if they really want it.
Does it cover all the accessories that go with guns such as magazines, scopes, ect.
I'd say magazines but not scopes,slings,speed loaders ect.Magazines determine how many shots you have,the rest you CAN do without and not change the function of the firearm
Does it ban ALL anti gun laws?
Yes
Let the debate begin.
Just my 2 cents.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:41 PM   #35
The Apocalypse Is Coming.....

Liked 22314 Times on 12477 Posts
Likes Given: 53672

Quote:
I can pass them too, and it has never taken more then about 5 minutes to do one, but I still see it as a pointless law that could easily be misused by the Government and that is a violation of my right. If I want to walk into the corner hardware store and pick up an M249 without paperwork, I should be able to.

While under the custody of someone, you don't have full rights. A child can't buy a gun unless the parent buy it for them. An incarcerated criminal can't buy a gun.

For the mentally ill, if they are dangerous enough that they shouldn't have a gun, the need to be in some kind of custody. Whether it be family or state.

As for the 21 for handguns thing, I believe once you turn 18, you should be able to buy any gun you want, drink, and smoke. If your old enough to die for your country, your old enough for that other stuff.
like i said, i am a little on the fence about background checks, simply because we do need some sort of system in place to regulate those who are restricted from buying firearms, for whatever reason, whether they are a frequent visitor to the gray bar motel or happen to be mentally unstable or are not a legal citizen of this country.

the 21 age limit for hanguns is something i also don't agree with. you can buy a long gun at 18, then a person should also be allowed to purchase a pistol as well.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 09:27 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe55 View Post
like i said, i am a little on the fence about background checks, simply because we do need some sort of system in place to regulate those who are restricted from buying firearms, for whatever reason, whether they are a frequent visitor to the gray bar motel or happen to be mentally unstable or are not a legal citizen of this country.

the 21 age limit for hanguns is something i also don't agree with. you can buy a long gun at 18, then a person should also be allowed to purchase a pistol as well.
I definetly agree that there needs to be some kind of system to stop dangerous people from buying guns, but I think there is a better way than background checks. Like I said, dangerous people need to be off the street period. If you can't trust them with a gun, then you can't really trust them at all.

The 21 age limit for handguns is something that makes no sense at all to me. A rifle or shotgun can do MUCH more damage than a pistol.

Luckily, Texas has a way around that law if you buy from an individual.
People Like This 
Old 08-21-2013, 10:09 PM   #37

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaswoodworker

I definetly agree that there needs to be some kind of system to stop dangerous people from buying guns, but I think there is a better way than background checks. Like I said, dangerous people need to be off the street period. If you can't trust them with a gun, then you can't really trust them at all.

The 21 age limit for handguns is something that makes no sense at all to me. A rifle or shotgun can do MUCH more damage than a pistol.

Luckily, Texas has a way around that law if you buy from an individual.
I'm not agreeing with the 18 thing! But I think the reasoning is the mobility or carry capability is far more verse for a handgun vs a rifle or shotgun! Allowing 18 to 21 to hunt but not carry or conceal everyday! I think the main reasoning is to keep so called "immature young adults" from feeling like it would be ok to carry Guns into our Universities or even High Schools! Just so the Government says its ok to take a bullet for Uncle Sam, doesn't mean all kids at 18 are mature enough to handle responsible gun ownership!! Ok I kind of lean toward the 21 law!!
Mason609 Likes This 
Old 08-22-2013, 03:43 AM   #38
FTF_SUPPORTER.png

Liked 921 Times on 579 Posts
Likes Given: 4839

Quote:
Personally, I don't think that a hardware store is an ideal place to buy any firearms. I'd still rather a gun store.

Quote:
So, wouldn't the same apply to an 18y/o still living at home?

Quote:
Right, and we see how well that works. Most families have a hard enough time taking care of themselves. Now they have to take care of someone that is mentally ill? And if it's the state caring for them, well, start enjoying those tax hikes.

Quote:
Yeah, no.

Just because you can enlist at 18 does NOT make you mature or responsible.

You know how often during my time as an NCO I had to bail 18 and 19 year old privates out of jail or trouble because they got wasted?

Most 18-25 year olds either don't know what moderation means, or they just chose to ignore it.

No, being 18 doesn't mean you are mature and responsible, just means that you alone can be held accountable for your actions.

Veritas Aequitas

Vincit Omnia Veritas

Vincere est Vivere

Last edited by Mason609; 08-22-2013 at 03:59 AM.

Old 08-22-2013, 04:19 AM   #39

[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609 View Post
Personally, I don't think that a hardware store is an ideal place to buy any firearms. I'd still rather a gun store.
It was just an example. Plus, a lot of hardware stores DID sell guns back before gun control became rampant.

Quote:
Yes and no. An 18 y/o living at home should have the right to buy any gun they want, but the parents still own the home so it they say no guns, then no guns. At 18, you are not a child. You are an adult.

Quote:
Right, and we see how well that works. Most families have a hard enough time taking care of themselves. Now they have to take care of someone that is mentally ill? And if it's the state caring for them, well, start enjoying those tax hikes.
A few things need to happen. The family has to be made accountable for the person's actions. That person is their responsibility. If they don't want/can't handle that responsibility, that person needs to be admitted.

As for the taxes, I'd rather my taxes go towards keeping dangerous people off the streets than going to the people who shouldn't be on welfare.

Quote:
Yeah, no.

You know how often during my time as an NCO I had to bail 18 and 19 year old privates out of jail or trouble because they got wasted?

Most 18-25 year olds either don't know what moderation means, or they just chose to ignore it.

No, being 18 doesn't mean you are mature and responsible, just means that you alone can be held accountable for your actions.
Really? Who decided this? Your grouping all the bad with the good. That's exactly what the antigunners do to us. The group the criminals in with the responsible gun owners.

I'm about to turn 21. I have had a handgun since I was 19. I've had long guns longer than that. I try to be as responsible with my guns as I can possibly be. There are a lot of members on this forum who are just like me. Why should we have to wait because of a few bad/irresponsible people?

If you are old enough to join the military, have access to fully automatic machine guns and explosives, and die for your country, you are old enough to buy a handgun.
People Like This 
Old 08-22-2013, 04:24 AM   #40

Liked 164 Times on 142 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mason609

Yeah, no.

I agree 18 is way to you for the majority to own guns, the 18 year military age is not a valid point!! Heck the military would take our children at 16 if they could get by with it!! Lying about age to enlist, used to be quite popular! And the Government didn't do to much to investigate age verification! 21 is plenty young enough and it wouldn't break my heart to see it changed to 25 or at least until they got out of school!
Mason609 Likes This